Confidence in Clemence

Thanks for posting this. I recently purchased a B in Clemence that I originally asked for in Togo. My SA told me she sees Togo Bs that can be just as slouchy as Clemence and that it's more about how you store and care for it than the actual leather. I think the leather is stunning and it shows the color beautifully as well. She also mentioned that all bag corners will show smoothing over time. I'm very happy with my purchase, it's a gorgeous leather.

not to offend but your birkin looks slouchy to me in the picture. it will probably slouch even more with the belt unbuckled? I love the richness and softness of clemence as well. Just personally not a fan when clemence is on birkin or kelly. I absolutely love clemence on lindy as it's meant to have a more slouchy look.

Reactions: Young1987
My most recent B is clemence. I purchased from FSH in January. I had lengthy discussions with the H team while there and clemence and chèvre are the favorited leathers by many H aficionados now. Togo has changed with the passing of years so many are moving to clemence. There is a lustre and creaminess to the leather that togo does not have.
Hermes Plomb B35

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 835
Reactions: LOA and kathydep
I think personally the difference
In weight is nominal..truly dear. If weight is the deciding factor hoo with swift or epsom...every leather has it's + and - :smile:

Sent from my SM-G920V using PurseForum mobile app

My 32 Indigo kelly is Clemence and I don't think it is heavy at all! She isn't floppy, either! She is only 10 months old, so time will tell. :P My five year old Togo 35 Birkin used to stand up nice and tall when she was a newborn, but now she is a puddle of smooshy moooshy goodness!

My most recent B is clemence. I purchased from FSH in January. I had lengthy discussions with the H team while there and clemence and chèvre are the favorited leathers by many H aficionados now. Togo has changed with the passing of years so many are moving to clemence. There is a lustre and creaminess to the leather that togo does not have.
Hermes Plomb B35

Gorgeous birkin.

BBC it looks to be in wonderful condition, by which I mean used with great care .
The colour is classic and beautiful and glows in Clemence.
I'm not for rigid bags and always prefer my accessories to be worn in rather than pristine.
I do find my Clemence Evelyne heavy after a couple of hours , but prefer to put up with mild discomfort for the deliciousness of the gold Clemence.

I'm so glad to see so many awesome members chime in here! I honestly have been very happy with this leather. While it looks well-cared for, I really don't go to any great lengths. However, I almost always keep the straps closed and I always keep a white tshirt on the bottom of the inside. After all the heavy use, the only genunive issues I see are color wear on the corners (easily fixed) and a touch (1/2"?) of fraying to the edge of the strap on a part usually located on the inside of the bag, at the back. I did clean her out and up yesterday and she's ready to go:

Straps open - the front handles do go forward a bit, I suppose

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459951906.514483.jpg

Closed the way I usually carry it

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459951915.931596.jpg

It just seems to me that people worry about Clemence. I can tell you, it doesn't scratch like Vache Liegèe! It's easily repaired unlike Epsom! No veins! Rain, snow, sleet, it's FINE!!! For some people the weight may be an issue, but I like to think of it more as "passive weightlifting". Tones my arms!!! [emoji38]