Reveal 17B Red Mini & Bonus Photos of Requested Comparison with Chanel Red 00V, 12A, 14C, 16SS :)

What beautiful photos and great comparison!! Thanks so much for taking your time to make this thread, my beautiful friend! You're such a humble and the sweetest!! You're the best and Red Chanel queen for sure!! I love all of your Reds collection!!

Congratulation on your new addition 17b mini!! I am honor to inform that we are 2 bag twins again on 17b & 14c!! :smile:
I just picked up my reserved 17b red mini from NM today. It's certainly darker red IRL than I imagined. You did amazing job, your pics shows just like real life!

PS; Here is mine and would like to add my pic to share if you don't mind :smile:
My pic is not pretty as yours, but I agree It is definitely darker shade unless use the strong flash light. I usually disagree with Chanel's description on color but this one "dark red" is correct this time.
I took this pic in natural day light today. Left is 17b and right is 14c. Thanks for letting me allow to share here :smile:

Wow, Congratulation my friend!! :drinkup: Thank you so much for sharing your photo here!! Beautiful photo!! :tup: I am so happy we're bag twines :smooch: Hey darling friend, do you think would it be too funny if happens to wear exact same mini when we meet next time?! well, people might see us a strange couple...its okay though :giggle::blush: might better to arrange our outfits before we meet next time ahaha just kidding :lol: lol
Yes you're right, I see this 17B red is indeed darker red and no wonder why Chanel released this as fall series, totally different from our 14C red vibe :yes:

Thank you pinkrose398:heart: I'm glad that helps. Yes I think recent designer houses might be using similar source of the leather making...? :thinking: These small pebbles gain leathers makes a big difference for sheen and looks. Personally I miss old caviar of Chanel classic flap for their sheen but also love current caviar that has different character and sheen. :smile:
Yeah I LOVE the leather on my YSL bag because it is completely indestructible, even more so than my Chanel caviar. Although the downside is that it seems to feel less luxurious.

Hi Dear Chanel lovers ~ :wave:
So first I’d like to say, Congratulation to the ladies who’ve gotten your beautiful 17B minis with your heart beats!!! :heart::hbeat: :congrats: :dothewave: I am really so happy for you all and excited to see your excitement! :smile: I saw Fall Act 1 thread, Wow It’s on fire and so fast paced that i cannot catch up all the posts :cray: I’m always impressed by those ladies' passions for Chanel and supports each other like that :tup: I love Purse Forum for this reason :smile:
Fall Act 1 posts inspired me to check out 17B Red in person. I just received the mini on Thursday night since I've been busy and missed the package on Wednesday and finally took photos today.
Many ladies asked me some requests for comparison and review especially with 00V and 12A. I know there's many fans of these and passions on shades of Reds. Even though I felt little pressure since I'm just being busy ( or called lazy lol ) and not good with organizing threads in general, I decided to open an thread for ladies rather than replying to each PM. My photo is not perfect but tried my best - Hope these helps for ladies to enjoy viewing :flowers:
First I'd like you to know this is just reference of comparison to help you to enjoy. Each shade is just personal preferences in the end as you know and It doesn't really matter where True Red or Not, so let's not use the word here for avoid confusion... :smile: Most important..how we love and enjoy wearing them ;)

Thanks for letting me share here my review and humble red collection with passion :smile:
Dear Chanel friends and lovelies ~ :heart: I hope all of you enjoy your beautiful Chanel whether Red or Black, other colors, most importantly with your heart beats. Life is short, lets enjoy what we have and our love of Chanel.....:winkiss: :wave:

View attachment 3772292
View attachment 3772293
17B is indeed beautiful Red. No wonder many ladies fall in love with this 17B Red. She is slightly darker in shade and soft rounded in shape also a cutie and definetely a keeper :smile:
Feels lucky to welcome her into my humble Red collection I often reach my Red Chanel myself and love wearing Red purse often, so actually not as "collection" I can see I will enjoy this wearable mini that will be easily match with any dairy outfits.
:rolleyes:There is so many beautiful Reds exist at least in the past 10 years as I know. I only own these 4 Reds currently to compare.
However, since people asked my opinion and review, I try my best and here is honest view. Hope this helps -
While right next each other, 17B is clearly little darker red in them, which means easy to wear all year around especially in fall and winter. It's slightly darker than 00V in real life. Looking at 00V as center in all 5, 17B is dark red, 14C has clearly orange undertone, 16SS has tint of orange undertone, 12A is the one often called "lipstick" has tint of blue undertone.

All is natural day light in the noon, no flash. These photos are the closest to real life and the best i could.
View attachment 3772297

From the left to the right
Top - 16SS Square Chevron mini, 14C Rect mini
Middle - 17B Rect mini, 00V WOC
Bottom 12A M/L Classic flap
All is caviar with silver hardware
View attachment 3772308
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 00V WOC
View attachment 3772310
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 12A
View attachment 3772314
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 16SS

View attachment 3772300
OOV WOC front / 17B back

Both are beautiful red indeed :smile: However, I noticed the difference - 17B has slightly muted or soft matte dark red look like on its texture in real life. It's hard to describe. Just example, if you're familiar with description of color of artist oil painting materials; when you buy painting material, there's difference between transparent or matte. It remind me of somethings like that.
From real life of each and you could also see from the photos clearly that 12A has indeed richer color looks or could be described as transparent Red that's what 12A caviar has. I can see these effect comes from differences of textures of caviar leather. Photos can tells all more than my review :smile:
View attachment 3772318
WOW!!! Thank you sooo much for these comparison pics - they are so helpful! That 17B red looks amazing, and I'm glad I could get my hands on one... will be (hopefully) on its way to me soon! This red will be a great addition to my Mini and red family :heart::heart::heart: I think 17B is pretty close to 12A, although still a bit lighter as 12A - but that's ok, it's a very beautiful shade of darker red that will fit perfectly to me

Congratulation on your new addition!! Thanks soooo much for sharing this comparison photos!! WOW Your Red collection is TDF!! :loveeyes:
Thank you thank you so much for your time and effort, opening this thread!! This comparison really helps and meaning a lot to me. I am on waiting list for this 12B Red mini but it's long waiting anyway and I'd happily pass it since I've been really really wanting 00V Red for my red Chanel and mini size that what I've been after. :smile: My friend has 00V red WOC like yours and really adore hers and wanted for mini size myself :heart: I see 16SS is closer to 00V in pic, what do you think IRL? I might be not like others but I really like the color and crisp and cleaner shape of 16SS square chevron mini of yours. I hope to hunt down 16SS Red mini at preloved.
AND I really adore your 12A color too...:love:Just breathtaking and no words...I just die whenever see this color! She is just perfect classic Red flap:girlsigh:
I also remember your mod shot of your ivory mini and green lambskin mini at action thread before...Ohhh That green lambskin was so beautiful as well!! You really have an amazing collection!! :smile:

Yeah I LOVE the leather on my YSL bag because it is completely indestructible, even more so than my Chanel caviar. Although the downside is that it seems to feel less luxurious.
Yes I agree with you regarding less luxurious over the the caviar.....Its is tough for dairy wear but not comparable to luxuries of lambskin or old caviar Chanel made before... :yes:

Congrats. I love your red Chanel family. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.
I am on the wait list for the red mini. Hope my SA will call me soon.
Hi misschonghy, Thanks so much for your sweet words. :smile: my finger crossed too, hope your mini arrive soon!:hugs:

Thank you for the best comparison. Your collection is amazing :hbeat:
Thank you PBclassics! You're so sweet :smooch: I'm glad if this thread helps ;)

WOW!!! Thank you sooo much for these comparison pics - they are so helpful! That 17B red looks amazing, and I'm glad I could get my hands on one... will be (hopefully) on its way to me soon! This red will be a great addition to my Mini and red family :heart::heart::heart: I think 17B is pretty close to 12A, although still a bit lighter as 12A - but that's ok, it's a very beautiful shade of darker red that will fit perfectly to me
Thanks so much for your such sweet and thoughtful comment!:heart::blush:
Wow how exciting MaryJoe!! Congratulation on your mini on the way!! :drinks:
I can't wait to see your reveal! I'm sure you'll love this new red mini! :smile:I love your lambskin red mini from 15B:hbeat: I remember 2015 was great year for the rich Red lambskin! :love: I love your 14C caviar ML too:heart:14C is such a great red ( we're twinsis :smooch: )

Yes, I try again my honest view, To me, this 17B dark red has different shade from 12A in real life clearly. It's difficult to take the shade perfectly by photo and see online though. So their color codes is also different as well if this helps. Since I usually checked the code quickly when I purchased what I love as I also waned to make sure I wouldn't get exact same color for the variety even same red...( sorry if sounds bit crazy.... :blush: )
Good things Chanel has each color codes we can see and they sometimes repeats same color over the years as you know ( so I'm hoping they'd bring back 12A red again in near future since I regret I did not get many other style of 12A at that time. ) I attached the tags for the reference and hope that helps :smile:

I see 17B has this very slightly undertone tiny bit of dark fuchsia or purplish dark magenta, or dark quinacridone magenta ( only if described by painting material, ) little bit more feminine red, and 12A has also bit more strong crisp Red by transparent effects from material of the caviar. They're definitely different shade in real life in my honest view, but again, as I said I think it doesn't really matter, either ones are very pretty indeed and stunning:heart: Most importantly how we love the Red and enjoy wearing our love of Chanel :girlsigh: And I am so grateful and delighted to meet such a lovely Chanel lover like you here :heart::hugs:
FullSizeRender.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.54.53 PM.png

Congratulation on your new addition!! Thanks soooo much for sharing this comparison photos!! WOW Your Red collection is TDF!! :loveeyes:
Thank you thank you so much for your time and effort, opening this thread!! This comparison really helps and meaning a lot to me. I am on waiting list for this 12B Red mini but it's long waiting anyway and I'd happily pass it since I've been really really wanting 00V Red for my red Chanel and mini size that what I've been after. :smile: My friend has 00V red WOC like yours and really adore hers and wanted for mini size myself :heart: I see 16SS is closer to 00V in pic, what do you think IRL? I might be not like others but I really like the color and crisp and cleaner shape of 16SS square chevron mini of yours. I hope to hunt down 16SS Red mini at preloved.
AND I really adore your 12A color too...:love:Just breathtaking and no words...I just die whenever see this color! She is just perfect classic Red flap:girlsigh:
I also remember your mod shot of your ivory mini and green lambskin mini at action thread before...Ohhh That green lambskin was so beautiful as well!! You really have an amazing collection!! :smile:

Hi LuvhandbagsLV :wave:Thank you so much! Aww...how sweet you remember my mod shots pics....:blush: Yes I love my green lamb mini so much which is actually i've never planned the green but it was love at first sight unexpectedly at the boutique that day....:rolleyes: ( I did not plan the ivory caviar & blue lamb square minis too ) ...so...who knows what happens...

Yes, 16SS and 00V both are indeed great Red:heart:
Honestly, my 16SS caviar mini's structure and leather quality is much better than my new 17B's. I own also 17C Black caviar rect mini, and to be frankly, also my 17C caviar leather and structure, clean shape, overall much better for the quality compare to my 17B caviar leather and quality in my honest view and opinion. ( I just couldn't resist my most weakness color Red...color addict lol :sweatdrop:
I attached the pic next each other for you ( photo is not perfect though ) hope that helps :smile:Hope you find your best Red that makes your happy:hugs:
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 7.27.18 PM.png
16SS Chevron caviar vs 00V WOC

Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW WOOOOWWW!!!!! I think i drooled the entire time reading and looking at your post.. and I read it multiple times!! THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH @shopgirl4cc for taking your time and being so thorough with your descriptions and photos for the pf family. I picked up my first red piece, the 17b mini and added it to my collection! I have a small collection.. but always knew I wanted my first (and last? hopefully not... black caviar chevron shw next and i promise no more!! lol) red to be a mini. I told my SA I wanted something like OOV red, not a red with an orange undertone or a pink undertone which is still lovely, but i knew what kind of red I wanted. The initial picture and description she said was a deep red, i saw photos and asked if i could race down to see it before saying yes/no. So glad I could see it as I know it is SO hard to capture red on camera. When she took the bag out for me to see, i gasped! It was such a beautifullllllll shade, so much brighter than the photos she took in the dark basement where she tried to sneak (this was before launch date lol). She said it's very similar red to OOV which she has not seen for a while and I was sooo curious about comparison so I reallyyyy appreciate this! I love that this shade has multiple personalities! It can be muted, darker, subtle and sexy for indoor and dimmer lighting and in the shining sun, outdoors it's a gorgeous gorgeous medium-bright red!!! :smile:

As I was reading the threads and information on reds, 12A seems to be the most popular "lipstick" red and It almost made think... hmmm did I make the right decision? is it too dark? But I'm glad to say, with all the reveals on here, seeing the different pics with different lighting, me taking it out to admire (have not used it yet but soon!) and now especially your comparison photos and descriptions, this 17B red, in my humble opinion is the next BEST thing to 12A.
I am soooooo happyyyy yayayayayayayayayyyy! (however my wallet is not hehhee) One more Chevron piece and I hope the Chanel bug goes awayyyyyyy help me hehe!!

Thank you again xoxo!!! :heart::nuts::smile:

WOW WOW WOW WOOOOWWW!!!!! I think i drooled the entire time reading and looking at your post.. and I read it multiple times!! THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH @shopgirl4cc for taking your time and being so thorough with your descriptions and photos for the pf family. I picked up my first red piece, the 17b mini and added it to my collection! I have a small collection.. but always knew I wanted my first (and last? hopefully not... black caviar chevron shw next and i promise no more!! lol) red to be a mini. I told my SA I wanted something like OOV red, not a red with an orange undertone or a pink undertone which is still lovely, but i knew what kind of red I wanted. The initial picture and description she said was a deep red, i saw photos and asked if i could race down to see it before saying yes/no. So glad I could see it as I know it is SO hard to capture red on camera. When she took the bag out for me to see, i gasped! It was such a beautifullllllll shade, so much brighter than the photos she took in the dark basement where she tried to sneak (this was before launch date lol). She said it's very similar red to OOV which she has not seen for a while and I was sooo curious about comparison so I reallyyyy appreciate this! I love that this shade has multiple personalities! It can be muted, darker, subtle and sexy for indoor and dimmer lighting and in the shining sun, outdoors it's a gorgeous gorgeous medium-bright red!!! :smile:

As I was reading the threads and information on reds, 12A seems to be the most popular "lipstick" red and It almost made think... hmmm did I make the right decision? is it too dark? But I'm glad to say, with all the reveals on here, seeing the different pics with different lighting, me taking it out to admire (have not used it yet but soon!) and now especially your comparison photos and descriptions, this 17B red, in my humble opinion is the next BEST thing to 12A.
I am soooooo happyyyy yayayayayayayayayyyy! (however my wallet is not hehhee) One more Chevron piece and I hope the Chanel bug goes awayyyyyyy help me hehe!!

Thank you again xoxo!!! :heart::nuts::smile:

Hi tndang! Big congratulation on your mini! :congrats: :drinks: Wow I am so happy to see your excitement that you've got your Red that makes you happy!! :tup:That's the bet purchase in Chanel that makes your heart beat. I can feel yours from your writing. :hbeat::heart::heart::heart:
Thanks so much for your sweet words :smooch: I am really glad that helps and It's my pleasure :hugs:
Oh I know.....we've gotten bitten by Chanel bug, and this bug has this chronic poisons its called addiction....then addiction + obsession + passion = collection :biggrin:

Wow oh wow oh wow - OUTSTANDING!!!!! :dothewave: :tup:
This thread is so awesome that I have to open up the "smilies" page on the "help" tab to make sure that I have enough emoticons to properly convey my appreciation! :ghi5: :goodpost:
This is the best comparison EVER! thank you for so carefully comparing the colors, leather texture, shine, everything!
First of all, like you, I like them ALL! hahahaha I like variety!!! it would be so boring otherwise and probably Chanel then can't hold my interest!
I can see though how if one knows and wants only 1 Chanel red, then there is the desire to exhaustively ensure it's the red that in their mind is the best - and we all know there's a lot of hype created for "true" red. I honesty think we all use the term but the word "true" here is so subjective. :lol: But it's all good. The truth is, they're all gorgeous but since so much hype's been created over the popular bluish red, there's certainly lots of folks looking for the elusive "true red" as a result (or what majority decides is a "true" red). I think the fire of the red color brings out the passion in us Chanel fans too! :P Your comparison is so very helpful! I'm sure it helped many at least find out more about what shades of red(s) they personally prefer. This thread needs to win a most helpful Chanel thread of the year award. :tup:

Honestly, Chanel makes such great vibrant saturated colors in their bags, it's real dangerous for a person like me who loves ALL colors. However, even I have my favorites in Blue, Red, and Pink. As such, I've thus far "had to" buy many shades of blue, pink and red to date because they are all gorgeous but different shads of these 3 colors. I don't regret them because I feel these 3 colors are IMO the most versatile colors outside of black where I find so very easy to match 90% plus of any outfits/styles/color combo. They are the kind of colors where I find no matter what style or outfit colors I am wearing, a chanel bag in those 3 colors no matter what shade of the color would go well with.

I love this 17B mini for its chameleon nature (and love both extreme shades of the colors that it produces - a rich dark red or a bright red under sunlight). This bag satisfied my craving for a classic red (I agree with you that this red is the closest I've seen to OOV). I like the soft glow of the caviar also - while I ALSO love the slick shiny red texture of your other caviar reds too shown in photos. They are simply different and honestly I can't choose a favorite. One is soft feminine, classy and demure, while the other (shiny) is just simply hot. Ideally I want both, therefore can't settle for just one shade of red.

I love my Chanel Lion chevron single flap's red for it's bright fire hydrant red (it's like the sexiest Chanel red I have :loveeyes:), love my M/L lamb raspberry red for its youthful fun, vibrant and bright cheery red, and I love my 17B dark red for
exactly the same reason you quoted: it's like a darker version of the OOV (which has always to me been the most classic red), and because it's got this soft feminine and almost "effortless" quality to it (yes i'm nuts) while having a very saturated shade. I think it's the most versatile of my reds so far actually. Especially because it checked all boxes of what I don't have yet in the previous more dressed up reds (in M/L with dressier light gold hardware and in slightly larger than M/L with silver hardware; and both in lamb). This 17B is in caviar plus silver hardware.

Congrats on getting yet another red beauty to your collection!

Thanks soooo much for your sweetest words and great writing Vanana!! :smooch: :heart: I am overwhelmed :faint::lol: I love your emoji and sense of humor :giggle:and really love your passion for Chanel the mostl!! :heart::ghi5: my Chanel friend!! :hugs:I know you're a true Chanel lover and your collection is beyond amazing :yes: You know, how I am so grateful and delighted to meet such a lovely Chanel lover like you here :drinkup:
Cheers ~ à votre santé & kanpai ;) :drinks::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Last edited: