Does the fading on Balenciagas bother you?

I woke up only to find my new black bag looking worst ... I think the moisturizer is fully dry now, the brownish shades/ spots all over the bag ... I might need to send this for color restore or dye it ...

Never ever will i use LMB on my Bal ...

I just used the LMB protector on my black Bal. It seems to be fine and the shine is still there. I guess I will avoid the moisturizer then.

I sent my bag to LMB and just collected it yesterday. The helped me to clean up the brownish spots/ metallic shades FOC since it was caused by their moisturizer.
They told me that they didn't proceed with the color restoration/ dye as it will make the leather become dry due to the process (bleach, dye, etc).

I think the bag looks okay now, no more spots or metallic shades. Though I can't confirm if it is as black as its original. One thing I am sure is, it is not as shiny as when it 1st arrives.

Have to ask after reading more than several pages on here...what about Anthracite? I have a brand new one. While it seems that color like purple fade the most (upsetting to me, because I love their violets and blues), the "neutrals" don't, with the exception of Black from specific years. I would be okay if my anthracite faded to a softer gray over time (and all over the bag, not in patches), but I would NOT be okay if it started to get white in places/etc.
To be honest with you, I like a vintage look, but hearing that some get "patchy" or even streak is an outrage to me, considering how much these bags cost.
If someone could help me w/my Anthracite concern, I'd be very greatful!

Have to ask after reading more than several pages on here...what about Anthracite? I have a brand new one. While it seems that color like purple fade the most (upsetting to me, because I love their violets and blues), the "neutrals" don't, with the exception of Black from specific years. I would be okay if my anthracite faded to a softer gray over time (and all over the bag, not in patches), but I would NOT be okay if it started to get white in places/etc.
To be honest with you, I like a vintage look, but hearing that some get "patchy" or even streak is an outrage to me, considering how much these bags cost.

I don't think I've seen too many Anthras that fade to a light grey (I can only remember two). But I have seen and heard of them fading to a green color. Especially if it already has a green undertone.

Mine faded a bit, and now just looks green bag with a grey tone. Kinda opposite of what it's meant to be.

The newer Blues don't seem to yellow either. My Atlantique has no yellowing or fading. Neither does my Bleu Mineral.

Regarding the purples- I don't remember ever hearing that purples yellow? They can fade a bit, but yellow? This is news to me. It was mostly common with the Blues. At least that's what I've read.

I bought my Anthracite bag 2 years ago and so far there are no signs of color fading! Mine has more of a green undertone, and it does show when you look more closely (ex. on one side of the shoulder strap which gets more sunshine than the other side). It doesn't bother me that much though because I got the bag knowing about the undertone! I hope that helped!! :smile:

Agree that it depends on the bag.

Reds.......None of my red bags have faded. 03 red, 04 true red or 05 rouge theater.
Purples...04 eggplant also no fading.
Browns....no fading on 02, 03 dark or light caramel or 05 caramel, no fading on 03 olive brown or 05 chocolate.

Grays.....04 and 05 no fading.
Black...04 no fading.

Greens....
Now for the greens there has been some fading. 04 mystery green has a slightly lighter top but it came that way. No mirror to compare. 04 sea foam is a tad lighter than the mirror. But on both of these, no color change. 05 turquoise has a slight shift in hue but not lighter. It's still vibrant. 05 indigo was treated before I got it but I believe it had faded so that's why they did that. It is more dull than the mirror.

Pinks.....04 Rose no fading, 05 bubblegum pink faded substantially to a softer version but no color change...no yellowing.
Yellow......04 yellow no fading.

So I can concur with what has been said about the blues and greens being more susceptible to fading and that 04 eggplant might be the only purple that doesn't fade. That reds and browns and greys tend to be stable.

The only bag that ever faded was my 2007 black weekender that I sold. 2007 black is infamous for doing this though. In fact I saw a city bag for sale recently that was listed as GREEN - but it was actually a faded black bag.

Thank you all for your helpful responses (I have yet to figure out how to put multiple quotes in my response, so forgive me!)........It's not exactly thrilling to know my bag might fade to a green color, to be honest....but I had a beautiful, high quality black leather jacket once that I wore so often and loved so much, the edges/arms of the sleeve turned green and I STILL wore that thing. lol. (Eventually, it got too green and I had to let go!)......

Beauxgoris, I think it's interesting/funny that you saw someone post a bag as green when it was really black....at least they were being honest?! :giggles:

Thank you all for your helpful responses (I have yet to figure out how to put multiple quotes in my response, so forgive me!)........It's not exactly thrilling to know my bag might fade to a green color, to be honest....but I had a beautiful, high quality black leather jacket once that I wore so often and loved so much, the edges/arms of the sleeve turned green and I STILL wore that thing. lol. (Eventually, it got too green and I had to let go!)......

Beauxgoris, I think it's interesting/funny that you saw someone post a bag as green when it was really black....at least they were being honest?! :giggles:

^^I honestly don't think they knew any better. It seemed like one of those sellers that sells other peoples stuff - so far from expert on bals. I checked the tag and color options for that whole year and realized it was a not green as the seller thought, but a faded black. Oops! Someone ended up buying it - so I guess they wanted a green bag! :roflmfao:

^^I honestly don't think they knew any better. It seemed like one of those sellers that sells other peoples stuff - so far from expert on bals. I checked the tag and color options for that whole year and realized it was a not green as the seller thought, but a faded black. Oops! Someone ended up buying it - so I guess they wanted a green bag! :roflmfao:

I love that you were looking at the auction site of the bag you were referencing while posting this and saw it go. And incorporated that into the post. Mega predatory multitasker!

I love that you were looking at the auction site of the bag you were referencing while posting this and saw it go. And incorporated that into the post. Mega predatory multitasker!

The funny thing is I only noticed the bag because I've always contemplated buying a green bal. So I thought - great, I should check this one out. Then of course I realized after I was trying to figure out what season it was - that it was actually black. What a bummer!

is this related to specific leathers (Lamb?) or true for any Bal bag? I was thinking about getting a papier which is soft calf in black, just wondering if it would fade the same way?