ID This Coach item! -- Post any Coach item name questions here! --

No clue if i'm posting in the right spot, but i have a Coach bag I was going to sell, and can't figure out for the life of me what the model is. The stamp is F1120-17018 and i've attached a picture. If anyone has a clue, i'm in your debt! And the picture is too big so i can't upload it... it's burgandy with a drawstring top, the brass coach carriage logo and a side cell phone zipper pocket.

No clue if i'm posting in the right spot, but i have a Coach bag I was going to sell, and can't figure out for the life of me what the model is. The stamp is F1120-17018 and i've attached a picture. If anyone has a clue, i'm in your debt! And the picture is too big so i can't upload it... it's burgandy with a drawstring top, the brass coach carriage logo and a side cell phone zipper pocket.
Are you sure you copied the number down correctly? I'm not finding anything with that number. Pictures are necessary. You might have to upload your pictures to a photo sharing site.

This isn't a Coach, right?
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/172722463739

The proportions of the creed and serial number aren't right, the backs of the turnlocks aren't right either, they should have 4 simple prongs if it was made before 1996 or the rounded rectangular turnlocks if it was made after since it would be classified as a briefcase based on the size. The untrimmed flap edges aren't right, the leather looks thin and cheap and shows sharp lines instead of smooth curves where it bends, the font of the Coach stamp on the front is what's being used in current bag styles and only goes back a few years. It wouldn't have been found on anything even close to vintage.

Here's the best pic I can get of the creed and serial number, see how small the Coach logo is compared to how much larger it is in all genuine bags and briefcases.

2017_june-11_liamcronan-a.jpg

Attachments

• 2017_june-11_liamcronan-b.jpg
    2017_june-11_liamcronan-b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
The proportions of the creed and serial number aren't right, the backs of the turnlocks aren't right either, they should have 4 simple prongs if it was made before 1996 or the rounded rectangular turnlocks if it was made after since it would be classified as a briefcase based on the size. The untrimmed flap edges aren't right, the leather looks thin and cheap and shows sharp lines instead of smooth curves where it bends, the font of the Coach stamp on the front is what's being used in current bag styles and only goes back a few years. It wouldn't have been found on anything even close to vintage.

Here's the best pic I can get of the creed and serial number, see how small the Coach logo is compared to how much larger it is in all genuine bags and briefcases.

View attachment 3727631
Thank you for confirming my guess! Never ran into a fake like this one! It's not even trying to copy anything COACH made, is it?

Hi all, I'd appreciate some help with an ID on this bag. It's my mother-in-law's and she insists that it's a Bonnie. I have just always considered this style a small brief.. am I wrong? Is there an official name for this bag? It measures 13 inches wide by 6 1/2 inches tall by 1 1/2 inches deep. It also has a long strap not in photos. Thanks in advance

IMG_1497202428.095531.jpgIMG_1497202440.086961.jpg

Hi all, I'd appreciate some help with an ID on this bag. It's my mother-in-law's and she insists that it's a Bonnie. I have just always considered this style a small brief.. am I wrong? Is there an official name for this bag? It measures 13 inches wide by 6 1/2 inches tall by 1 1/2 inches deep. It also has a long strap not in photos. Thanks in advance

View attachment 3727840View attachment 3727841

It was called a handle clutch or a slim satchel compact. The style number is 9425. It was produced probably around 1980, years after Bonnie Cashin left Coach. It never came with a long strap.

Reactions: katev
Does anyone know what Coach's color code CMD means? I am currently carrying my huge (but much loved!) Bleecker Preston bag with silver hardware and sunglow and white stripes. The Coach product code is 30173 SV CMD. I bought it in late summer 2015 but it was released in Spring or Summer 2014. I'm just curious about the translation for CMD - thanks!

30173_svcmd_a0.jpg

Reactions: K.E.W.