Coach x Selena Gomez

I thought to have Selena as spokesperson and the particular bag send a very mixed message; the style doesn't seem to be something the younger target audience will like. And for those who'll appreciate it, the Gomez name may put them off. Even if the price range is acceptable, I don't see how this marketing will work...maybe they'll come out with something else that matches the aesthetic better?

I have a different opinion than many others in this thread it seems. While I don't particularly love that new bag, I think the color is fashion forward and youthful. I also think she is actually exactly the type of spokesperson Coach needs ( and no, she's not my personal favorite or anything).

The reasons why I think she's the right type of spokesperson all go back to the fact that she pushes the brand in the direction it seems to want to go; I think it's the right one, many others may disagree, but it's their choice notwithstanding. Coach is entering the designer / high fashion scene with their RTW collection and higher priced bags, accessories and clothing. They upgraded a lot of their stores, and took out items that may cheapen the brand (even from the outlets). Vevers obviously added that designer quality feel to a lot of the designs and enough originality and flare to make it stand out as a brand. I think Coach would fall under the more accessible designer brands, even with the changes, and under the more 'fashionable' as opposed to 'traditional' end of the spectrum. Selena is famous, beautiful, young and has a relatively good reputation. She's the kind of spokesperson a high end label would hire, and Coach wants to appeal to younger people and to be fashionable. Even if she didn't have her own line, just having her image in all the stores and commercials really does add to Coach's image, and she is pretty enough to be a model while also being famous enough to be recognizable by most.

I saw a vogue post about this new collection if anyone is interested:
http://www.vogue.com/article/selena-gomez-coach-collaboration-every-item

The color is beautiful. I does remind me of my Drifter Carryall with out the turnlock and flap, which I love because I keep my phone in the pocket.
I'll wait to see it IRL.

Am I the only one that hopes to win a bag from her collection but without her signature? LOL I love the red color. I do not have a vibrant red in my collection.

I entered the contest just to win a trip to New York and the Coach House. I'd probably give the bag to my mom and I agree it would be better without her signature.