Alicia Vikander

First trailer:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/28/tulip-fever-trailer-alicia-vikander-judi-dench-christoph-waltz
Alicia and DeHaan look really gorgeous. The production values look pretty great too.

I really liked the trailer, the movie has been on the drawer for so long I thought something must have gone wrong but judging by that trailer it might actually be really good. Although the I'm not surprised Weinstein has another good movie on his hands that he is just dropping it without what it deserves all because they don't feature his favorite Hollywood stars.

I'm a bit shocked too.. I can't say if this is a poor career decision,but it's certainly a huge risk for her. I hope she continues to work on more "auteurish" projects and,honestly,I don't think a possible new franchise will preclude other opportunities. Anyway,a completely different role is good for her. Her most iconic role is Ava and her best performance (imo) is in Pure but she was risking to be typecast in period dramas

I really agree with this especially the bold part. Her next movies other than the Borne movie are love stories and being Lara Croft will definitely be great change for her so she won't be typecast in not only in period pieces but love stories.

I really agree with this especially the bold part. Her next movies other than the Borne movie are love stories and being Lara Croft will definitely be great change for her so she won't be typecast in not only in period pieces but love stories.
Yes,absolutely.

I really liked the trailer, the movie has been on the drawer for so long I thought something must have gone wrong but judging by that trailer it mightually be really good.
Although the I'm not surprised Weinstein has another good movie on his hands that he is just dropping it without what it deserves all because they don't feature his favorite Hollywood stars.
Isn't it funny that this is her only movie with this kind of release? :lol:
I've read that the script is a bit over the top but the performances are actually good. I'm not surprised either.

is she going to pack on so muscle and weight because otherwise that's just poor casting
This will not be a problem for her. She's a trained dancer and her legs still show the effects of her ballet training
thumb_600_800_1433299964121.jpg
Also,this Lara Croft is inexperienced and very young.

Last edited:
Oh my days! I thought I'd seen the last of "boring knickers". Now "the sinus infected sounding one" has been gifted Lara Croft!!! What are the producers thinking!!! Say what you like about Angie baby but at least she's got a bit of edge and chutzpah about her and was perfect for the role, unlike "boring knickers" who has got about as much edge as the corner of a snotty hankie left out on a rainy day. "Boring knickers" isn't even sexy. She's sexless with male Russian shot putters legs. You know life is unfair when you see chicks like her getting a lift up. Can't she just marry some millionaire, get sprogged up and do everyone a favour and disappear. She's ruining my cinema going experience.

Last edited:
is she going to pack on so muscle and weight because otherwise that's just poor casting
^this! There is nothing about her that says Lara Croft at all. She's more suited for period films and the only athleticism i see in her is from her ballerina background. She's just not a sexy bad azz chick and her acting isnt strong enough to deliver these character traits. This will be like Anne Hathaway miscast as Catwoman. She's gonna miss the mark on this one.

Last edited:
Oh my days! I thought I'd seen the last of "boring knickers". Now "the sinus infected sounding one" has been gifted Lara Croft!!! What are the producers thinking!!! Say what you like about Angie baby but at least she's got a bit of edge and chutzpah about her and was perfect for the role, unlike "boring knickers" who has got about as much edge as the corner of a snotty hankie left out on a rainy day. "Boring knickers" isn't even sexy. She's sexless with male Russian shot putters legs. You know life is unfair when you see chicks like her getting a lift up. Can't she just marry some millionaire, get sprogged up and do everyone a favour and disappear. She's ruining my cinema going experience.

Lol!
Well said!

Same! I thought Daisy Ridley had it in the bag but according to Variety Alicia was the number one choice. I read an article half an hour ago that said something about wanting to see revised scripts and an expectation it won't be filmed for a few months yet. But now I can't find the article in the avalanche of tweets - Lara Croft is trending at #1 in the UK right now!
Could it be this one in Variety?

While other actresses had met for the role, including Daisy Ridley, source indicate that Vikander had always been the first choice. The reason for the delay of announcement was that the studio was waiting for a new draft of the script, sources say.
I watched this trailer for the 2013 reboot of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kB9cLJZw_I

This character is not all about big boobs and muscles (though she will still need some padding to keep the teenage boys happy) or being fearless. She is a lot more three dimensional and vulnerable.

- You can do it Lara. After all, you’re a Croft.
- I don’t think I’m that kind of Croft.
- Sure you are. You just don’t know it yet.
I think this could suit Alicia really well, and it is a great opportunity. Of course there is always a risk of failure, but she didn’t get this far by playing it safe.

I've seen the Lara Croft reboot. They're not only going to have to green screen the background, they're going to have to green screen her entire body - and probably her acting. She doesn't look like she can kick butt at all.

I suppose the producers are thinking Jennifer Lawrence in Hunger Games or Shailene Woodley in Divergent, but they have womanly figures and personalities, whereas "boring knickers" looks like she should be a depressed novice in distress in a period piece. And watching her interviews! Oh my days! You start watching then find your self conscious after they've finished - it's like taking a bad dose of Rohypnol!! What is she going to do? Bore her burly opponents to death by speaking to them in a monotonous faux Surrey accent?

Even if she's had ballet training - which is tough, I'll give her that - she's just not edgy and sexy - not even enough - at all!

She'll look like a little girl trying to pirouette or arabesque her evil enemies to death. No amount of lessons from her old Irish fella boyfriend is gonna make her have game. In fact since she's started dating him, he looks terrible. He's now baring a strong resemblance to one of those gummy old Irish men you saw propping up the bar in pubs you went to as a teenager when everywhere else was closed on Saturday night. She's aged, dulled and borified him, which I have to say is quite an achievement.

Lords knows how he's going to be parkouring around the buildings of Paris in Assassins' Creed when he's starting to look like the old man in "Family Guy". Thank goodness for cgi!!!

Hmmm.... funny that isn't it ...him starring in Assassins' Creed and now her starring in Lara Croft... hmmm... and...hmmm...again.

Well at least they can go to gamer conventions together when - definitely not if - their careers take a dip.

Last edited:
Can't they force feed us an actress who is actually interesting. Aren't actresses allowed to be sexy, shapely, dynamic, powerful, sharp, intelligent and opinionated anymore? Is the new trend in Hollywood for actresses to be so inoffensive, non controversial, nonsexual and acquiescent that when they try to emote powerful feelings, they look like kicked puppies on Mogodon? Are they really touting this bland little thing as being as hot as Angie in her heyday? Really? Really?

What has happened to these Hollywood executives and producers today? Are they so afraid of women who look like women that they go full throttle promoting this tepid little wallflower, who looks like she can't even fight her way out of a thin paper bag without assistance? Does Lara Croft now have to look like a tired, frail, prepubescent Florence Nightingale with a backpack and shorts?

Last edited:
Same! I was trying to find the first tweet I read that had a link to more details. But the tweets were loading so fast I couldn't keep up with them!
Love the tweet you posted - bet Michael is delighted for her [emoji3]

Just a high profile part in a movie, it already made some people can't sit still ! lol! You read some of the new posts here, kind of "entertaining". Hehehe

I'm a bit shocked too.. I can't say if this is a poor career decision,but it's certainly a huge risk for her. I hope she continues to work on more "auteurish" projects and,honestly,I don't think a possible new franchise will preclude other opportunities. Anyway,a completely different role is good for her. Her most iconic role is Ava and her best performance (imo) is in Pure but she was risking to be typecast in period dramas

IA. I have noticed she has been trying lately to get away from that genre with her more recent casting choices, including the movies she had to drop because of Bourne. The Circle, Assassin's Creed, Submergence and now Tomb Raider, they are all either action movies or movies that are set in modern days. Not that there's anything wrong with period dramas, most of the time, those movies are the only ones who good female leads, you can not fault an actress for doing her best with what she has available, it's only recently that we are starting to see more big productions with lead female characters like Sicario, The Huntsmen, Star Wars, Rogue One, Mad Max Fury Road, Hunger Games and etc.