how to wear your chanel jacket...

Slightly unrelated, but I've always been curious what fields everyone works in since I'm so interested in the cultural differences and what makes an outfit ok in one environment and not in another.
I'm in education in an informal part of the country, so I can wear pretty much whatever I want, provided it isn't sexy or overly formal. That said, I think it's important to observe what your respected colleagues are wearing as a guidepost, and not depart too dramatically from the prevailing look.

I was wearing my Caban today, and a woman complimented me and asked me if someone made it for me. I wanted to say, "yes, Karl did!" But it would have been lost on her. Not a lot of fashion awareness in my area.

Attachments

• IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 425
I'm in education in an informal part of the country, so I can wear pretty much whatever I want, provided it isn't sexy or overly formal. That said, I think it's important to observe what your respected colleagues are wearing as a guidepost, and not depart too dramatically from the prevailing look.

I was wearing my Caban today, and a woman complimented me and asked me if someone made it for me. I wanted to say, "yes, Karl did!" But it would have been lost on her. Not a lot of fashion awareness in my area.

The caban looks great on you! And of course, this is ultimately why I decided to skip the pink Cuba jacket and keep looking/waiting for a more subdued, classic jacket. I'm in a city with a lot of fashion awareness, unfortunately for me just not my particular office haha

Both the short jacket and dress look wonderful on you! One more vote for the dress. It's my own small concern and would love people with more experiences to chime in here. Do the plastic buttons on the jacket @win28 try on stay pretty overtime? Will they get all scratched up after dry cleaning? Thank you!

I love reading the posts on this thread altho I don't think I've posted on this thread yet myself

I'm actually the one tho who was at the styling session earlier today. I find myself tempted in particular by the short black jacket and the little black dress and trying to choose btw them.

Cost wise the dress is actually around $1k more than the jacket which is approx US 3,800 here. I was a little surprised by this but I think it's coz of the detailing.

Since I only started with Chanel RTW last year (first was the Paris in Rome lbj), I would love some advice as to which piece you'd choose for slowly building up a chanel wardrobe in the long run or just maybe suits me better?

Thanks

Ooh tough one. This fit is very different from the Paris in Rome LBJ, and it's a classic style so you might run a risk waiting for sales. I personally think this is an entirely different cut from the PiR LBJ so you'd have different uses for it. This one will probably go well over dresses because it's shorter. The dress however I think is more likely to make sale - at least my experience has been unless it's a very wearable piece, dresses like this won't go fast. So my vote is to go for the jacket and wait on the dress. Sorry if that's not helping things!

I found this skirt
View attachment 3745740
View attachment 3745741
I wonder if it would be too sexy on me, the lady was very thin and small. I'm much bigger girl. If I don't but the fringe jacket I think it will go well both with the cream and black Cosmopolite jackets [emoji15]

Totally think you could pull this off.
This skirt falls in that range of being confident enough to try something new- you have so much already that could work with this skirt - it is not too short and a classic shape and fit.
Your could tone it down with conservative items for day
Would look amazing with your black sweater with the bows !

Haha. My SA always laughs about how I wear my chanel clothes to work. I spend half my days there. Why not [emoji28]

Might have trouble justifying those cute sparkly boots from fall out there though [emoji33][emoji848]

We pay enough for them, they should be used! I agree, why not! [emoji6]

I'm in medicine as well but don't use a white coat, but I do wear a lot of blazers and jackets as my office is often cold. I don't want to get vomit or drool on them so my jackets often stay on the back of my chair. But I will still wear dresses or skirts. I tend to wear more subtle styles that don't scream Chanel. Definitely no sparkly boots for me either!

I love reading the posts on this thread altho I don't think I've posted on this thread yet myself

I'm actually the one tho who was at the styling session earlier today. I find myself tempted in particular by the short black jacket and the little black dress and trying to choose btw them.

Cost wise the dress is actually around $1k more than the jacket which is approx US 3,800 here. I was a little surprised by this but I think it's coz of the detailing.

Since I only started with Chanel RTW last year (first was the Paris in Rome lbj), I would love some advice as to which piece you'd choose for slowly building up a chanel wardrobe in the long run or just maybe suits me better?

Thanks

I'm so happy you popped in here- hope you don't mind that I posted your beautiful pictures
Everything you tried looks wonderful on you but seriously that dress is devine.
The jacket you may wear more-
It's going to come down to practical and classic =black jacket- you will wear it a ton and it can be styled so many ways
And spectacular dress
I think the dress will more likely make it to sale
Black Classic Chanel jackets rarely make it to sale -

Thank you PQP, I don't wear it enough, it looked quite formal, but now I I've learned to dress it down. Today I imitated you subconsciously
The double zipper skirt with the Velcro jacket
View attachment 3745337

TT, I love all of the brooches. I like the best the double brooch, for special occasions the necklace is perfect. I also love the tassel brooch. This collection is opulent so Jewellery is not too much!

I love the pillow bag! And saw it in person next to the jacket- gorgeous! And you can wear the brooches on it! Of course the jacket, shawl, jeans with this bag would be perfect too!
For some reason I don't like white or cream with red, too predictable - it just my personal view.

Just perfect!

Gorgeous!

Too much with this jacket!

He does look great, I wonder what size he got.

Congrats Pigleto! It looks perfect, although you can carry well the 38 fro more fitted look. And yes your Cuba shorts would be perfect. I have the same long pants and the color goes perfectly with the jacket!

Which jacket are you talking about? I got lost[emoji38]

Had a big day at Chanel today - a magical day actually
But first Ari took these photos for you of the pillowbag in black
It's the same material as a few of the jackets IMG_1498620197.922330.jpgIMG_1498620226.681226.jpgIMG_1498620241.955511.jpg