how to wear your chanel jacket...

I also wear leather skirts to work, but the high shine of this one struck me as better suited for a night out. Unless you ladies work in a less stuffy/conservative environment than I do, which isn't really hard to beat [emoji23] I wish I worked somewhere where the shiny leather skirt/fringe jacket outfit would be appropriate because it is amazing.!

I could definitely get away with that outfit in my work environment but I hear you. My past jobs were a bit more stuffy.

Reactions: cafecreme15

I love reading the posts on this thread altho I don't think I've posted on this thread yet myself

I'm actually the one tho who was at the styling session earlier today. I find myself tempted in particular by the short black jacket and the little black dress and trying to choose btw them.

Cost wise the dress is actually around $1k more than the jacket which is approx US 3,800 here. I was a little surprised by this but I think it's coz of the detailing.

Since I only started with Chanel RTW last year (first was the Paris in Rome lbj), I would love some advice as to which piece you'd choose for slowly building up a chanel wardrobe in the long run or just maybe suits me better?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3031.JPG
    IMG_3031.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 497
I love reading the posts on this thread altho I don't think I've posted on this thread yet myself

I'm actually the one tho who was at the styling session earlier today. I find myself tempted in particular by the short black jacket and the little black dress and trying to choose btw them.

Cost wise the dress is actually around $1k more than the jacket which is approx US 3,800 here. I was a little surprised by this but I think it's coz of the detailing.

Since I only started with Chanel RTW last year (first was the Paris in Rome lbj), I would love some advice as to which piece you'd choose for slowly building up a chanel wardrobe in the long run or just maybe suits me better?

Thanks

Both pieces look great on you but I suppose it depends on your life style. The jacket to me is more versatile and can be styled in so many ways. It is a true classic!

Reactions: Meta and lulilu
Slightly unrelated, but I've always been curious what fields everyone works in since I'm so interested in the cultural differences and what makes an outfit ok in one enrichment and not in another.

I work in medicine and exclusively in a hospital. It can be dicey to wear chanel there only cos of the risk of getting the clothes dirty. I always wear a white coat over. Other than open toe other than a peek toe and scrubs on the weekend other things are allowed. I generally don't wear the jackets to work.

I was sweating wearing that cream skirt to work ! Lol.

I work in medicine and exclusively in a hospital. It can be dicey to wear chanel there only cos of the risk of getting the clothes dirty. I always wear a white coat over. Other than open toe other than a peek toe and scrubs on the weekend other things are allowed. I generally don't wear the jackets to work.

I was sweating wearing that cream skirt to work ! Lol.
You are much braver than I wearing that cream skirt! I'd be too scared to wear that to my desk job because I am generally a walking trainwreck and consider it a miracle if I can stay clean for one whole day!

Haha. My SA always laughs about how I wear my chanel clothes to work. I spend half my days there. Why not [emoji28]

Might have trouble justifying those cute sparkly boots from fall out there though [emoji33][emoji848]

Haha. My SA always laughs about how I wear my chanel clothes to work. I spend half my days there. Why not [emoji28]

Might have trouble justifying those cute sparkly boots from fall out there though [emoji33][emoji848]

Haha I'm with you! I buy my clothes to enjoy them and won't get to do that if I can't wear them most days when I am working. It sounds silly, but I think I am more productive when I like my outfits [emoji23]

Reactions: EmileH

Thanks

Gosh, they both look incredible on you. Since you already have a black jacket I vote to get the dress and stalk that jacket in case it eventually goes on sale.

Reactions: nicole0612

Thanks
Just to clarify, is this jacket $3,800 USD or is that the cost of the dress?

Oh, yes! I tried it on and it's fantastic!, unfortunately just before that I bought the same in black. the fabric is a bit rough, but not itchy, even with my sunburn at that point. If I hadn't bought tha black the day before /from another boutique/ I would have bought this one as I liked the colors and the spakles. it can be worn backwards and with the pockets in the back. I'll see if I can find some pictures of mine.
I tried the coat too and it looks great on, if you have cooler summers and long spring and fall it would be used the most.
Yes my velcro is black with navy trim. the navy is beautiful.

Thank you Ari, that is so helpful and gives me hope. I do not think my skin is excessively sensitive. Maybe I will just take an Advil prior to going to the shop haha :smile:
Your black version of the reversible jacket/top looks really great! Even the multicolor one I think could match almost anything since the colors are neutral. I am in a phase right now where I like mixing patterns a little bit as long as they are very subtle.
My climate is not very cool, but it is not very warm either, a coastal climate. 55-65 degrees 9 months of the year! I am starting to have very high hopes for this long jacket!

Nicole, I tried the longer jacket. I think it was lined. I was able to go down a size bc it's a bit boxier fit. It was very lightweight.

I love that backwards top ! It's unfortunate it's unlined. It looks like my little data center tank could be worn underneath ... but it would not help the arms. Just a thought :smile:.

Thank you! I think the long jacket will be the one for me if the backwards top is too irritating. I'm actually really hopeful because I don't have any long Chanel jackets, and it's such a cute look with either a dress or pants.