Buying 1st Rolex this week - HELP!

Louish

Dec 28, 2014
Originally, I was getting a Rolex for my 30th birthday next year but DH has said I can buy one Thursday instead! I'm super excited but I feel so unprepared!

About me: I tend to lots of burgundy, navy, grey & black. I wear dainty jewellery. I wear small RG diamond bezel studs & either a small dbty in SS or small RG diamond pendant. Sometimes YG hoops. The issue is with my plat. Diamond/green diamond wedding set - I'm worried that I'll buy a watch which clashes with it since I'm wearing it on the same hand. Here's a pic:
IMG_5374.JPG

From January 2018 I will be a stay at home Mum so working environment doesn't matter.

I have narrowed it down to these choices. They are very different.

I think this one would clash the least with my rings. BFF thinks the diamonds are too blingy for my look. It's also the most expensive option.
IMG_6860.jpg

I like the black face on this as it's a bit different. Would go with my rings but not feminine enough to go with other jewellery?
IMG_6862.jpg
A TT option which seems less "bright" & might clash less with my rings. BUT since my gold is RG will the YG in the watch match ok?
IMG_6863.jpg
This watch feels very "me" & vintage. Goes nicely with my wardrobe. Will IT clash with my rings? Will it flash with RG jewellery?
IMG_6864.jpg IMG_6888.jpg

Thank you so much for your help.

I find the first option the best. It is the more timeless and the one that does not clash with your (beautiful) rings. For less bling, yo may want to consider a versión with less or no diamonds. But it depends how you plan to wear your Rolex. I never take out mine, so I like it simple and it goes with everything.

I vote for your first choice. I have a similar Rolex and I love it. It goes very well with my platinum wedding band and e ring. The diamond markers are nice too.

Thabk you for the photo! Do you have a photo showing the watch and your wedding rings? Just so I can get an idea. Thank you

When Rolexes have sticks I think of these lumne sticks. Not sticks with a little lumne Dots which I think is the older style of Rolex. I think there are some updated versions of those two tone Rolexes that you have posted. Yes these are 36mm size in these photos. I really need to start a Rolex fund. :love:

Attachments

• IMG_5901.jpg
    IMG_5901.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_5906.jpg
    IMG_5906.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 741
Originally, I was getting a Rolex for my 30th birthday next year but DH has said I can buy one Thursday instead! I'm super excited but I feel so unprepared!

About me: I tend to lots of burgundy, navy, grey & black. I wear dainty jewellery. I wear small RG diamond bezel studs & either a small dbty in SS or small RG diamond pendant. Sometimes YG hoops. The issue is with my plat. Diamond/green diamond wedding set - I'm worried that I'll buy a watch which clashes with it since I'm wearing it on the same hand. Here's a pic:
View attachment 3656097

From January 2018 I will be a stay at home Mum so working environment doesn't matter.

I have narrowed it down to these choices. They are very different.

I think this one would clash the least with my rings. BFF thinks the diamonds are too blingy for my look. It's also the most expensive option.
View attachment 3656086

I like the black face on this as it's a bit different. Would go with my rings but not feminine enough to go with other jewellery?
View attachment 3656087
A TT option which seems less "bright" & might clash less with my rings. BUT since my gold is RG will the YG in the watch match ok?
View attachment 3656088
This watch feels very "me" & vintage. Goes nicely with my wardrobe. Will IT clash with my rings? Will it flash with RG jewellery?
View attachment 3656089 View attachment 3656090

Thank you so much for your help.
Are you looking at the 31mm ? What about this one ? I think you may like this one.

Attachments

• IMG_6087.PNG
    IMG_6087.PNG
    542.6 KB · Views: 662
First option. I think it will clash less and it's more versatile. I think the black dial will make numbers hard to see. Personally I don't like the two tone look because I find that at least where I live most people who wear the two tone are much older in age. So my preference is steel or solid gold. Also sticks tend to be more masculine but that's my personal opinion. I think for a women's watch a classic look is either the romans or diamond. Best of luck! Please share when you get it :smile: