VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

My SA told me that there may be a price increase in Europe in April... I really don't get it. Anyway I finally paid a deposit for the BTF butterfly ring in pink sapphire/diamond. Unfortunately my size isn't available so it will take 2-5 months to make one. I had so much fun trying on all the rings in the store. My sweet SA also gave me some flowers afterwards [emoji16]View attachment 3647828View attachment 3647829View attachment 3647830

Since I was there I also had to try on the frivole peices. I like them but felt that maybe they're too big for my hand View attachment 3647831 View attachment 3647833

My SA also got me to try on this butterfly for fun but I really did not like it View attachment 3647835View attachment 3647838

Congrats on deciding one! I love all the butterfly btf rings eye candy in the pictures

Congrats on deciding one! I love all the butterfly btf rings eye candy in the pictures

Thank you! It was a tough choice. The yellow sapphire was very eye catching but I love the pink more. My DH likes the all diamond version as it's the safe option and my friend who was with me liked the MOP/RG option. In the end my SA said even though I have put a deposit down for the pink, I can always change my mind when it comes and go for another option [emoji51]

My SA told me that there may be a price increase in Europe in April... I really don't get it. Anyway I finally paid a deposit for the BTF butterfly ring in pink sapphire/diamond. Unfortunately my size isn't available so it will take 2-5 months to make one. I had so much fun trying on all the rings in the store. My sweet SA also gave me some flowers afterwards
emoji16.png
View attachment 3647828View attachment 3647829View attachment 3647830

Since I was there I also had to try on the frivole peices. I like them but felt that maybe they're too big for my hand View attachment 3647831 View attachment 3647833

My SA also got me to try on this butterfly for fun but I really did not like it View attachment 3647835View attachment 3647838[
Natalie, this is some serious eye candy - the coloured butterflies are so gorgeous :loveeyes:

I do like your choice of the Pink Sapphires / WG Pave the best :tup: My second choice is the MOP / PG Pave option. These colours work well with the pink undertones of your skin.

Valnsw, i was going to suggest this very option to you to complement your MOP / PG Cosmos pendant :heart:

Thank you! It was a tough choice. The yellow sapphire was very eye catching but I love the pink more. My DH likes the all diamond version as it's the safe option and my friend who was with me liked the MOP/RG option. In the end my SA said even though I have put a deposit down for the pink, I can always change my mind when it comes and go for another option [emoji51]
They are all pretty. I would agree that the pink sapphire compliments you more than the yellow.
My favorite is the pg/white mop.....:smile:

It's great that your SA gave you such flexibility, though I doubt u want to change your mind. The pink sapphire really suits u well.

By the way, do u intend to wear on your fourth or ring finger (near your pinkie) or the middle finger?

I need to think which finger as I think it may be a different size for different fingers for me...

Valnsw, i was going to suggest this very option to you to complement your MOP / PG Cosmos pendant :heart:

Haha we are thinking along the same lines. We'll see how things go first.

Reactions: HADASSA
Natalie, this is some serious eye candy - the coloured butterflies are so gorgeous :loveeyes:

I do like your choice of the Pink Sapphires / WG Pave the best :tup: My second choice is the MOP / PG Pave option. These colours work well with the pink undertones of your skin.

Thank you Hadassa! I was actually surprised by how much I like the RG/MOP version. It's very beautiful and the more discreet option.

They are all pretty. I would agree that the pink sapphire compliments you more than the yellow.
My favorite is the pg/white mop.....:smile:

Thank you TGG! They are all lovely and it was a tough choice. I was leaning towards the all diamond version as the safe option but if I were to ever get another BTF ring there's no other one with the pink sapphire so I went for this instead. Maybe one day in the far future I might consider the frivole for an all diamond version [emoji16]

It's great that your SA gave you such flexibility, though I doubt u want to change your mind. The pink sapphire really suits u well.

By the way, do u intend to wear on your fourth or ring finger (near your pinkie) or the middle finger?

I need to think which finger as I think it may be a different size for different fingers for me...

Haha we are thinking along the same lines. We'll see how things go first.

I am planning to wear it on my right hand ring finger. Are you thinking frivole or butterfly or have you already decided on the butterfly PG/MOP? Here are some more pics I took [emoji16]IMG_1490684024.025587.jpgIMG_1490684087.982694.jpgView attachment 3648488

Also, I keep being pinged by eBay for fake VCA Lapis necklaces. I saw one today that had been bid to $10K. I guess eBay is caveat emptor. But how can bidders be that unknowledgeable?!!!! Who bids on an item in the five figures with someone with (1) feedback?!!!! It just boggles my mind!!!
Hi etoupebirkin -- I noticed that listing as well~~ would you mind sharing the "giveaways" on authenticity for that piece in particular? When items are listed as antique (made decades ago), I can never tell if certain design element differences are due to evolving techniques, etc. Thanks!!

I've always been partial to the pink sapphire. Congrats on making your choice. I hope that by making your choice that you are locking in the lower price.

I'm going to be getting my Neiman's to get in a Malachite and Diamond Alhambra bracelet to go with my Malachite 20-motif. I want to have a couple of choices to match my necklace.

I purchased this set in January. My SA attached the bracelet to the necklace and looped it so the 5 motifs sit high on the neck. It looked really nice. I also will add the bracelet to the all gold 20 motif and position the bracelet to the side so it provides an accent. It's difficult to explain but I think the bracelet is very versatile.

I purchased this set in January. My SA attached the bracelet to the necklace and looped it so the 5 motifs sit high on the neck. It looked really nice. I also will add the bracelet to the all gold 20 motif and position the bracelet to the side so it provides an accent. It's difficult to explain but I think the bracelet is very versatile.
Can we please see some pics? Did you get the 10-motifs Malachite or alternating? This combination is so drool-worthy :drool::hbeat::loveeyes: