former Mulberry CD Emma Hill launches own brand

Chiming in late here. I kind of like them. But based on all the opinions I have just seen here...I might be lucky and see them in the summer sale soon :smile:

I really like the new zippy bag, especially in the pink glossy goat. I think it's got more originality and doesn't look like it's based on a Mulb design. Saw some pics of the oxblood version on net-a-porter which showed how the sides can be tucked in, which would be essential for me as I don't do 'wings'.

My next Mulberry purchase is already planned, however I'll be keeping an eye out at what Hill's sale prices are like as I'd like one of her bags at some point soon :smile:

I really like the new zippy bag, especially in the pink glossy goat. I think it's got more originality and doesn't look like it's based on a Mulb design. Saw some pics of the oxblood version on net-a-porter which showed how the sides can be tucked in, which would be essential for me as I don't do 'wings'.

My next Mulberry purchase is already planned, however I'll be keeping an eye out at what Hill's sale prices are like as I'd like one of her bags at some point soon :smile:

Wow, I didn't realise that the sides can be tucked in. It looks so much better this way, very nice actually! :smile:

That's a bold statement remainsilly! I just don't like the twee lock on the Emma hill designs, but then I'm not a fan of studs and chains either. It's a tough call.

Hehehe.
Respect more when designers are uniquely, boldly different.
Rather than watery copies of others.

So, whilst winky lock brings twitch to my slappin'-hand, find hill's defiant twee almost admirable. Now.
She is not trying to be a "more affordable version" of any big brand.

That said, not buying either this or coca's stuff.
So impressed factor doesn't run wallet-deep. :biggrin:

Hehehe.
Respect more when designers are uniquely, boldly different.
Rather than watery copies of others.

So, whilst winky lock brings twitch to my slappin'-hand, find hill's defiant twee almost admirable. Now.
She is not trying to be a "more affordable version" of any big brand.

That said, not buying either this or coca's stuff.
So impressed factor doesn't run wallet-deep. :biggrin:
Winky lock sounds like a gangster movie! I haven't seen any hill and friends bags IRL but I'm sure someone on here said they were actually really nicely made and great leather. I'm hoping next season she will be a bit braver , I'd like to see some slouchier designs from her. But winky lock , def has to go.

I rather like the two satchel bags in the basic colors like tan, black, and the oxblood. The happy face lock doesn't stand out that much to me and if the quality is good as Mulberry from several years ago, then I could possibly purchase a bag. Will follow their designs in the upcoming months and see how they look.