The Chic Popincourt Club!!

View attachment 1934182

My 6 year old PH with a tan patina. She has seen alot of sun rain and wear! The brass orbs and zipper still look good and thankfully they are solid brass not plated nickel like how the SLGs are lately.

Looks amazing! PH is my favorite mono bag! I just saw a woman at the mall this week with the PH. I need to pull mine out. I don't think she has seen the light in 2012!

Thanks ladies! She is my workhorse and does it well! Clu13, definitely take her out.. She's a bag that looks better with age and wear; it fits well against her structured look to be slightly worn.

swtocean said:
Yay, I'm in the club. I got mine preloved a few weeks ago and I love her. The previous owner took really good care of her. Maybe it's just me but I'm amazed at how smooth the zipper pull is compare to my speedy. One of the reason why I decided to purchesed the popincourt haut is that I think it looks really well and perfect with a two pice suit.

Can you post pictures of inside please? Where is the date code in this bag? I am planning to buy used, I want to make sure that I am not buying fake :sad:
Thanks.

Finally brought out the PH - love this little bag that holds so much. I like big bags but there is something so ladylike about a little handbag.

Attachments

• image-3887068919.jpg
    image-3887068919.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 557
Definitely an underrated bag! Love it - post some pictures when the weather gets better.

Here she is!!! Weather is still kinda weird. Sun, rain and wind all on the same day but it's about time PH comes out to play. It really is a great little bag.

Attachments

• poppincourt.JPG
    poppincourt.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 473
Here she is!!! Weather is still kinda weird. Sun, rain and wind all on the same day but it's about time PH comes out to play. It really is a great little bag.

Love that patina! Honestly, I do not love a lot of mono bags. Although mono is a classic, I feel like so any bags are "too fashionable" and look busy to me. I think that is why I love the PH - so simple, classic triangle shape, a true LV handbag!

The Popincourt was my very first LV bag and I haven't used it in years and have actually been thinking of selling it. My second purchase was the Rosewood bag which is my absolute favorite. I just picked up a Damier Ebene Galliera bag preloved which may turn out to be my new favorite.

Not much love for the Popincort and I am guilty of it too. But I took my PH on vacation this weekend to Charleston. The weather is lovely and the bag is light and easy. I can't stand huge bags at bars and restaurants but I also need to be able to carry what I need. I love a crossbody for day, but they just look too casual for fine dining. The PH just seems perfect to me. And chances are, no one else will be carrying one.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1423326720.977045.jpg

Not much love for the Popincort and I am guilty of it too. But I took my PH on vacation this weekend to Charleston. The weather is lovely and the bag is light and easy. I can't stand huge bags at bars and restaurants but I also need to be able to carry what I need. I love a crossbody for day, but they just look too casual for fine dining. The PH just seems perfect to me. And chances are, no one else will be carrying one.

View attachment 2887535
It looks very nice, and enjoy the weather! This is a bag I seldom see anymore, now that you mention it. I bought it when it was first released, but it's one of the bags I eventually sold. I do like the shape of the bag.

It looks very nice, and enjoy the weather! This is a bag I seldom see anymore, now that you mention it. I bought it when it was first released, but it's one of the bags I eventually sold. I do like the shape of the bag.

Thank you! I have debated selling but I just can't do it. Plus, they are not fetching a good price - I always tell people who are afraid of buying their first LV or cannot afford new that the PH is a very underrated and reasonably priced bag, even at the boutique before it was retired ($1000 for a bag seems like a steal in 2015) I have significantly reduced my mono bag collection, but the PH occupies a special place in my heart.