Aquatalia

I bought a pair last winter at Nordie's Rack--knee high waterproof suede with a small wedge--and they haven't really left my feet since December. I've been warm and dry all winter thanks to these boots. Plus, they work for slightly more dressy attire. And to shovel snow.

My only regret is that I didn't buy a pair years ago.

You actually have ME looking at the Sweetness size 11 now (my size). It's not quite my usual style so I never gave it a good look before.

This board can be for any discussion on Aquatalia, BTW. I didn't see a general board for it so I just started one. I'm a huge Aquatalia fan, for now, lol. Who knows who I'll be into next year!
My avatar is the Roam. I currently own Rhumba in black (crazy sale at L&T!), Riley in brown, Utopia2 (my everyday shoe!) in lovely navy, and a black Orso. Not sure what I'm getting next. Is there any one that I NEED?

Last edited:
a friend told me she did europe in these, are they actually that comfortable? She has the Roma but i like the roam better. Does the comfort vary between styles or is it something that they do to their shoes that make them that way?

^^ Yes! They are definitely comfortable. All of the pairs I own have the patented Poron footbed padding. Even my tallest pair (Rhumba) feels like it's cradling my feet. So comfy!!! I think most of the boots use the Poron material. These boots/booties are warm as well as weatherproof--even the suede.

I just got the Harvards yesterday:

http://aquatalia.com/aquatalia-collection/booties/harvard-black-calf-with-suede.html

I went into Nordstrom to try on the rockstud booties and the SA told me all about how these were made. She said hers last for years and that's how I justified the price. (The triple reward points helped too. :P) I wear black booties all the time in fall/winter.

My first pair of designer shoes!

EDIT: They seemed narrow to me. I sized up a full size! But I like to wear a no-show sock.

Just noticed the zipper pulls make noise when I walk. I may have to find a way to cushion the noise. :shrugs:

If I wear my jeans legs over the zipper pulls, they don't click when I walk. That will work for me. :smile:

Last edited:
Congrats, Jesssh!!! I showed a picture of these to my sister at Harvard last month and she loved them. ("Oooh that's cute! Nice winter bootie!")

Awesome! Triple Points through Sunday!! I just posted my collection in the "Let's see your shoes!!" sticky and noticed they have that classic look so should be able to rock these styles for years to come.

About being narrow, I've seen people returning their boot if they have a wide foot, so yes they can run narrow. The 'G' family (i.e. Geneva, Gutsy, etc.) I was told runs a little wider than say the 'F' (Finn, Fleur, etc.) family. So you'll find that your fit will be pretty consistent in the same family 'cause they're made with the same last.

Enjoy your fashionable, timeless, comfortable Aquatalia's!!!

Oh, and the zipper pull. My Riley's do that. I can snap it into place on its side and it stays quiet.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Attachments

• turn zip.jpg
    turn zip.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,203
Last edited:
I just purchased the Sherry boot in brown. The mix of leather and suede is so luxe! The pair that I originally ordered from Aquatalia.com were a bit damaged, but I found a pair at Saks that were perfect!

Congrats, Jesssh!!! I showed a picture of these to my sister at Harvard last month and she loved them. ("Oooh that's cute! Nice winter bootie!")

Awesome! Triple Points through Sunday!! I just posted my collection in the "Let's see your shoes!!" sticky and noticed they have that classic look so should be able to rock these styles for years to come.

About being narrow, I've seen people returning their boot if they have a wide foot, so yes they can run narrow. The 'G' family (i.e. Geneva, Gutsy, etc.) I was told runs a little wider than say the 'F' (Finn, Fleur, etc.) family. So you'll find that your fit will be pretty consistent in the same family 'cause they're made with the same last.

Enjoy your fashionable, timeless, comfortable Aquatalia's!!!

Oh, and the zipper pull. My Riley's do that. I can snap it into place on its side and it stays quiet.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Thanks! And thanks for the tip! Much happier now. :smile:

Yikes! Already bought a second pair! These are motos from a previous season I guess. NM Last Call had them for $218 down from $450 retail, I think. The box says "SWEET3" - they look like Sweet but no zipper.

My first pair of moto boots! The leather is TDF: black antique calf. I'm hoping that they'll just look better with age and a few more scratches. These will be a nice alternative to wedge sneakers when I need to do a lot of walking and look cute.

I got these in an 8, and I got the Harvards in a 9-1/2! :confused1:

NM Last Call is a dangerous place for me. :-s