Reveal 17B Red Mini & Bonus Photos of Requested Comparison with Chanel Red 00V, 12A, 14C, 16SS :)

Hi Dear Chanel lovers ~ :wave:
So first I’d like to say, Congratulation to the ladies who’ve gotten your beautiful 17B minis with your heart beats!!! :heart::hbeat: :congrats: :dothewave: I am really so happy for you all and excited to see your excitement! :smile: I saw Fall Act 1 thread, Wow It’s on fire and so fast paced that i cannot catch up all the posts :cray: I’m always impressed by those ladies' passions for Chanel and supports each other like that :tup: I love Purse Forum for this reason :smile:
Fall Act 1 posts inspired me to check out 17B Red in person. I just received the mini on Thursday night since I've been busy and missed the package on Wednesday and finally took photos today.
Many ladies asked me some requests for comparison and review especially with 00V and 12A. I know there's many fans of these and passions on shades of Reds. Even though I felt little pressure since I'm just being busy ( or called lazy lol ) and not good with organizing threads in general, I decided to open an thread for ladies rather than replying to each PM. My photo is not perfect but tried my best - Hope these helps for ladies to enjoy viewing :flowers:
First I'd like you to know this is just reference of comparison to help you to enjoy. Each shade is just personal preferences in the end as you know and It doesn't really matter where True Red or Not, so let's not use the word here for avoid confusion... :smile: Most important..how we love and enjoy wearing them ;)

Thanks for letting me share here my review and humble red collection with passion :smile:
Dear Chanel friends and lovelies ~ :heart: I hope all of you enjoy your beautiful Chanel whether Red or Black, other colors, most importantly with your heart beats. Life is short, lets enjoy what we have and our love of Chanel.....:winkiss: :wave:

View attachment 3772292
View attachment 3772293
17B is indeed beautiful Red. No wonder many ladies fall in love with this 17B Red. She is slightly darker in shade and soft rounded in shape also a cutie and definetely a keeper :smile:
Feels lucky to welcome her into my humble Red collection I often reach my Red Chanel myself and love wearing Red purse often, so actually not as "collection" I can see I will enjoy this wearable mini that will be easily match with any dairy outfits.
:rolleyes:There is so many beautiful Reds exist at least in the past 10 years as I know. I only own these 4 Reds currently to compare.
However, since people asked my opinion and review, I try my best and here is honest view. Hope this helps -
While right next each other, 17B is clearly little darker red in them, which means easy to wear all year around especially in fall and winter. It's slightly darker than 00V in real life. Looking at 00V as center in all 5, 17B is dark red, 14C has clearly orange undertone, 16SS has tint of orange undertone, 12A is the one often called "lipstick" has tint of blue undertone.

All is natural day light in the noon, no flash. These photos are the closest to real life and the best i could.
View attachment 3772297

From the left to the right
Top - 16SS Square Chevron mini, 14C Rect mini
Middle - 17B Rect mini, 00V WOC
Bottom 12A M/L Classic flap
All is caviar with silver hardware
View attachment 3772308
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 00V WOC
View attachment 3772310
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 12A
View attachment 3772314
Top left 17B, Bottom left 14C, Right 16SS

View attachment 3772300
OOV WOC front / 17B back

Both are beautiful red indeed :smile: However, I noticed the difference - 17B has slightly muted or soft matte dark red look like on its texture in real life. It's hard to describe. Just example, if you're familiar with description of color of artist oil painting materials; when you buy painting material, there's difference between transparent or matte. It remind me of somethings like that.
From real life of each and you could also see from the photos clearly that 12A has indeed richer color looks or could be described as transparent Red that's what 12A caviar has. I can see these effect comes from differences of textures of caviar leather. Photos can tells all more than my review :smile:
View attachment 3772318
Phenomenal red collection! Congrats on your new 17B acquisition! ❤️ ❤️❤️ Thank you for thoughtful post and pics!

Thank you so much for posting your AMAZING red collection!! I adore Chanel and joined here recently. I bought my dream bag classic medium black caviar gold hardware and I was satisfied but I'm obsessed now! lol Chanel is dangerously addictive. I want to buy 2nd one and red Chanel. I wish to find red medium size classic flap like yours. Your comparison is so helpful! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful red family! :smile:

What beautiful photos and great comparison!! Thanks so much for taking your time to make this thread, my beautiful friend! You're such a humble and the sweetest!! You're the best and Red Chanel queen for sure!! I love all of your Reds collection!!

Congratulation on your new addition 17b mini!! I am honor to inform that we are 2 bag twins again on 17b & 14c!! :smile:
I just picked up my reserved 17b red mini from NM today. It's certainly darker red IRL than I imagined. You did amazing job, your pics shows just like real life!

PS; Here is mine and would like to add my pic to share if you don't mind :smile:
My pic is not pretty as yours, but I agree It is definitely darker shade unless use the strong flash light. I usually disagree with Chanel's description on color but this one "dark red" is correct this time.
I took this pic in natural day light today. Left is 17b and right is 14c. Thanks for letting me allow to share here :smile:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 7.51.14 PM.jpg
    FullSizeRender 7.51.14 PM.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Much appreciated. Since my chain is twisted and a little shorter than I expected, (although I love this red so much but I am afraid that I can not wear it with anything since it's red), I am thinking about exchange it for a tote to get more use out and more money worth out of it; however, after reading your review, I might just keep it after all lol.

I adore your red collection. :love::loveeyes::wave::girlsigh::drinks:

Thank you so much Daisy! I am so sorry to hear that your mini chain was twisted! That's awful! I would get disappointed too :console: Chanel should make more strict quality controls. Sadly recent quality definitely getting down....
I think red is great pop of the color and hope you can enjoy wearing it :smile: but tote sounds awesome for dairy use too. let is know how you ended with. I hope you can make your happier decision! :hugs: