Chic ways to wear Birkenstocks

@gymangel812

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! I wore mine for the first time today and had them on for a couple hours. One foot was great and I only felt some slight discomfort in the other one. I'm hoping it just needs some breaking in. My only other pair of birks are 2 year old gizeh, and they required a short break-in period too.

I think you could definitely wear these to a wedding because you just had surgery and your health comes first. I wouldn't wear them with socks either. Just keep it bandaged and then have a pedicure on all the other toes [emoji6]
I hope your tor heals quickly and have fun at the wedding! [emoji4]

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to having a great time. :happydance:

Arizona is versatile, great choice. I'd love to try Zurich if I can find the color I want.

I haven't seen the Zurich around much. Has it been discontinued? They appear to be available in only red, tan and blue. On my feet they looked like retirement home slippers. And they weren't as adjustable as the regular Birkis. Comfort-wise they were just o.k., and for $150 plus tax (nearly $160 here) just o.k. wasn't good enough. The sales person claimed that the soles of the Zurich are the same as the traditional Birki. But my feet didn't settle into them with that feeling of "ooh, these are comfy" that they do with regular Birkis, although they probably just needed to be broken in.

I have the ones on the bottom. I bought them last year from Complete Birkenstock, which Tulipfield linked to above. They are legit.

Thanks ladies- I did see them on complete Birkenstock, I was just hoping for a lower price :smile: I got the ivory ones from Nordstrom Rack for $169 and am thinking I'd prefer the blue, but I don't really want to pay $289 for them. Ebay has every size BUT 39!!
Do you both like them? Do you find that you wear them often? Thanks!

I love them. It's a deep enough blue to pass for black if you want. I wear them with black, white, blue, gray, olive green, and jeans. When I searched for them last year, they had already sold out at Barneys, and Complete Birkenstock was the only place I found that color.

Thanks ladies- I did see them on complete Birkenstock, I was just hoping for a lower price :smile: I got the ivory ones from Nordstrom Rack for $169 and am thinking I'd prefer the blue, but I don't really want to pay $289 for them. Ebay has every size BUT 39!!

I didn't ever buy these. I have another pair that are a similar color scheme and I wear them quite often. I know the price stings but at least they're not full-price anymore. O.o

Reactions: Mariapia