Does the fading on Balenciagas bother you?

I know this is an old thread but I am new to Balenciaga and am considering buying a navy blue giant city, I do not want my bag to fade. I know the blues have been notorious for fading in the past and I was just wondering if this would be the case for a darker blue? The color is called Bleu Obscur and here is a link:

http://www.balenciaga.com/ca/giant-city-handbag_cod45252697qb.html

Thanks for your help!

I am carrying that very bag today, but with silver hardware. I LOVE IT. Balenciaga's colors do not fade like they used to, the trade off is that they now use that protective coating over the leather that some people do not care for. On my blue obscur it is very minimal, not shiny and I love the leather. Also, Erica at HG bags has the exact blue obscur ggh city you want on her site right now for $1570. Buy it there and save yourself a bundle! She is reputable--many tpf ladies purchase from her and attest to her customer service. The bags are authentic and first quality. Hgbagsonline.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 505
Last edited:
I am carrying that very bag today, but with silver hardware. I LOVE IT. Balenciaga's colors do not fade like they used to, the trade off is that they now use that protective coating over the leather that some people do not care for. On my blue obscur it is very minimal, not shiny and I love the leather. Also, Erica at HG bags has the exact blue obscur ggh city you want on her site right now for $1570. Buy it there and save yourself a bundle! She is reputable--many tpf ladies purchase from her and attest to her customer service. The bags are authentic and first quality. Hgbagsonline.com

Oh wow, thank you for letting me know about HG bags, I will definitely check it out! Your bag looks beautiful!! May I ask how long you have carried it, as it still looks pristine?

Do I need to treat the leather since it has a coating? Thank you so much for helping this newbie!

Oh wow, thank you for letting me know about HG bags, I will definitely check it out! Your bag looks beautiful!! May I ask how long you have carried it, as it still looks pristine?

Do I need to treat the leather since it has a coating? Thank you so much for helping this newbie!

I've only had the bag a month or six weeks, and only carry it intermittently. I've been making an attempt to change bags more often to minimize wear on any one . Historically I've been a one-bag-til-it-dies person, so it's def. an effort for me. I don't condition new bags, but that's just me. I've also been fortunate not to get any that I feel are dry upon arrival. Especially with the way the leather is now, I just haven't found it necessary. I do know that some prefer to use apple guard on their bags immediately tho.

I've only had the bag a month or six weeks, and only carry it intermittently. I've been making an attempt to change bags more often to minimize wear on any one . Historically I've been a one-bag-til-it-dies person, so it's def. an effort for me. I don't condition new bags, but that's just me. I've also been fortunate not to get any that I feel are dry upon arrival. Especially with the way the leather is now, I just haven't found it necessary. I do know that some prefer to use apple guard on their bags immediately tho.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear as I don't condition my bags either! This seems like a low maintenance bag, which is what I am looking for. Although now you have me contemplating the silver hardware, haha! It isn't on the B website though, I will have to see if it is still available.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear as I don't condition my bags either! This seems like a low maintenance bag, which is what I am looking for. Although now you have me contemplating the silver hardware, haha! It isn't on the B website though, I will have to see if it is still available.

From what I understand Balenciaga is not stocking silver at all. Some retailers are I think. Erica has it also, if you're open to buying from her (understandably some people prefer only to purchase from retailer). However there is an entire thread dedicated to ****** testimonials on tpf somewhere, if you're curious. Re: silver/gold: gold/blue is gorgeous rich and regal looking! I'm casual though and find the silver more versatile. Can't really go wrong Either way.

From what I understand Balenciaga is not stocking silver at all. Some retailers are I think. Erica has it also, if you're open to buying from her (understandably some people prefer only to purchase from retailer). However there is an entire thread dedicated to ****** testimonials on tpf somewhere, if you're curious. Re: silver/gold: gold/blue is gorgeous rich and regal looking! I'm casual though and find the silver more versatile. Can't really go wrong Either way.

I will check out HG Bags for sure, would be nice to save some money! I was just browsing the B website and this bag caught my attention, I didn't even know this color was available with silver hardware. A tough choice when I can't see them in person, I appreciate your advice, thank you!