Chanel Two-toned Slingback Thoughts?

blackisblack

Sep 23, 2014
LOVE them! They are super comfy. Tried the 65mm in goatskin, saw the suede ones but I prefer them in goatskin all the way, suede are beautiful but harder to maintain due to light color (you can always spray a waterproof protectant). I find the suede to limit their usage for certain outfits... Happy hunting! I'm on it cause although there are few feeeeeeeew sizes left I still haven't found them in my size [emoji57]

Last edited:

xAngels

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
LOVE them! They are super comfy. Tried the 65mm in goatskin, saw the suede ones but I prefer them in goatskin all the way, suede are beautiful but harder to maintain due to light color (you can always spray a waterproof protectant). I find the suede to limit their usage for certain outfits... Happy hunting! I'm on it cause although there are few feeeeeeeew sizes left I still haven't found them in my size [emoji57]

I'm glad! According to my SA they are awaiting new stock to arrive! I'll be on the wait list for a new pair with a mademoiselle vintage flap hopefully. Thanks for your opinion, I agree goatskin might be easier to maintain and match outfits. It's such a classic that I think I'll find a way to justify the price. ;)

blackisblack

Sep 23, 2014
Another thing... Suede beige color is different from the leather, leather is more on the beige gold honey tone (warm) and the suede is lighter and more like a cool tone, to me it looked more like a vintage beige kinda beige taupe (greenish) hard to described, but there's a huge difference between both tones. Suede look more antique for saying it so, leather look better in my opinion. Another thing, sizes don't differ to much from .5 down, just like 0.5 cms at the most... Measured them from the sole two pairs with .5 size difference between each other... Saying that you could look for a .5 size down in case you don't find them in your US regular size [emoji6]

xAngels

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Another thing... Suede beige color is different from the leather, leather is more on the beige gold honey tone (warm) and the suede is lighter and more like a cool tone, to me it looked more like a vintage beige kinda beige taupe (greenish) hard to described, but there's a huge difference between both tones. Suede look more antique for saying it so, leather look better in my opinion. Another thing, sizes don't differ to much from .5 down, just like 0.5 cms at the most... Measured them from the sole two pairs with .5 size difference between each other... Saying that you could look for a .5 size down in case you don't find them in your US regular size [emoji6]

Perfect I'll be sure to remember that! Now it's just the waiting game until they give me a call back!

chanel79

O.G.
Jul 24, 2007
Haven't seen both personally but leaning on the suede. I think suede is scratch proof, more casual shoe and a rare shoe to be seen in this color and material. Sa in Chanel said its softer. Sa just found it yesterday in my size in leather just when I just bought the ballerina shoes the other day. I'm on the waiting list in Chanel too I want to check out the suede. Size wise I'm a 6 and 36 is my size . Tried on the dark Chanel slingbacks.

xAngels

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Haven't seen both personally but leaning on the suede. I think suede is scratch proof, more casual shoe and a rare shoe to be seen in this color and material. Sa in Chanel said its softer. Sa just found it yesterday in my size in leather just when I just bought the ballerina shoes the other day. I'm on the waiting list in Chanel too I want to check out the suede. Size wise I'm a 6 and 36 is my size . Tried on the dark Chanel slingbacks.

Patience is a virtue I guess! I was originally in love with the suede but I'm not sure about how long the suede will hold up!