Words of wisdom required for capsule Hermes collection

Hi Fansynancy. I am sure experienced Hermes will contribute, but to update where I am currently with my collection. I currently have:

An orange Togo birkin 35 ghw
A Mykonos Togo birkin 35 phw
An etain Togo retourne Kelly 32 phw

I also have a 35 sellier Kelly on consignment and a cafe lindy that I have also decided can go.I love both bags, but the reason being that since getting my etain 32 Kelly, I have found it serves the same purpose as both bags, for me anyway. as the Kelly is retourne, I have found that at a push I can get A4 papers in it, if I don't fully do it up and let the sides batwing. This is useful when I have a need for a neutral work bag, at formal meetings.

I am toying with the idea of getting a neutral non black birkin, but am wondering if I need it, as I find the Mykonos a neutral pop colour and the etain Kelly serves the purpose for the odd occasion I need a true neutral bag.

I tried 30 birkins but they look too small on me, the 32 Kelly works much better.

The Kelly also works as my neutral evening bag, when it's not so formal I need to use a clutch.

I will definately look for a pop Kelly in 32 or even a retourne 35, and possibly one more birkin, so 5 in total, then I think I'm done! Or at least moving to the one in, one out stage.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought an update on my personal Hermes journey may be useful to other members building their collections.

You have a beautiful start! Mykonos is one of my favorite colors of all time. I, too, am starting out. It's been a little bit of a struggle trying to decide what I want vs. need, but I'm in the same ballpark. What I have now is (I'm 5'10'', slim)
-35 B black Togo GHW
-JPG Graphite.

I would like to add a neutral/lighter color for summer next (possibly a 35/40 Gris T) and probably a Jypsiere in a beautiful blue. I saw a Jypsiere in Monte Carlo in Mykonos and it was divine.
You have a gorgeous collection and best of luck with future purchases!

You have a beautiful start! Mykonos is one of my favorite colors of all time. I, too, am starting out. It's been a little bit of a struggle trying to decide what I want vs. need, but I'm in the same ballpark. What I have now is (I'm 5'10'', slim)
-35 B black Togo GHW
-JPG Graphite.

I would like to add a neutral/lighter color for summer next (possibly a 35/40 Gris T) and probably a Jypsiere in a beautiful blue. I saw a Jypsiere in Monte Carlo in Mykonos and it was divine.
You have a gorgeous collection and best of luck with future purchases!

Thank you fashionistanc. It's so hard to not just grab what you find with Hermes. even then I have made some mistakes. Good luck with your collection too. I love Gris t. Good choice! Your dog looks really sweet by the way.

Wow
thanks for resurrecting this thread.
It has been so helpful to me. I am still trying to decide which bag to purchase first and am like the OP, deciding on what I need to compliment my lifestyle, as a 36 year old mum and business owner at present, but also items that will age with me.
I love lists and these are almost the ultimate lists.
C

Very useful thread...if you don't have the aim to be frugal and rational, as I do!
I'm joking: this is a very rational way to schedule your shopping.

I'm trying to stay far far far from the impulse buying right now (expecially the orange ones...) and to have a small capsule collection, but I have decided I will slowly get the H. bags I want to complete it, keeping in mind I don't have limits of time, so no hurry.
Plus, since I've always been a person who prefers to be under the radar, I don't feel ready for my first Kelly, yet. Maybe for my 40th birthday! (1 year and a half to save..)
I'm almost 39, single, was a business owner and now I'm working to create another one, always running from one customer to another, and sometimes have to partecipate to formal occasions. But mostly I love my private life, made of walks with my dog, horses, great books, good friends, comfortable but nice outfits.
I mostly use brown, grey, blue, with a touch of red or orange here and there.

So my priorities have been: Massai PM havanne in clemence
and now...:heart: 31 mou bolide gold

I think right now this choice is perfect for me, but I can already plan what I will need in the next future.
And I'm not sure if I'll buy a rouge H. kelly 32 (or 28, will have to try it on, as I'm 165 cm "tall"), but would really love it. Something perfect for both work and formal occasions. Rouge or...a dark blue, don't know.
And then maybe...one day...a little lovely Constance. (oh but also this one would be gorgeous in box rouge. Will have to think about it).
I'm not dreaming of a Birkin, but of course if a future boyfriend will love to buy me a barenia birkin 30, I wouldn't say no...

Well, I partecipated. Thank you for all the useful information you wrote here!

I used to own quite a number of lv bags since i started collecting in early 90s, and a few chanels which i started purchasing a couple of years ago. I began my love for H when i got my 1st one ( a cabag in orange ) in 2010. Since then, i have let go of some of my LVs to fund my 1st birkin ( still on the waiting list ), the chanel bags stay though. But i guess i will have to save some more since i already got a portion of my B fund to purchase the evelyn pm blue jean ( coming in a week's time, so excited! ), can't resist!

I used to own quite a number of lv bags since i started collecting in early 90s, and a few chanels which i started purchasing a couple of years ago. I began my love for H when i got my 1st one ( a cabag in orange ) in 2010. Since then, i have let go of some of my LVs to fund my 1st birkin ( still on the waiting list ), the chanel bags stay though. But i guess i will have to save some more since i already got a portion of my B fund to purchase the evelyn pm blue jean ( coming in a week's time, so excited! ), can't resist!

Can you still get on a waiting list? I have been told that the stores have did away with that :sad: Similar to you, I started with LV bags in my collection, and switched to Chanel bags a couple of years bag. Since seeing more people carrying Birkins on the street (I have to say Birkins are really head turners, even before I start looking into H bags), I start to fall in love with the style and really want to have one. Unfortunately, it is ultra hard to get one from the store and most of the SAs I met in the Madison Ave store are not friendly but giving off vibes that turn you away ......

Hi bball, yes, im still on the waiting list. My local SA has not say anything about my name not being on the list. Im not sure though if those who are waitlisted before this supposed to be new policy are affected. I hope not, i guess its just fair enough for us because we've been on the list way before it is implemented. has it already been?

Hi Crazyforbirkin, when was it implemented and when did you get on the waitlist? I asked about the waitlist just every recently (probably a few months back) and they said the company did away with the waitlist process, just meaning that I can't get myself on the waitlist :sad: She didn't say anything about grandfathering people who are already on the waitlist.

Hello again bball, i had my name on the waitlist of 2 H boutiques just this january. Just had a chat with one of my SA This afternoon and i asked about the no waitlist policy. She said they were advised not to take any more phone orders but gave me a hint that if you have a good relationship with a SA, it could still be possible. She also mentioned that they are now serving those who are waitlisted from 2 years back. But i got a feeling that i just might have a chance of getting one anytime now until about april or may. I do exert so much effort in establishing a relationship with her and i think i have done it. Have not met her in person, have not been to her boutique, have not purchased anything. Just lucky enough i guess to have found her, she's an angel sent bt the H gods. Oh and by the way, im trying to renember if she mentioned about the no phone order being implemented just 2 weeks ago, i think she did

This one from another boutique...called SA to tell him i will be visiting next month. He said no B or K as of the moment but told me to give him a call 2 days before arriving for reservation. I am assuming that there will be a shipment around that time and that he may have one for me. He probably would just want to make sure that i will be there as i have told him. I asked about the shipment, he said " oh dear, please just call " . I really hope i am right

Hello again bball, i had my name on the waitlist of 2 H boutiques just this january. Just had a chat with one of my SA This afternoon and i asked about the no waitlist policy. She said they were advised not to take any more phone orders but gave me a hint that if you have a good relationship with a SA, it could still be possible. She also mentioned that they are now serving those who are waitlisted from 2 years back. But i got a feeling that i just might have a chance of getting one anytime now until about april or may. I do exert so much effort in establishing a relationship with her and i think i have done it. Have not met her in person, have not been to her boutique, have not purchased anything. Just lucky enough i guess to have found her, she's an angel sent bt the H gods. Oh and by the way, im trying to renember if she mentioned about the no phone order being implemented just 2 weeks ago, i think she did

Hi again, Crazyforbirkin:P Thank you for your insights! May I ask the store/SA who's the H angel you worked with? If I'm lucky enough for that H store to be my local store, I'll definitely try my luck one day :P