Scarves Hermesmatic - worth a try? Please post your opinions and before/after photos of scarves

I hope some of you might be able to give me your thoughts about a scarf I intend to bring to the event in NYC. I am bringing my very first 90. My DH bought it for me as a souvenir when he was returning from at trip in the airport. I'm quite sure he asked the SA for something that will match everything. So he presented me with an Eperon d'Or in taupe, gray and cream. Lovely scarf but seldom used since I am someone who prefers saturated colors. Since I would love to wear my very first, a DD might give it new life. I would be grateful for any ideas on what colors might make this one less "drab". I prefer blues and pinks but am open to anything which might give this treasure some vibrancy. Thanks you for your time.

Hi AngelFood, I have the very same scarf! I thought maybe if I pulled it out and stared at it a bit, I might be of some help. If one could be logical about this, I'd likely choose pink. The scarves shown at the start of the thread that appeared to have had white/light areas and then were likely dyed with the pink are now bright fuchsia, which is a cool pink. I was thinking with your Eperon d'Or, the fuchsia would possibly warm up to salmon on the taupe areas, to a deeper, darker, cool pink on the grey areas, and then a slightly warmer fuchsia on the cream parts. But, it appears that one can't really be logical about this! :upsidedown: But I'd probably still go with pink, and with violet as a second choice, as that could be very pretty, too. Sending best wishes!

Last edited:
Thank you so much Prepster and Momasaurus for your suggestions. In my mind it seems counterintuitive to use olive since it seems more "drab" vs bright. But I would be happy with the lovely teal that Pegase achieved with her light scarf. Based on what has been written on this thread, the associates working in the pop-up don't offer much guidance. I am also planning on going on one of the first days so I'm not sure if they will be new to this too! I guess I must keep in mind that I don't wear the scarf as is so I should just go for it and have some fun!!! But I'm terrible at picking colors for the painters when time comes to repaint a room. I think I have it nailed and then they start and I think it could not possibly be the color I chose
LOL, don't get me started on this. The last time I had my house painted I fell in love with the color of the PRIMER they put on! A really nice blueish-grey, so I totally changed my plan. Hopeless.

There is a Hermesmatic cocktail party tomorrow at Hermès Sèvres in Paris...I'll be so happy to meet Tpfers ! I'm going to dip-dye this Giant carré...what color would you choose?

You may have to go for tonal rather than contrast. I'd go for violet, the majority of the scarf will most likely come out various shades of purple

Reactions: prepster
I'm hoping this will help all of you going for it. If you don't have paints/white card handy, you can do a mini-trail using eye-shadow on an old white pillow case. Dab colour(s) corresponding closely to the scarf/scarves and then lightly layer the DD colour you may want. The mix will be approximate but you'll get a fair idea.

color_theory_slide.jpg

How fun! Which scarves did you bring?
Voyage en Etoffes in light blue, and the giant Kelly en Perles...can't wait to see the result :yes: !

fromparis, If you're able to share, I'd love to see your creations! :smile:
I will :yes: !

You may have to go for tonal rather than contrast. I'd go for violet, the majority of the scarf will most likely come out various shades of purple
Unfortunately the violet was not available : bright red, indigo and bright pink only...