Words of wisdom required for capsule Hermes collection

oh and the H bags that were not right for me so have bought and let go: Chocolat brown birkin phw 40; Rouge casaque birkin 35 ghw; Gold kelly retourne 35 phw; black victoria; orange evelyne gm.
Just a quick question for your reasons of letting go a RC & Gold? I want to add 1 more H b or k and these colours have been on my mind.

i love going through this thread. and after much debate, i decided to come forward with my collection -

i do mean to let go of the victoria, and perhaps a couple - lindy? please help me with a couple of to let go and tempt me with bags to fill void in the collection

bbb35
lindy 34 bleu de galice swift
b35 blue
b35 gold togo
c brown box
kr 28 gold
kr 32 red
jige elan electric blue
ks 32 orange
evelyn 26 malachite
herbag
lindy 34 gris
picotin 22 rouge garance clemence
victoria II parchemin clemence
kr ostrich saffron
klw ostrich bleu roi
ohhhhh wonderful collection you have!! hmmmm...if you HAD to trim down your collection...I would say the victoria (i just let mine go because for me it served the same purpose as my lindy). And maybe keep one lindy...lindy gris sounds fab!). Your collection is so well rounded I'm not sure if you have a void...but it does look like you have two gold bags...maybe let one of those go????

Just a quick question for your reasons of letting go a RC & Gold? I want to add 1 more H b or k and these colours have been on my mind.
Good question...my husband actively tried to stop me from letting go of my RC birkin. It is a FAB color...really rich and beautiful!! I let it go because for a time I thought I was done with Birkins in 35s...they really are very heavy for me. But, after I let it go, I bought a graphite in 35 because it's the combo (graphite with ghw) that I had always wanted...and in the end do feel that I enjoy having at least one 35b in my collection. I let go of gold kelly because it was again too big for me for a kelly (I'd like to add a 28) and the color I felt did not mesh well with my skin tone (I am asian). I might add another gold later on but maybe not in such a large bag...

ohhhhh wonderful collection you have!! hmmmm...if you HAD to trim down your collection...I would say the victoria (i just let mine go because for me it served the same purpose as my lindy). And maybe keep one lindy...lindy gris sounds fab!). Your collection is so well rounded I'm not sure if you have a void...but it does look like you have two gold bags...maybe let one of those go????

EHY thank you dear - for your advise and speedy response
i do think i should let go of the victoria, definitely and perhaps one or both the lindy for a smaller size one
let me start with those, i would definitely think about letting go of one gold? but i use them both very often
i am not sure how to price them on evilbay actually not technological apt at all - i am quite intimadated to use evilbay tbh

EHY thank you dear - for your advise and speedy response
i do think i should let go of the victoria, definitely and perhaps one or both the lindy for a smaller size one
let me start with those, i would definitely think about letting go of one gold? but i use them both very often
i am not sure how to price them on evilbay actually not technological apt at all - i am quite intimadated to use evilbay tbh
I completely agree with you. I avoid all resellers and eBay because I'm super intimated. I've given away my evelyne and victoria to my nieces...and my birkins and kelly got adopted by friends ...but for a very steep discount. Thats why now I am so very careful about what I buy.

Yes a jige would be great. You don't have a clutch yet and a Kelly in croc would be so nice! I think your collection is well rounded and thoughtfully chosen!
Thank you for your input!! I though too long about a craie jige that was offered to me and that got sold...I've requested a jige in argile or gris t.

I completely agree with you. I avoid all resellers and eBay because I'm super intimated. I've given away my evelyne and victoria to my nieces...and my birkins and kelly got adopted by friends ...but for a very steep discount. Thats why now I am so very careful about what I buy.

darling i hear you =)
i have been asking DH to evilbay on my behalf
but if nothing happens, victoria probably goes to either DS
lindy can go to her as well lol

darling i hear you =)
i have been asking DH to evilbay on my behalf
but if nothing happens, victoria probably goes to either DS
lindy can go to her as well lol
And the lindy kind of hurts to give away...after all, it's not a cheap bag...but if you have a DS who will appreciate it why not??!!! UGH. I hate to think of the money spent on bag mistakes...:shame:

Good question...my husband actively tried to stop me from letting go of my RC birkin. It is a FAB color...really rich and beautiful!! I let it go because for a time I thought I was done with Birkins in 35s...they really are very heavy for me. But, after I let it go, I bought a graphite in 35 because it's the combo (graphite with ghw) that I had always wanted...and in the end do feel that I enjoy having at least one 35b in my collection. I let go of gold kelly because it was again too big for me for a kelly (I'd like to add a 28) and the color I felt did not mesh well with my skin tone (I am asian). I might add another gold later on but maybe not in such a large bag...
Thanks for sharing with us. Btw Love your collection too.

I agree and think the Gold is nicer in a smaller bag. I was looking at adding another kelly but already have a K28 in Etoupe ghw. Do you think it is too close in colour family? Maybe gold with phw could work?

Thanks for sharing with us. Btw Love your collection too.

I agree and think the Gold is nicer in a smaller bag. I was looking at adding another kelly but already have a K28 in Etoupe ghw. Do you think it is too close in colour family? Maybe gold with phw could work?
I think both etoupe and gold are such classic H colors and appreciate both...especially both with ghw. However, this is just for me...I think they serve the same purpose...the neutral classic color...I think if you want to keep your capsule collection to just bags that you'll treasure and get lots of use out of of, you could venture into a diff color family like maybe a beautiful blue or red. Rouge casaque is gorgeous I highly recommend it. In a kelly it would be stunning.

And the lindy kind of hurts to give away...after all, it's not a cheap bag...but if you have a DS who will appreciate it why not??!!! UGH. I hate to think of the money spent on bag mistakes...:shame:

i did some soul searching when i was in the shower just now
and decided that i should probably just hold on to both the lindies lol at least for a couple more years? i agree that i hate the price cuts

i love DS and we are very supportive of each other so it doesnt hurt at all to send to her
it hurts because i know she wont use it lol - she did great with bolide though i am so happy to see her carry it in her photos :biggrin:

so yes for now, just the victoria to let go

darling i am asian, granted i get tanned 3 shades from spring until summer, i never thought about the color clashes until you mentioned

as you may recall i have a b35 gold togo and a k28 gold togo, i like them both quite a lot. granted i almost always pair them with dark jeans

i did some soul searching when i was in the shower just now
and decided that i should probably just hold on to both the lindies lol at least for a couple more years? i agree that i hate the price cuts

i love DS and we are very supportive of each other so it doesnt hurt at all to send to her
it hurts because i know she wont use it lol - she did great with bolide though i am so happy to see her carry it in her photos :biggrin:

so yes for now, just the victoria to let go
Lol anout soul searching in the shower! I fo this quite often! Good decision...you can always downsize later!!

Lol anout soul searching in the shower! I fo this quite often! Good decision...you can always downsize later!!

exactly what i came to decide
its mostly the two ostrich purchases that made me feel compelled to sell *something*..
my victoria parchement is the older version with the luggage tag so i feel like it serves the same purpose as my travel b, sigh
and now that i have a plume 32 in white, the whole boxy/white deal is gone out the window for this victoria

darling i am asian, granted i get tanned 3 shades from spring until summer, i never thought about the color clashes until you mentioned

as you may recall i have a b35 gold togo and a k28 gold togo, i like them both quite a lot. granted i almost always pair them with dark jeans
The hermes gold is just lovely...in fact it was my first H bag!!! I would have kept it forever if it were a smaller size kelly...if I could have just shrunk it...[emoji18]
The 35 kelly on me...on my shoulder was very awkward...but you see ive been pining for a kelly 28 FOREVER...
Would you believe i got offered a black kelly 28 sellier in March?? And I said NO because i had just returned from vacation with my family and I was knee deep in laundry...I was not thinking straight at all...by the time I realized my mistake next day, the bag had sold[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]