Suggestions for bag strong enough for a gun, big wad of cash and overnight clothing.

maxxout

O.G.
Mar 27, 2010
I wish this was for me, but I am not even close to being this cool.

I was asked by a male friend to help pick out a bag for “someone special”. This bag is for a woman.

Here are the requirements:

- medium to large
- shoulder bag
- multiple compartments
- utilitarian while being feminine
- black leather
- able to handle weight
She handles large quantities of cash (full bank bags) and packs a gun
- strong (as in the straps are attached securely)
- durable (secure stitching and regular to thick leather)
- quality lining
- also double as an overnight bag
- price: under 1,000. But he was looking at Coach so probably really under
600.00 would be ideal.

Now, I don’t know who this woman is or what she is up to……….......................
but I think I want her life.

In his words: Could also double as an overnight bag, so could hold a full bank bag, a pistol and a pair of panties ; )

Any and all suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you. This is the only real place to come with this kind of question.

Forgot to mention...it needs to look cool. Maybe on the plain side...no logos, nice leather.

Last edited:
Hey guys...I posted this in the main section but thought I would post here too as some of you know me. They might think I'm some kind of crackpot with this title and blow me off. But you guys know I'm not a crackpot (that's and olden days term and not really about crack). Ok maybe I am a crackpot, but you know I'm a serious one and this is a real ISO.
Also...NOT looking for Balenciaga. But you guys buy all kinds of bags, right?

I wish this was for me, but I am not even close to being this cool.

I was asked by a male friend to help pick out a bag for “someone special”. This bag is for a woman.

Here are the requirements:

- medium to large
- multiple compartments
- utilitarian while being feminine
- black leather
- able to handle weight
She handles large quantities of cash (full bank bags) and packs a gun
- strong (as in the straps are attached securely)
- durable (secure stitching and regular to thick leather)
- quality lining
- also double as an overnight bag
- price: under 1,000. But he was looking at Coach so probably really under
600.00 would be ideal.

Now, I don’t know who this woman is or what she is up to……….......................
but I think I want her life.

In his words: Could also double as an overnight bag, so could hold a full bank bag, a pistol and a pair of panties ; )

Any and all suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you. This is the only real place to come with this kind of question.

Forgot to mention...it needs to look cool. Maybe on the plain side...no logos, nice leather.

I'm sorry maxx, I have no suggestions, but absolutely love this thread! Most entertaining one I have ever read during my time on tPF. Kudos!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I love TUMI products. They're well made, and have some of the best warranties out there.

If I were you friend, I'd go with this. I prefer the beige, but the black works too. I'd also get an extra strap (they sell them), make it a cross-body and call it a day.

It's very chic, large enough for her needs (H:12.1x W:18.5x D: 8.75), leather, and just looks hot!

Only thing is, it's $895. With the extra strap, it would be closer to 1k.

I tried but couldn't find anything at, or around 600 that was also a quality bag.

Attachments

• tumi in beig.jpg
    tumi in beig.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 620
  • tumi in black.jpg
    tumi in black.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 624
Coach Large Borough. Thought they had a weekend Borough but couldn't find it anymore.

I think for a woman who is used to seeing a lot of cash he should spend more and get her an LV Sofia Coppola or Saint Laurent Sac De Jour. :sneaky:

Last edited:
That is a fantastic bag! So cool. Geez .....I want it. Thank you.

Mega cool. I forgot to add that she wanted a shoulder bag. ( I just added that to the list) But I think she would like a cross-body.

BPC...thanks for recommending this bag. My luggage is Tumi and couldn't agree more with what you say.

Coach Large Borough. Thought they had a weekend Borough but couldn't find it anymore.

I think for a woman who is used to seeing a lot of cash he should spend more and get her an LV Sofia Coppola or Saint Laurent Sac De Jour. :sneaky:

You've got a good point. I will look these up and send him pics and prices.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm such a Bal fanatic, I have to look up other bags....geez .

Disclaimer: I love TUMI products. They're well made, and have some of the best warranties out there.

If I were you friend, I'd go with this. I prefer the beige, but the black works too. I'd also get an extra strap (they sell them), make it a cross-body and call it a day.

It's very chic, large enough for her needs (H:12.1x W:18.5x D: 8.75), leather, and just looks hot!

Only thing is, it's $895. With the extra strap, it would be closer to 1k.

I tried but couldn't find anything at, or around 600 that was also a quality bag.

Looked on their site but couldn't find this. Do you know the name of this bag?

Is this woman a murderer or something?!

I am dedicated to the idea that she is a spy, possibly a double agent, the head of a drug cartel or a high stakes gambler. I would also like to put her in the late 1960's, perhaps British.
Dark hair, dark eyes, questionable teeth.

Let's not consider that she might be a security guard or a very frustrated grade school teacher.

Now that is a thread title :biggrin: haha I am intrigued by this woman and also a little scared :P

Since it's a gift, does it have to be somewhat brand recognizable? if it's just about quality, etc, how about something from this OpelleCreative on etsy? https://www.etsy.com/shop/opellecreative - they handcraft their bags in-house in Toronto with italian leather, have had my eye on a few of their bags but haven't found the occasion yet...

This is my favorite but might be a smidge small for her needs at 9x13x5
https://www.etsy.com/listing/189238497/soft-leather-bag-opelle-liria-bag-in
il_570xN601116991_qfrb_zps9d10a933.jpg

My other like (i love their tassels!): https://www.etsy.com/listing/110223417/soft-leather-handbag-opelle-ballet-bag
Height 11”/ 28 cm
Width 13”/ 33 cm (at the widest point)
Depth 6” / 16 cm

il_570xN601317863_bq1p_zps63a0f282.jpg

And I think this is their largest bag at 15.5x19.5x4
https://www.etsy.com/listing/98423075/black-leather-bag-opelle-lotus-weekender
too deep for my taste and magnetic vs zipper closure

I especially like the pockets on the outside - easy gun access eh? - and the best part is sub $500 price tag :graucho: (splurge wise would totally go for Givenchy Antingona)