MJ Chat Thread

They are gorgeous! So glad they fit, I think you'll get a lot of use out of them! I love that they can be dressed up or dressed down. Did you end up getting the skirt? :graucho:

Thanks, Elaine! Not yet; looks like there are 3 left in my size. Will wait just a little longer to see if there is another price reduction. [emoji6]

is anyone still using their regular size stams?

i took out my Fluo Pink stam today and i was wearing Versace sunnies, and i just thought, god, i look so 2008 right now...

maybe i'm just in a mood (me? never!), but mine are looking dated to me. i only have a Firebird and a Fluo Pink left and maybe that's why - they're not exactly 'classic' styles. i still like my little stams, but they're python embossed Stardust stams and a little less flashy than the Firebird and Fluo.

i'm conflicted over selling them because i would probably never find them again, and maybe i'll feel differently a year from now or something. they just don't feel very 'me' anymore.

is anyone still using their regular size stams?

i took out my Fluo Pink stam today and i was wearing Versace sunnies, and i just thought, god, i look so 2008 right now...

maybe i'm just in a mood (me? never!), but mine are looking dated to me. i only have a Firebird and a Fluo Pink left and maybe that's why - they're not exactly 'classic' styles. i still like my little stams, but they're python embossed Stardust stams and a little less flashy than the Firebird and Fluo.

i'm conflicted over selling them because i would probably never find them again, and maybe i'll feel differently a year from now or something. they just don't feel very 'me' anymore.

As much as I wanted a full size Stam or little Stam, Faith, I never bought one. I would look at the photos of @Nascar's collection and drool, but being a bargain hunter at heart at that time and now; I just never pulled the trigger.

Now that I can find one fairly easily, at a good price, I am not lusting over one anymore.

I had 2 vintage Coach bags, made in Italy, that I thought I would never sell. I kept the color that is more rare, and sold the other one at a good price. I am pretty certain that I will never be able to get another one in the pristine condition that mine was in, but I was really ready to sell it and don't regret it.

I would probably wait for now, until you are more certain than not that you are ready to sell one or both.

Sadly, my MJ, MbMJ collection has been condensed quite significantly. In my experience the MbMJ bags still sell reasonably well.

There actually are some new MJ styles that I like now. Knowing that I probably will not want to keep them that long, and that the resale may not be great; I definitely press pause.

Last edited:
Although I am not buying many MJ bags right now, I like his shoes and I am seeing some of his past season rtw pieces at reduced prices.
IMG_1498044393.036893.jpg
In addition to the skirt, I am stalking this dress too. It's still a bit pricey for a dress I won't wear much; I would buy it to wear to a wedding.

I may miss out on both, as I am really trying to keep within a budget I determined at the beginning of the year.

As much as I wanted a full size Stam or little Stam, Faith, I never bought one. I would look at the photos of @Nascar's collection and drool, but being a bargain hunter at heart at that time and now; I just never pulled the trigger.

Now that I can find one fairly easily, at a good price, I am not lusting over one anymore.

I had 2 vintage Coach bags, made in Italy, that I thought I would never sell. I kept the color that is more rare, and sold the other one at a good price. I am pretty certain that I will never be able to get another one in the pristine condition that mine was in, but I was really ready to sell it and don't regret it.

I would probably wait for now, until you are more certain than not that you are ready to sell one or both.

Sadly, my MJ, MbMJ collection has been condensed quite significantly. In my experience the MbMJ bags still sell reasonably well.

There actually are some new MJ styles that I like now. Knowing that I probably will not want to keep them that long, and that the resale may not be great; I definitely press pause.
Yeah, I've always bought bags knowing I'll probably tire of them quickly and sell them. At least I buy very very cheap and have never lost money on anything.

I've sold many bags over the years and only regret parting with one (I'm very sorry, python venetia) so I don't know why I'm constantly overthinking everything. That was brave of you to sell a vintage Coach you knew you would probably never find again - crossing out my melodramatic 'I would never find it again', *I could eventually probably find a MJ if I regretted selling it; it might just take awhile.

*Except this python Venetia.

Dammit.

001.JPG

Although I am not buying many MJ bags right now, I like his shoes and I am seeing some of his past season rtw pieces at reduced prices.
View attachment 3738393
In addition to the skirt, I am stalking this dress too. It's still a bit pricey for a dress I won't wear much; I would buy it to wear to a wedding.

I may miss out on both, as I am really trying to keep within a budget I determined at the beginning of the year.
That's a beautiful dress! I love MJ dresses but they never seem to fit me right.

Totally random pop in here - but I'm watching the netflix series Sense8 and Marc Jacobs just made a cameo on the show. :heart: He's so freaking adorable.
I haven't seen this show.
Yeah, I've always bought bags knowing I'll probably tire of them quickly and sell them. At least I buy very very cheap and have never lost money on anything.

I've sold many bags over the years and only regret parting with one (I'm very sorry, python venetia) so I don't know why I'm constantly overthinking everything. That was brave of you to sell a vintage Coach you knew you would probably never find again - crossing out my melodramatic 'I would never find it again', *I could eventually probably find a MJ if I regretted selling it; it might just take awhile.

*Except this python Venetia.

Dammit.

View attachment 3739305
I guess you could plead temporary insanity; that is one gorgeous bag, faith!! Oops, guess that doesn't help, "meh". [emoji6]
blink twice if you're being held against your will
[emoji848]
That's a beautiful dress! I love MJ dresses but they never seem to fit me right.
Honestly, I have only purchased separates. I would buy this one from a store that I could return it to, if it didn't fit well.

I haven't seen this show.

I guess you could plead temporary insanity; that is one gorgeous bag, faith!! Oops, guess that doesn't help, "meh". [emoji6]

[emoji848]

Honestly, I have only purchased separates. I would buy this one from a store that I could return it to, if it didn't fit well.
In all fairness to Dawn, I only saw the first episode of sense8. That was enough for me :P

One reason I sold it is because it had visible yellow glue marks and that bothered me. But I only paid $135 NWT and it retailed for $2895, so I should have gotten over it.

The dress is at NR, returnable in store or by mail

In all fairness to Dawn, I only saw the first episode of sense8. That was enough for me :P

One reason I sold it is because it had visible yellow glue marks and that bothered me. But I only paid $135 NWT and it retailed for $2895, so I should have gotten over it.

The dress is at NR, returnable in store or by mail
That was definitely a great deal on that bag, Faith.

Yup, that's where I am looking at the dress. I was trying not to post it, as there is only one left. They recommend sizing down though, so it may not fit. If someone else buys it, it will be better for my budget.