Reveal 17B Red Mini & Bonus Photos of Requested Comparison with Chanel Red 00V, 12A, 14C, 16SS :)

View attachment 3772394
I'm thinking of this outfit to out for dinner tonight with 17B red mini....:rolleyes:I always wear new purse right away after purchased....;)
View attachment 3772396
I just noticed this dark red mini matches with 16 fall necklace which has 2 tone of dark red glasses. I purchased this necklace in Paris last December but wore only twice until now....I am happy this 17B will help this necklace to come out more often...:smile:

Wow oh wow oh wow - OUTSTANDING!!!!! :dothewave: :tup:
This thread is so awesome that I have to open up the "smilies" page on the "help" tab to make sure that I have enough emoticons to properly convey my appreciation! :ghi5: :goodpost:
This is the best comparison EVER! thank you for so carefully comparing the colors, leather texture, shine, everything!
First of all, like you, I like them ALL! hahahaha I like variety!!! it would be so boring otherwise and probably Chanel then can't hold my interest!
I can see though how if one knows and wants only 1 Chanel red, then there is the desire to exhaustively ensure it's the red that in their mind is the best - and we all know there's a lot of hype created for "true" red. I honesty think we all use the term but the word "true" here is so subjective. :lol: But it's all good. The truth is, they're all gorgeous but since so much hype's been created over the popular bluish red, there's certainly lots of folks looking for the elusive "true red" as a result (or what majority decides is a "true" red). I think the fire of the red color brings out the passion in us Chanel fans too! :P Your comparison is so very helpful! I'm sure it helped many at least find out more about what shades of red(s) they personally prefer. This thread needs to win a most helpful Chanel thread of the year award. :tup:

Honestly, Chanel makes such great vibrant saturated colors in their bags, it's real dangerous for a person like me who loves ALL colors. However, even I have my favorites in Blue, Red, and Pink. As such, I've thus far "had to" buy many shades of blue, pink and red to date because they are all gorgeous but different shads of these 3 colors. I don't regret them because I feel these 3 colors are IMO the most versatile colors outside of black where I find so very easy to match 90% plus of any outfits/styles/color combo. They are the kind of colors where I find no matter what style or outfit colors I am wearing, a chanel bag in those 3 colors no matter what shade of the color would go well with.

I love this 17B mini for its chameleon nature (and love both extreme shades of the colors that it produces - a rich dark red or a bright red under sunlight). This bag satisfied my craving for a classic red (I agree with you that this red is the closest I've seen to OOV). I like the soft glow of the caviar also - while I ALSO love the slick shiny red texture of your other caviar reds too shown in photos. They are simply different and honestly I can't choose a favorite. One is soft feminine, classy and demure, while the other (shiny) is just simply hot. Ideally I want both, therefore can't settle for just one shade of red.

I love my Chanel Lion chevron single flap's red for it's bright fire hydrant red (it's like the sexiest Chanel red I have :loveeyes:), love my M/L lamb raspberry red for its youthful fun, vibrant and bright cheery red, and I love my 17B dark red for
exactly the same reason you quoted: it's like a darker version of the OOV (which has always to me been the most classic red), and because it's got this soft feminine and almost "effortless" quality to it (yes i'm nuts) while having a very saturated shade. I think it's the most versatile of my reds so far actually. Especially because it checked all boxes of what I don't have yet in the previous more dressed up reds (in M/L with dressier light gold hardware and in slightly larger than M/L with silver hardware; and both in lamb). This 17B is in caviar plus silver hardware.

Congrats on getting yet another red beauty to your collection!

Reactions: shopgirl4cc and yai
This is a great Red Comparison! :smile: thank you shopgirl4cc for showing your gorgeous red collection! This will be an awesome reference thread for those hunting their perfect red shade.

I spotted my desired red colour - the 14C! What a lovely fiery red! :smile:
Thank you so much Arieigal! I am so glad to hear that and hope this helps ladies :smile:
Yes 14C is the most cheerful happy red in them and I wear her most often - she's always a great pop of color ;)

Thank you soooo much for this thread. Extremely nice of you to compare all those reds :heart: Love love love your red collection!!!
My personal favourite from your set is the 14C since I love a bright fiery red. I did go see it when it came out but somehow on its own it didn't thrill me, so I passed on it. But having seen your comparison I now realise this is the shade I prefer. Also, so far I've been kinda regretting letting go of my 12A, but seeing your photos make me realise I did make the right call since I don't love the blue undertone at all. Like you said it is indeed personal. So thanks again for this thread! Very helpful indeed :flowers:
Still waiting to see the 17B red in real life, though. Fall act 1 hasn't arrived where I am :crybaby: so now I'm just drooling over the Fall Act 1 and the July Purchases threads!

Thank you Panzanella! You're so sweet to say that. I am so grad if this thread is helpful.
You described *Fiery red* is so true, yes 14C is and seems always a popular girl by lovely Chanel lover ladies ;)
I hope your 17B red mini will arrive at your store soon!! I know Chanel long waiting is killing us sometimes but you know it will be more a special moment when meet and exciting while waiting :hugs:

OMG what a beautiful red collection!!! Thanks so much for sharing great comparison pics. I don't own Red Chanel yet and plan to add and this helps a lot. 12a is to die for and my dream bag :love:My chanel addiction started last year and how I wish i could know these reds earlier. All is just so beautiful!:girlsigh:
Thank you so much Love Paris City!! Btw, I really like your user name :hbeat: whenever see yours it reminds me of my most favorite beautiful city in the world ( next is Tokyo and Manhattan ;) ) Not just for Chanel boutiques and my favorite SAs there haha :giggle: just love Paris so much since I was 20...:rolleyes::girlsigh: Wish all of Chanel friends could trip there together once, how it would be..:heart:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking time doing this thread!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!
Your red Chanel collection is amazing, I love every single piece!!! Seriously can't tell which one is the most perfect, they're all so gorgeous in different ways! Congratulations on your new mini!!! :heart::heart::heart:
Thank you so much Auvina15! ;) You are so kind to say that! I am so glad you could enjoy to view :hugs:

Reactions: fally and Auvina15
Such gorgeousness!!! You have the best red Chanel bags :loveeyes:
Congrats on your new red mini. This red is just amazing, isn't it? :love:
Thanks so much Bother Free :smooch: You are too sweet to say that...:blush: Mine is not that much... You have the most amazing Chanel collection for all the category! :hbeat:I'm always amazed how your gorgeous haul and great reveals are :yes::heart:

Wow lovely red collection:nuts:.. love the 17B and 12A red.. thanks for taking the time to do the comparison for reference.. I hope I can get the 17B but currently now is sold out :sad:
Thank you so much Ice24 :heart: I believe your 17B will come to you, my finger crossed, my friend. You know sometimes miracle happens in this forum. Chanel shopping thread has this boutique stock or find thread there where could show up one, so don't give up :heart:I'll also PM you if I heard from any SAs. :smile:

Congrats on this beautiful red!! And your red collection is epic!! :loveeyes:
You prefer silver hardware for your red bags?
Thank you my sweet friend Bibi :heart: Yes personally I prefer silver hardware on Red Chanel but that's just my personal taste. I saw many beautiful Red Chanel with gold HW or RHW until now. I love both hardware in general and also love recent light gold HW on colorful purses ;)

Still drooling over here on all your "lady in red". Absolutely love your beautiful red family. They are all different, therefore it's justifiable to have all of them.
Thank you so much Chanel923! :smooch: I love your pick:heart: I just searched the song online and saw that right now :lol: and I really like what you said :biggrin: its only Chanel lover could say that haha ;) :hugs:

Wow! Beautiful collection! Thank you so much for taking the time to document your collection and comparison of the different season reds! I applaud you for an extensive and thoughtful write up of your thoughts as it pertain to 17B red especially for someone who may be thinking about this season mini. Thank you!!

Thank you so much dear BirkinLover77 :heart: You are really so sweet lady and kind to say that. Your thoughtful words made my day :smile:
It is my pleasure :heart:I am really so glad if this thread could help ladies :idea:

What a beautiful comparison! Thanks for pointing out the size of the pebbles as well. The smaller grains look like the YSL bag I have in the grained leather.

Thank you pinkrose398:heart: I'm glad that helps. Yes I think recent designer houses might be using similar source of the leather making...? :thinking: These small pebbles gain leathers makes a big difference for sheen and looks. Personally I miss old caviar of Chanel classic flap for their sheen but also love current caviar that has different character and sheen. :smile:

Thank you so much for posting your AMAZING red collection!! I adore Chanel and joined here recently. I bought my dream bag classic medium black caviar gold hardware and I was satisfied but I'm obsessed now! lol Chanel is dangerously addictive. I want to buy 2nd one and red Chanel. I wish to find red medium size classic flap like yours. Your comparison is so helpful! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful red family! :smile:
Hi CoCoLover20 :wave: Thanks so much & Welcome to Chanel addictive club :giggle: I totally get what you say, I was exact same haha..I think we all went through that.. oh well, you've got bitten by the bug. I hope I didn't provoke that bug...:biggrin: But...I hope you find your loving Red soon :smile: :hugs: