Chanel Two-toned Slingback Thoughts?

Hi,

Could the experienced ladies here please advise. I am usually a wear a 38 in the classic Chanel leather ballet flats. I recently bought a 37.5 in the two-tone leather slingbacks as it was the only pair available in my local Chanel. The length actually looks fine but the strap is a little tight and leaves indented marks on my heel. It also feels a little narrow for my toes especially when the weather is hot. Though the length looks just right as my heel aligns with the edge of the shoe.

I'm wondering whether I need to get a 38 or 38.5 in these heels, whether sizing up by 1/2 size would make as much as 1cm difference (between 37.5 and 38)? I would like it to be comfortable but I'm wondering if the 38.5 would be a little big and if the band will slip off my heel.

It's a little confusing because people are telling me that these shoes fit half a size smaller. Which would mean that as a 38 I should actually go for a 38.5? And there's some people also saying it fits true to size. I'm really just wondering whether there is a lot of difference to the fit between a 37.5 and 38, and between 38 and 38.5?

Hi,

Could the experienced ladies here please advise. I am usually a wear a 38 in the classic Chanel leather ballet flats. I recently bought a 37.5 in the two-tone leather slingbacks as it was the only pair available in my local Chanel. The length actually looks fine but the strap is a little tight and leaves indented marks on my heel. It also feels a little narrow for my toes especially when the weather is hot. Though the length looks just right as my heel aligns with the edge of the shoe.

I'm wondering whether I need to get a 38 or 38.5 in these heels, whether sizing up by 1/2 size would make as much as 1cm difference (between 37.5 and 38)? I would like it to be comfortable but I'm wondering if the 38.5 would be a little big and if the band will slip off my heel.

It's a little confusing because people are telling me that these shoes fit half a size smaller. Which would mean that as a 38 I should actually go for a 38.5? And there's some people also saying it fits true to size. I'm really just wondering whether there is a lot of difference to the fit between a 37.5 and 38, and between 38 and 38.5?

Honestly I'd wait for a better fit. That's probably going to be the 38 if you can wear the 37.5.
I usually wear 38 in Chanel and I bought 38 in the slingbacks. 38.5 may have been better for me because my feet are wider than average but I didn't try them and the 38 is a good fit.
If you can wait until tomorrow I can measure the length of the 38s for you.

Honestly I'd wait for a better fit. That's probably going to be the 38 if you can wear the 37.5.
I usually wear 38 in Chanel and I bought 38 in the slingbacks. 38.5 may have been better for me because my feet are wider than average but I didn't try them and the 38 is a good fit.
If you can wait until tomorrow I can measure the length of the 38s for you.

Thank you so much Straight-Laced!
Since you do wear a 38 in Chanel flats as well, could I know if the slingbacks in 38 are a good fit for you? In the sense that they don't squish your toes together and that the band doesn't leave marks on your heels, and are actually comfortable on? I realise that the 37.5 is too tight for my feet (specifically toe area) especially when my feet has expanded in the hot weather and I won't be able to walk in them without some discomfort.

Thank you so much Straight-Laced!
Since you do wear a 38 in Chanel flats as well, could I know if the slingbacks in 38 are a good fit for you? In the sense that they don't squish your toes together and that the band doesn't leave marks on your heels, and are actually comfortable on? I realise that the 37.5 is too tight for my feet (specifically toe area) especially when my feet has expanded in the hot weather and I won't be able to walk in them without some discomfort.

Hi - the length of the size 38 inner sole is 25 1/2 cm measured from the toe to right to the very edge of the open back and there's more like 25 cm ( a little more) of usable inner sole.
The 38s fit me well in the length and the slingback strap fits comfortably without digging in or feeling that it's being stretched out. My feet are wider than average in the forefoot/toe area so I would have loved to try the half size up to see if they fit my toe area better (widthwise) without being too long but I probably would have ended up with the neat fitting 38s anyway.
HTH a bit :smile:

I tried both the 38s (expecting those to be the right size for me) and the 38.5s. The size difference between the two was actually not really noticeable, in length, and I found the extra width of the 38.5s to be more comfortable. So, to my surprise, I actually ended up keeping the 38.5s.

Hi all! Do I have a story for you ;)

I went on a lovely Sunday afternoon hang-out with mum and we went to go see a play at the cinemas, but decided to leave early because we'd already seen it too many time and the production was pretty lukewarm. Either way, we headed into the city totally unplanned and picked up mum's foundation brush from Chanel. Afterwards, we really wanted to find her a nice brooch so we went to Chanel. As we were admiring some of the beautiful pieces, I noticed a pair of the slingbacks being taken out the back and asked the SA if they had any left. She shook her head and apologised, saying those were probably already purchased. Anyway, mum decided on a brooch and we sit down in the waiting area. I look around at the shoes and what do I see? A gorgeous pair of the slingbacks...in my size. I pick them up straight away and try them on and they fit perfectly. After they're packaged, the SA looks stunned and says, "They had only been on display for ten minutes because the lady that bought it for her friend brought them back as they were too small! I can't believe it, you have no idea how lucky you are.."

Reactions: Brigitte031
hi brigs!!

Are these the new ones in pink?
I have been waiting for them in the flats and am intrigued to see a pic...

Yes they are! Must admit when I bought them I didn't know they were called 'pink', they look like a light beige, with irridescent pink undertones under certain light. I posted a close-up in this post and a pic of the shoes on my Instagram:
instagram.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/12750280_476578242544156_1027666634_n.jpg

Hi all! Do I have a story for you ;)

I went on a lovely Sunday afternoon hang-out with mum and we went to go see a play at the cinemas, but decided to leave early because we'd already seen it too many time and the production was pretty lukewarm. Either way, we headed into the city totally unplanned and picked up mum's foundation brush from Chanel. Afterwards, we really wanted to find her a nice brooch so we went to Chanel. As we were admiring some of the beautiful pieces, I noticed a pair of the slingbacks being taken out the back and asked the SA if they had any left. She shook her head and apologised, saying those were probably already purchased. Anyway, mum decided on a brooch and we sit down in the waiting area. I look around at the shoes and what do I see? A gorgeous pair of the slingbacks...in my size. I pick them up straight away and try them on and they fit perfectly. After they're packaged, the SA looks stunned and says, "They had only been on display for ten minutes because the lady that bought it for her friend brought them back as they were too small! I can't believe it, you have no idea how lucky you are.."

Good for you, these will be your lucky shoes :tup: