Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

Pegase - thank you so much. This is really helpful. I'm amazed at these transformations. Everything looks deliciously bluey/purpley, but you used mostly olive and grey dyes. May I ask, what is your advice for bright emerald green that has a lot of white?

Wow, you got some amazing results, Pegase! Every single one came out better than the original imo! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. How did you choose the DD color? Did the Hermesmatic folks help or were you sure of your colors going in?
well... my own personal impresion was that the folks working there were no experts... thre were one or two SA from the local shop, but even they will not give specific information... like I wrote a few days ago, no one knows what the results are going to be like! and u know, they dont want to be held responsible for any unsatisfactions... so the practically stay out of any descicion making! however they do have samples scarfes in the different dyes for you to see as a help for making the descision...

Reactions: prepster
Pegase - thank you so much. This is really helpful. I'm amazed at these transformations. Everything looks deliciously bluey/purpley, but you used mostly olive and grey dyes. May I ask, what is your advice for bright emerald green that has a lot of white?
Its difficult to say since I;
a. I dont know what you are going for... ;) If your scarf has whites and brights, of course you have a broader choice of colros to chose from! even pink might work well with that! but what would u rather end up with? a bright scarf or a darker one... ? a gentel dye of a more.. dramatic one?
b. Some colors will/might react different than others! like on the Tahiti... greens and blues got "swallod" by the Olive/Teal dye... but the yellow/green got more radiance and now stand out more than before!... I was not expecting this, since I thought the brighter color would get the most dye and darken... but it was completly the oposite!... again, who would've known...

I hope some of you might be able to give me your thoughts about a scarf I intend to bring to the event in NYC. I am bringing my very first 90. My DH bought it for me as a souvenir when he was returning from at trip in the airport. I'm quite sure he asked the SA for something that will match everything. So he presented me with an Eperon d'Or in taupe, gray and cream. Lovely scarf but seldom used since I am someone who prefers saturated colors. Since I would love to wear my very first, a DD might give it new life. I would be grateful for any ideas on what colors might make this one less "drab". I prefer blues and pinks but am open to anything which might give this treasure some vibrancy. Thanks you for your time.

I hope some of you might be able to give me your thoughts about a scarf I intend to bring to the event in NYC. I am bringing my very first 90. My DH bought it for me as a souvenir when he was returning from at trip in the airport. I'm quite sure he asked the SA for something that will match everything. So he presented me with an Eperon d'Or in taupe, gray and cream. Lovely scarf but seldom used since I am someone who prefers saturated colors. Since I would love to wear my very first, a DD might give it new life. I would be grateful for any ideas on what colors might make this one less "drab". I prefer blues and pinks but am open to anything which might give this treasure some vibrancy. Thanks you for your time.
I am completely baffled by the color transformations, and I have a similarly colored scarf to try. However, I will say that I think Eperon d'Or is the perfect design. I was thinking of buying one on the Bay just to dipdye!!

I am completely baffled by the color transformations, and I have a similarly colored scarf to try. However, I will say that I think Eperon d'Or is the perfect design. I was thinking of buying one on the Bay just to dipdye!!

I totally agree. I thought the concept seemed like fun when I read about but didn't think I had anything dip dyeable . Then I remembered the abandoned first and thought that Eperon is perfect. I don't have any experience though. I don't gravitate toward muddied or grayed colors so I am lost to how the dye translates when I am starting with taupe and grays. The two main background colors are not only close in color but also very similar in value. I don't own any dd so it's worth a gamble if the store is not insanely busy! It would be really great if I went in knowing what color choices are the best for me.

Hello Scarfies!
Today is a holiday here, I am making the most out of it and finally got those pics shot! But, let me tell you, the actual hue of the dip dye colors is pretty hard to catch on pictures... but here are my best results;
lets sart wit this vintage TAHITI
Original Colors: White -Off White back ground with blue and green motives
DD Color ordered: Olive
Result: Even if the pics dont show it... the actual color of the dip dye is actually teal!

View attachment 3720770 View attachment 3720771 View attachment 3720772
This result is sensational! Who would have guessed this would be the outcome. LOVE IT!

I totally agree. I thought the concept seemed like fun when I read about but didn't think I had anything dip dyeable . Then I remembered the abandoned first and thought that Eperon is perfect. I don't have any experience though. I don't gravitate toward muddied or grayed colors so I am lost to how the dye translates when I am starting with taupe and grays. The two main background colors are not only close in color but also very similar in value. I don't own any dd so it's worth a gamble if the store is not insanely busy! It would be really great if I went in knowing what color choices are the best for me.
I am going to bring three different scarves and hope that someone there can advise. I have two dipdyes and have been studying pictures of others to see what sorts of designs work best (I imagine high-def, and not too many small elements), but without knowing before and after colors I am lost! LOL.

Hello Scarfies!
Today is a holiday here, I am making the most out of it and finally got those pics shot! But, let me tell you, the actual hue of the dip dye colors is pretty hard to catch on pictures... but here are my best results;
lets sart wit this vintage TAHITI
Original Colors: White -Off White back ground with blue and green motives
Result: Even if the pics dont show it... the actual color of the dip dye is actually teal!

View attachment 3720770 View attachment 3720771 View attachment 3720772

Pegase, sending many thanks for posting photos of all your creations, and for giving us all the details about each! All really gorgeous, you must be thrilled! :smile: The results you got from the dyes you chose are so unexpected, and so beautiful.

finally...
Couvertures et Tenues...
Original CW: soft baby pastels... yellow and green
Result: like on the Tahihi, the actual color here is teal! but it was very hard to photograph... an aditional surprise here, was that the Blanc de Chine did not quite absorved the dye and it stayed almost white!
View attachment 3720812 View attachment 3720813 View attachment 3720814

Interesting! I wonder if the white parts had a color resist on them-- a wax or blocking agent of some sort--left over from when it was originally created, to keep the white parts white. You are so brave! Your scarves are marvelous.

Based on the results Pegase posted, maybe the olive?

Reactions: momasaurus
Thank you so much Prepster and Momasaurus for your suggestions. In my mind it seems counterintuitive to use olive since it seems more "drab" vs bright. But I would be happy with the lovely teal that Pegase achieved with her light scarf. Based on what has been written on this thread, the associates working in the pop-up don't offer much guidance. I am also planning on going on one of the first days so I'm not sure if they will be new to this too! I guess I must keep in mind that I don't wear the scarf as is so I should just go for it and have some fun!!! But I'm terrible at picking colors for the painters when time comes to repaint a room. I think I have it nailed and then they start and I think it could not possibly be the color I chose