Confidence in Clemence

Can someone (maybe @Notorious Pink is the authority on this? Or @QuelleFromage) please tell me if this is true.... Wearing Clemence in the rain causes blisters??? I keep hearing a youtuber say that she read articles on ******** and the purse forum that wearing clemence in the rain will make it blister. I have a clemence SO and I have never gotten rain on it but that just sounds CRAZY to me but I don't want to risk it if it is true. Is it true?????
I have a picotin in clemence in Sakura. I wear it almost every day. It has been through rainstorms, snow, has been drenched in apple sauce, has had coffee spilled on it numerous times, never had a single problem. It is actually my rain bag. It has remained very clean despite being a light color. Sometimes I wish I could make a custom birkin in clemence so I could wear it without care.

I have a picotin in clemence in Sakura. I wear it almost every day. It has been through rainstorms, snow, has been drenched in apple sauce, has had coffee spilled on it numerous times, never had a single problem. It is actually my rain bag.
Hi Hi!!!!! This is exactly what I thought!!! My SA actually recommended I do my SO in clemence for this reason.... SUPER hearty leather! It just blows my mind that this youtuber KEEPS saying this in all her videos.

Can someone (maybe @Notorious Pink is the authority on this? Or @QuelleFromage) please tell me if this is true.... Wearing Clemence in the rain causes blisters??? I keep hearing a youtuber say that she read articles on ******** and the purse forum that wearing clemence in the rain will make it blister. I have a clemence SO and I have never gotten rain on it but that just sounds CRAZY to me but I don't want to risk it if it is true. Is it true?????
It is utter BS darlin'!!!! I have had a Clemence bag soaked through, sopping wet, took a full day to dry out (absolute horror story, flood in an airplane!)...and it is FINE.
I carry Clemence in rain, snow, etc. It's less alarming than Barenia IMO because Barenia turns so dark when it's wet!
Clemence is such an underrated leather - lovely grain, hardy, doesn't scratch unless you actually make an effort to damage it ;), takes colors really well. I will take it over Togo any day but you rarely see it in smaller bags anymore except Picotin, Lindy, and Evelyne.

These people on social who pretend to know all about Hermès when all they do is read someone else's blog :facepalm: and if THAT source happens to be wrong, then it's a waterfall effect. Just misinformation :smile:

It is utter BS darlin'!!!! I have had a Clemence bag soaked through, sopping wet, took a full day to dry out (absolute horror story, flood in an airplane!)...and it is FINE.
I carry Clemence in rain, snow, etc. It's less alarming than Barenia IMO because Barenia turns so dark when it's wet!
Clemence is such an underrated leather - lovely grain, hardy, doesn't scratch unless you actually make an effort to damage it ;), takes colors really well. I will take it over Togo any day but you rarely see it in smaller bags anymore except Picotin, Lindy, and Evelyne.

These people on social who pretend to know all about Hermès when all they do is read someone else's blog :facepalm: and if THAT source happens to be wrong, then it's a waterfall effect. Just misinformation :smile:
What a relief! I thought she was incorrect but when she said (repeatedly) that she read it on TPF and that other purse bippity boppity person on IG.... I started to doubt my own knowledge hahaha Thanks for confirming!!!! ((((hugs)))))

I walked in the rain during a typhoon in Seoul a few years ago (a business trip) and got my Clemence Halzan completely soaked. It still looks brand new. I am no stranger to rain and people don’t carry umbrellas where I live. The best leathers in rain are Barenia, BF and Clemence.