Coca's bayswater

This photo was posted on one the Mulberry FB groups, I hope it's okay to re-post here, the lady in question saw it at LFW - the postman's lock is a lot smaller and the fob has gone :nono:
This looks like a fake to me. Really dislike the open sides and the smaller postman's lock. Maybe I should use my voucher to get a bayswater before they change to this awful new design? It still pains me that they are £895+ though :sad:
Mulberry please wake up and listen to your loyal customers before we all go away to other brands!!!

I've just been reading an interview by Sara Harris and Johnny Coca in May's edition of Vogue magazine and it described the new design of the Bayswater and here are some of the new features. The internal pocket is now on the inside front of the bag, saves fumbling around says Johnny and he said the former was irritating to get to! The leather looks infinitely more expensive than the old version (which old version I ask)? The handles stand up on the new one, whereas the old handled version flopped down to reveal the ugly root of the handles at the base, I guess that's where the handles join the bag! The postman's lock plate is smaller, ' why have it any bigger' he says and the interior straps have been done away with because 'no-one' ever used them! Apparently the new version is SO improved it makes the old version look like A FAKE that's been picked up on New York's Canal Street (wherever that is)? Well ladies, I'll let you make up your own minds but for me, I'm sticking with what I love and that 'the old ones are the best!'

Just look at the man his idea of style is on another planet.

I think Johnny's got a bit of an ego going on. And that's not very Mulberry, at all. Quite the opposite. The Mulberry woman is confident, comfy and far from a pompous "LOOKATME!"-bimbo Johnny seems to be designing for.

To lose the NVT leathers and substitute them with something less down key and robust is one of his great mistakes; to lose the inside straps and otherwise "improve" a classic, bread-and-butter design is madness. The straps are there because they're necessary.

I'm starting to think that this is going to be another nail in the coffin - the Mulberry story will come to an end sooner than later if this goes on!

Short men do

Mulberry - If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'm just glad I've got the bags that I have and agree that these changes are making me appreciate my collection even more.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it . He must go around with his eyes closed - half a day in London is enough to to convince ANYONE that the Batswater is THE icon . Sorry Coca you are an idiot . Don't bite the hand that feeds you .