And this is why I rarely sell on eBay... advice needed please!

I I purchased a clic bracelet from a new seller who had feedback from 4 people.
May I offer a bit of unsolicited advice?

I recommend you have the bracelet authenticated because the new seller didn't show her own pictures of the actual item. YOu'll want to at least make sure you got the real deal.

The first picture was stolen from a Rakuten listing:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kaitorikomachi/item/he0119012-1q1/

She sold an Hermes bag with pictures stolen from an Hermes replica site:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...experience-quality+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Brilliant .. Such good news
I have great news! After talking with them a 4th time today, eBay closed the case and is removing the negative feedback! Woo hoo! I was told that I do not have to refund the buyer. Unfortunately it does mean that they get to keep the books and get a refund from eBay, but I'm glad it's over now.

A HUGE thank you to the fabulous Been Burned for talking me through this process. You are amazing! Let me know if you're ever in my neck-of-the-woods and I'll treat you to lunch! Thanks, as well, to everyone else for your moral support -- I truly appreciate it!

And for those who would like to block this buyer, the ID is: babyloniamedia

May I offer a bit of unsolicited advice?

I recommend you have the bracelet authenticated because the new seller didn't show her own pictures of the actual item. YOu'll want to at least make sure you got the real deal.

The first picture was stolen from a Rakuten listing:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kaitorikomachi/item/he0119012-1q1/

She sold an Hermes bag with pictures stolen from an Hermes replica site:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...experience-quality+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I hope the bracelet is authentic. Stealing a picture from a replica site gave me a chuckle. That's crazy!

Wonderful news! I figured they might do this since the amount was so small. She won't be able to do it multiple times without someone in ebay getting wise, I hope.

The water damaged one was the best one... Clearly this isn't the first Time this seller has done this. Glad it was resolved OP

This is such wonderful news. I'm so happy to hear that EBay did the right thing!

Brilliant .. Such good news

Thanks, everyone!

Hi everyone,

Last week I listed several paperback books from a well-known children's series and they sold with via BIN within a few hours. I was honest in listing the condition of the books - they are not in new condition and have been well-used. However, they are all in fairly decent, readable condition. I listed them for $6 plus $4 shipping via media mail - $10 total. I shipped them one day after they sold.

They were delivered today and the buyer immediately opened a return request (I don't accept returns) due to the item not matching the description. Here's what she said (I am copying this verbatim): "you took fotos from front cover but their binding area all damaged. I can not use these books in this condition. not acceptable.. want to return."

Should I give this buyer a refund? I was honest in my description about any damages on the books. No, I didn't show a photo of the spine of each book but I did say there was spine damage. The binding on each book is definitely not damaged -- the pages of each book are held securely in place. As I mentioned, some of the books did have some spine damage, but that is purely aesthetic. It does not affect the ability to read the book at all. In hindsight, I acknowledge that I should have taken a photo of the spines, but if you zoom in on my photo you can tell there is no significant damage to the spines. I'm thinking this buyer did not read the description and was expecting like-new books.

I just spoke with an eBay rep who told me that if I accept the return I will have to pay for shipping because of her claim that the item did not match the description. Other than that, he was not able to give me much information on how to proceed. I am completely stressed out about this sale and it's only 10 bucks! I can't imagine how people handle the stress of possibly losing out on thousands and thousands of dollars.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282098799991?ssPageName=STRK:MEREX:IT

EDIT: I forgot to mention in my original post that from her username, the seller appears to be a used book seller.
I sell on ebay as well. I use catalog pics on brand new items, but not on pre owned, you can use a catalog pic, but I would always put the item itself in pics too! Ebay buyers aren't that bright I've noticed, and they do not read the listings. You have to give them a visual, or you'll have a problem like this. I would pay for the item to be shipped back, block that person, and resell. You're going to have to bite the bullet since in your pics, you show a perfect book. I put details in my listing all the time (sometimes in all caps if it's really important) and I still get asked questions when it's right there in the description in front of their face! Remember who you're dealing with, and you wont have future problems. Just pretend they're all 5 years old.... :smile:

I sell on ebay as well. I use catalog pics on brand new items, but not on pre owned, you can use a catalog pic, but I would always put the item itself in pics too! Ebay buyers aren't that bright I've noticed, and they do not read the listings. You have to give them a visual, or you'll have a problem like this. I would pay for the item to be shipped back, block that person, and resell. You're going to have to bite the bullet since in your pics, you show a perfect book. I put details in my listing all the time (sometimes in all caps if it's really important) and I still get asked questions when it's right there in the description in front of their face! Remember who you're dealing with, and you wont have future problems. Just pretend they're all 5 years old.... :smile:
The OP won her case; she didn't have to take the books back, and her listing did show at least part of the damage and her description was adequate. She did nothing wrong. I don't see where you are seeing a perfect book in her listing.

Reactions: bearhead
The OP won her case; she didn't have to take the books back, and her listing did show at least part of the damage and her description was adequate. She did nothing wrong. I don't see where you are seeing a perfect book in her listing.
I don't know where you're getting your "facts?" She documented the damage in the description, but didn't put it in pictures. People on ebay want to see anything less than perfect in the pics! Show every single flaw in a PICTURE!! There, now maybe you'll get it! If pics had been in the listing, this case wouldn't have been opened. The seller did nothing wrong, but assume that ebay buyers read! They don't! Have a great day.... lol

I don't know where you're getting your "facts?" She documented the damage in the description, but didn't put it in pictures. People on ebay want to see anything less than perfect in the pics! Show every single flaw in a PICTURE!! There, now maybe you'll get it! If pics had been in the listing, this case wouldn't have been opened. The seller did nothing wrong, but assume that ebay buyers read! They don't! Have a great day.... lol
Did you look at the listing? You can see ripped bindings in the pictures. The buyer was a reseller whose goal was to get these books for free. She even ripped them more in order to try to win her case. Read the thread before you comment.

I hope you don't use catalog pictures for highly faked brands! (I'm not even sure that's allowed!) Whether selling new or used items, your buyers (and authenticators) need to see pictures of the actual items so they can make informed decisions on their purchases.

As for the OP's listing, she clearly showed and described the books and their condition! There would have been no "biting the bullet" in this case.

I hope you don't use catalog pictures for highly faked brands! (I'm not even sure that's allowed!) Whether selling new or used items, your buyers (and authenticators) need to see pictures of the actual items so they can make informed decisions on their purchases.

As for the OP's listing, she clearly showed and described the books and their condition! There would have been no "biting the bullet" in this case.
For certain items, like books and electronics, Ebay provides stock photos that they encourage you to use. If your item is in new condition, you don't need to provide any other pictures, but I usually do.

For certain items, like books and electronics, Ebay provides stock photos that they encourage you to use. If your item is in new condition, you don't need to provide any other pictures, but I usually do.
Right. I was referring to highly faked items - handbags, shoes, jewelry, etc.