The New Lexa

I haven't purchased Chloe in years but saw this bag and thought I would try it. I ordered the large navy leather (most department stores say it is a medium size but the Chloe Boutique calls it large). I am 5'4" and the size of the bag is good. I was too afraid that the small would be too small and this holds my stuff nicely with a little room to spare.

The SA told me about the Haley bag which I saw at Nordstrom's and while it is really very pretty (I loved the tan color) I did not like the zipper closure.

Pics please! Was trying to decide between medium and small.

I just ordered this striped medium Lexa - it has that classic 70s look to it that I can't resist. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.
BGL0PTK_mu.jpg

Arrived! Green is gorgeous color, but I have a feeling that it's a bit too busy for the small size, especially when I try it on with Fall outfit. also probably the bag was a store display, it has some marks, nothing major but still not my piece of cake.
Black one looks dressier and I really like it, especially when worn, it goes with everything. Yet Black is a bit boring, it could be easily Ferragamo design which IMO is for older audience.
Sizewise Small Lexa is really small, but roomy enough to hold all my stuff. it's great for metropolitan commute in NYC or Tokyo.
I think I'll keep Small in black and return green, especially there are quality issues. I may get Med in green later:smile:

I thought it can be helpful, I posted comparison picture with Hayley Med, Marcie satchel Med, Marcie crossbody Med.

Attachments

• IMG_4159.JPG
    IMG_4159.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,076
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,142
Reactions: Charmaine13
Arrived! Green is gorgeous color, but I have a feeling that it's a bit too busy for the small size, especially when I try it on with Fall outfit. also probably the bag was a store display, it has some marks, nothing major but still not my piece of cake.
Black one looks dressier and I really like it, especially when worn, it goes with everything. Yet Black is a bit boring, it could be easily Ferragamo design which IMO is for older audience.
Sizewise Small Lexa is really small, but roomy enough to hold all my stuff. it's great for metropolitan commute in NYC or Tokyo.
I think I'll keep Small in black and return green, especially there are quality issues. I may get Med in green later:smile:

I thought it can be helpful, I posted comparison picture with Hayley Med, Marcie satchel Med, Marcie crossbody Med.

Looks beautiful!! What were the quality issues?

Looks beautiful!! What were the quality issues?
small marks on leather, it's not manufacturing, it looks like from handling (nail marks I guess). if it was a store display and/or was modeled on farfetch, why did boutique send it to me, especially it was not the last one. I'm a little bit displeased with that particulal boutique.
Black one came in packaging second to none, with protective paper all over. it looks and feels brand new from the box.

Lovely bags and thanks for the comparison pic. I agree, the black looks dressier.

small marks on leather, it's not manufacturing, it looks like from handling (nail marks I guess). if it was a store display and/or was modeled on farfetch, why did boutique send it to me, especially it was not the last one. I'm a little bit displeased with that particulal boutique.
Black one came in packaging second to none, with protective paper all over. it looks and feels brand new from the box.

It's a pretty bag! Do you find it difficult to get in and out of because you have to fiddle with the hook? That is the only reason why I liked the medium is the pocket on the outside. I am looking at the Motty grey, but do like your black and the green is a gorgeous color!

It's a pretty bag! Do you find it difficult to get in and out of because you have to fiddle with the hook? That is the only reason why I liked the medium is the pocket on the outside. I am looking at the Motty grey, but do like your black and the green is a gorgeous color!
I have small day Elsie, it has very similar size and opening, I like that bag. It's not difficult. I always manage to stuff my bags like tetris and get everything in and out. As for hook and eye lock, you can lock it in another way by pushing down the end of the lock, it's fast and easy to open.
Small Lexa has two small front pockets (keys and lipstick would fit). but I would love to have an open pocket behind like in Med Lexa for cell phone. I'm still not sure sure if small size will work for me.

I like the green! Such a pretty color.
Thank you:smile: my DH also prefers green. but leather has marks, unfortunately it's going back.
DH also said my black Lexa looks like "tax collector's bag" LOL

Last edited:
I'm absolutely in love with the medium/ large grey suede and plan on purchasing one soon. I'm a little nervous about caring for suede (will be my first suede bag), but plan on getting a good suede protector and care kit. Does anyone have any particular suede protector and care kits they'd recommend?

I have small day Elsie, it has very similar size and opening, I like that bag. It's not difficult. I always manage to stuff my bags like tetris and get everything in and out. As for hook and eye lock, you can lock it in another way by pushing down the end of the lock, it's fast and easy to open.
Small Lexa has two small front pockets (keys and lipstick would fit). but I would love to have an open pocket behind like in Med Lexa for cell phone. I'm still not sure sure if small size will work for me.

Thank you:smile: my DH also prefers green. but leather has marks, unfortunately it's going back.
DH also said my black Lexa looks like "tax collector's bag" LOL

You always have great advice! Thank you. Will order both sixes and report back.