Reveal 17B Red Mini & Bonus Photos of Requested Comparison with Chanel Red 00V, 12A, 14C, 16SS :)

shopgirl4cc

Sep 6, 2014
Hi Dear Chanel lovers ~ :wave:
So first I’d like to say, Congratulation to the ladies who’ve gotten your beautiful 17B minis with your heart beats!!! :heart::hbeat: :congrats: :dothewave: I am really so happy for you all and excited to see your excitement! :smile: I saw Fall Act 1 thread, Wow It’s on fire and so fast paced that i cannot catch up all the posts :cray: I’m always impressed by those ladies' passions for Chanel and supports each other like that :tup: I love Purse Forum for this reason :smile:
Fall Act 1 posts inspired me to check out 17B Red in person. I just received the mini on Thursday night since I've been busy and missed the package on Wednesday and finally took photos today.
Many ladies asked me some requests for comparison and review especially with 00V and 12A. I know there's many fans of these and passions on shades of Reds. Even though I felt little pressure since I'm just being busy ( or called lazy lol ) and not good with organizing threads in general, I decided to open an thread for ladies rather than replying to each PM. My photo is not perfect but tried my best - Hope these helps for ladies to enjoy viewing :flowers:
First I'd like you to know this is just reference of comparison to help you to enjoy. Each shade is just personal preferences in the end as you know and It doesn't really matter where True Red or Not, so let's not use the word here for avoid confusion... :smile: Most important..how we love and enjoy wearing them ;)

Thanks for letting me share here my review and humble red collection with passion :smile:
Dear Chanel friends and lovelies ~ :heart: I hope all of you enjoy your beautiful Chanel whether Red or Black, other colors, most importantly with your heart beats. Life is short, lets enjoy what we have and our love of Chanel.....:winkiss: :wave:

box.jpg
IMG_1644.JPG
17B is indeed beautiful Red. No wonder many ladies fall in love with this 17B Red. She is slightly darker in shade and soft rounded in shape also a cutie and definetely a keeper :smile:
Feels lucky to welcome her into my humble Red collection I often reach my Red Chanel myself and love wearing Red purse often, so actually not as "collection" I can see I will enjoy this wearable mini that will be easily match with any dairy outfits.
:rolleyes:There is so many beautiful Reds exist at least in the past 10 years as I know. I only own these 4 Reds currently to compare.
However, since people asked my opinion and review, I try my best and here is honest view. Hope this helps -
While right next each other, 17B is clearly little darker red in them, which means easy to wear all year around especially in fall and winter. It's slightly darker than 00V in real life. Looking at 00V as center in all 5, 17B is dark red, 14C has clearly orange undertone, 16SS has tint of orange undertone, 12A is the one often called "lipstick" has tint of blue undertone.

All is natural day light in the noon, no flash. These photos are the closest to real life and the best i could.
#1.jpg

From the left to the right
Top - 16SS Square Chevron mini, 14C Rect mini
Middle - 17B Rect mini, 00V WOC
Bottom 12A M/L Classic flap
All is caviar with silver hardware
00V.JPG
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 00V WOC
12a .JPG
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 12A
16SS.JPG
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 16SS

00V vs JPG.JPG
OOV WOC front / 17B back

Both are beautiful red indeed :smile: However, I noticed the difference - 17B has slightly muted or soft matte dark red look like on its texture in real life. It's hard to describe. Just example, if you're familiar with description of color of artist oil painting materials; when you buy painting material, there's difference between transparent or matte. It remind me of somethings like that.
From real life of each and you could also see from the photos clearly that 12A has indeed richer color looks or could be described as transparent Red that's what 12A caviar has. I can see these effect comes from differences of textures of caviar leather. Photos can tells all more than my review :smile:
12a, 17b.JPG

Last edited:
Additional note : Regarding the texture of caviar on 17B, small pebbled caviar which is same caviar like recent 17C and 16SS, while other caviar minis I own since years ago have same or similar caviar of Classic flap. I’ve used to many textures of caviar each seasons for years. Those huge changes came around 2016 spring - 16SS caviar ( reference of 16SS caviar is chevron square mini in the photos )

Recent 17C black caviar mini has the most shiny surface almost look like patent from afar. I could imagine it would become a huge differences of people's preferences on these. 17C has also stitching on flap edge while clean shape and more structured on 17C and 16SS, this 17B has little soft mood by slightly rounded shape that is also depends on personal preferences.
I think this shape make this purse feminine look and adorable, match to this dark red color.
I noticed definitely the textures makes the color looks different shade and the shape makes the purse different. I have at least 6 different caviars and I would like verity of caviars since these differences makes me feel justify enough to add this 17B into my minis collection ( or just excusing to add... lol :sweatdrop: ) I need to excuse to welcome this 17B mini as my 12th mini... ( It could be 14th if I've not passed 2 patents minis to my friends which I didn't use much)I know I am little bit crazy but many of ladies have even more amazing collections. I am glad to share with you all who never judges. Thanks for letting me share my collection with passion... :heart::blush:(well, obsession=addiction=collection :biggrin:)

Bonus photo
Comparison of texture of caviar - 17B / 12A. Photos were taken under the same natural sun light

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 4.33.07 PM.png

Personally my most favorite caviar on Red Chanel is 12A which is called iridescent caviar that shows transparent richness of Red, and softer yet very sturdy and well structured especially on their M/L and Jumbo size flaps. This transparent and sheen on caviar look like lambskin quits from afar.
Personally I love 12A in ML size to enjoy this sheen and puffiness of caviar 12A Red caviar is just totally different from all the other Red caviar I own.
However, I love this 17B Red caviar mini in different way. I know how exciting for us this darker shade of Red finally come out since we've been seen many Red has orange undertone in past a few seasons. I remember at least past 10 years, popular Reds usually comes in every 2 years.2010, 2012, 2013, 2015.... I remember all were great years for nice Red. I don't have 15B or other Reds.
Edit: I know my dearest friend @Kendie26 own her gorgeous lambskin ML size. :love::heart::heart::heart:
I imagine how this 17B would be richer Red on lambskin. I would love to see if this beautiful Red has lambskin version as well. :rolleyes::heart:
All of these 5 Red is clearly different shade in real life and none of them are exact same shade of Red in person. That's said, I love each of 5 Reds that has different shade and textures, sheen, just like 5 kids have each different shade of hair or shape, characters...I can't ever say a favorite in all..
Each people have each preferences and each opinions, views, free thoughts and love, that's all alright :smile: Most important things is each heart beats, I believe. All of Chanel Reds are just beautiful and It's a Chanel in the end, don't need to be even compared but I just wanted to reply to the requests and help comparison here. Hope this helps and you could enjoy my review :winkiss: :wave:

Last edited:
pearl & black dress .jpg
I'm thinking of this outfit to out for dinner tonight with 17B red mini....:rolleyes:I always wear new purse right away after purchased....;)
IMG_1689.JPG
I just noticed this dark red mini matches with 16 fall necklace which has 2 tone of dark red glasses. I purchased this necklace in Paris last December but wore only twice until now....I am happy this 17B will help this necklace to come out more often...:smile:

@shopgirl4cc
:ps: :clap: :wave: WOW SWEETEST GIRL!! Not only are your bags/pic utterly out of this world phenomenal but your very thorough & thoughtful description is truly wonderful!! How kind of you to write all of this & post your red family! Biggest Congrats :yahoo:on your newest red mini addition!:love::drinks:She fits in beautiful w/ all of her Chanel sisters!! Your outfit is so beautiful & classy for tonight....have a wonderful time! I salute you dearest friend.You are a joy, a gem, a ray of sunshine here! :sunshine: :smooch: :hbeat:

@shopgirl4cc
:ps: :clap: :wave: WOW SWEETEST GIRL!! Not only are your bags/pic utterly out of this world phenomenal but your very thorough & thoughtful description is truly wonderful!! How kind of you to write all of this & post your red family! Biggest Congrats :yahoo:on your newest red mini addition!:love::drinks:She fits in beautiful w/ all of her Chanel sisters!! Your outfit is so beautiful & classy for tonight....have a wonderful time! I salute you dearest friend.You are a joy, a gem, a ray of sunshine here! :sunshine: :smooch: :hbeat:

Thank you soooo much dear sweetest friend Knedie :smooch: :heart:You're always the best jewel and brighten forum up :hbeat:You have such a special sweet spirit and warm and generous, thoughtful heart:heart:Love you:heart: :hugs:

Thank you so much @shopgirl4cc for posting all these comparison photos and your thoughts on the new red. I am trying my best to resist getting this new red mini since I already have quite a few reds and a red mini, but your post isn't making it easy for me:smile: Enjoy your new beauty and I just love your gorgeous collection of reds:heart:
Thank you so much for your sweet words katiebal :hbeat: I know yes it's hard to resist red Chanel...I didn't plan to add another red though, here i am....:sweatdrop: ;) Sounds you have great collection of Red Chanel! I am glad I am not alone :hugs:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Much appreciated. Since my chain is twisted and a little shorter than I expected, (although I love this red so much but I am afraid that I can not wear it with anything since it's red), I am thinking about exchange it for a tote to get more use out and more money worth out of it; however, after reading your review, I might just keep it after all lol.

I adore your red collection. :love::loveeyes::wave::girlsigh::drinks:

Thank you soooo much for this thread. Extremely nice of you to compare all those reds :heart: Love love love your red collection!!!
My personal favourite from your set is the 14C since I love a bright fiery red. I did go see it when it came out but somehow on its own it didn't thrill me, so I passed on it. But having seen your comparison I now realise this is the shade I prefer. Also, so far I've been kinda regretting letting go of my 12A, but seeing your photos make me realise I did make the right call since I don't love the blue undertone at all. Like you said it is indeed personal. So thanks again for this thread! Very helpful indeed :flowers:
Still waiting to see the 17B red in real life, though. Fall act 1 hasn't arrived where I am :crybaby: so now I'm just drooling over the Fall Act 1 and the July Purchases threads!

OMG what a beautiful red collection!!! Thanks so much for sharing great comparison pics. I don't own Red Chanel yet and plan to add and this helps a lot. 12a is to die for and my dream bag :love:My chanel addiction started last year and how I wish i could know these reds earlier. All is just so beautiful!:girlsigh:

Hi Dear Chanel lovers ~ :wave:
So first I’d like to say, Congratulation to the ladies who’ve gotten your beautiful 17B minis with your heart beats!!! :heart::hbeat: :congrats: :dothewave: I am really so happy for you all and excited to see your excitement! :smile: I saw Fall Act 1 thread, Wow It’s on fire and so fast paced that i cannot catch up all the posts :cray: I’m always impressed by those ladies' passions for Chanel and supports each other like that :tup: I love Purse Forum for this reason :smile:
Fall Act 1 posts inspired me to check out 17B Red in person. I just received the mini on Thursday night since I've been busy and missed the package on Wednesday and finally took photos today.
Many ladies asked me some requests for comparison and review especially with 00V and 12A. I know there's many fans of these and passions on shades of Reds. Even though I felt little pressure since I'm just being busy ( or called lazy lol ) and not good with organizing threads in general, I decided to open an thread for ladies rather than replying to each PM. My photo is not perfect but tried my best - Hope these helps for ladies to enjoy viewing :flowers:
First I'd like you to know this is just reference of comparison to help you to enjoy. Each shade is just personal preferences in the end as you know and It doesn't really matter where True Red or Not, so let's not use the word here for avoid confusion... :smile: Most important..how we love and enjoy wearing them ;)

Thanks for letting me share here my review and humble red collection with passion :smile:
Dear Chanel friends and lovelies ~ :heart: I hope all of you enjoy your beautiful Chanel whether Red or Black, other colors, most importantly with your heart beats. Life is short, lets enjoy what we have and our love of Chanel.....:winkiss: :wave:

View attachment 3772292
View attachment 3772293
17B is indeed beautiful Red. No wonder many ladies fall in love with this 17B Red. She is slightly darker in shade and soft rounded in shape also a cutie and definetely a keeper :smile:
Feels lucky to welcome her into my humble Red collection I often reach my Red Chanel myself and love wearing Red purse often, so actually not as "collection" I can see I will enjoy this wearable mini that will be easily match with any dairy outfits.
:rolleyes:There is so many beautiful Reds exist at least in the past 10 years as I know. I only own these 4 Reds currently to compare.
However, since people asked my opinion and review, I try my best and here is honest view. Hope this helps -
While right next each other, 17B is clearly little darker red in them, which means easy to wear all year around especially in fall and winter. It's slightly darker than 00V in real life. Looking at 00V as center in all 5, 17B is dark red, 14C has clearly orange undertone, 16SS has tint of orange undertone, 12A is the one often called "lipstick" has tint of blue undertone.

All is natural day light in the noon, no flash. These photos are the closest to real life and the best i could.
View attachment 3772297

From the left to the right
Top - 16SS Square Chevron mini, 14C Rect mini
Middle - 17B Rect mini, 00V WOC
Bottom 12A M/L Classic flap
All is caviar with silver hardware
View attachment 3772308
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 00V WOC
View attachment 3772310
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 12A
View attachment 3772314
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 16SS

View attachment 3772300
OOV WOC front / 17B back

Both are beautiful red indeed :smile: However, I noticed the difference - 17B has slightly muted or soft matte dark red look like on its texture in real life. It's hard to describe. Just example, if you're familiar with description of color of artist oil painting materials; when you buy painting material, there's difference between transparent or matte. It remind me of somethings like that.
From real life of each and you could also see from the photos clearly that 12A has indeed richer color looks or could be described as transparent Red that's what 12A caviar has. I can see these effect comes from differences of textures of caviar leather. Photos can tells all more than my review :smile:
View attachment 3772318
Such gorgeousness!!! You have the best red Chanel bags :loveeyes:
Congrats on your new red mini. This red is just amazing, isn't it? :love: