Aquatalia

I love this brand!!! So happy to see a thread started on these.
I have VaVoom in black. black croc with double zipper on outside and 1 zipper on inside of leg. Earlier this summer I found a shorter verson of VaVoom in black and a dark gray patient short boot. Both were found a resale shop so I don't know their names.
I would to get Rumba later.
Not only are they absolutely beautiful but run slim- which is great for me. Because most dressy boots are way too big in the calf.
they fit great around the calf- still have room for pants and jeans to be tucked it.

I ordered the taupe suede/leather roma booties off hautelook. I'm guessing they are from last season. Hope they fit - they are a size 9. My others are 9.5 and my moto booties are 8. I tried to order 8.5 but they went on hold for someone else before I could finish checkout. I blame the web site. :sad:

Oh well, if it was meant to be, they'll fit. I like to wear socks so that might help. :shrugs:

I hope they are more gray than brown....

If I keep them, they'll be my 3rd pair. Yikes!

But if they last years, I'll be set on booties for awhile. It will be nice not to have to worry about them.

^^Roma is hot! I'm looking but haven't yet bought the chocolate suede. I think I have to have Gilead, tho:

Attachments

• Gilead.jpg
    Gilead.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,106
Last edited:
^^Roma is hot! I'm looking but haven't yet bought the chocolate suede. I think I have to have Gilead, tho:

So pretty!

I don't think they make tall boots wide enough for my calves. It's ok, less temptation.

The romas arrived today (that was QUICK!) and they are GORGEOUS. And perfect. Perfect size, perfect taupe gray color, perfect heel (stacked, not covered :tup:).

This is a dangerous habit you all are encouraging. Italian leather boots. Argh! They really ARE much nicer than my others. At least if they last, I should not need to buy more for a while - my collection of black moto, black heel and taupe heel booties should go with everything, right?

Congrats, Jesssh!!! I showed a picture of these to my sister at Harvard last month and she loved them. ("Oooh that's cute! Nice winter bootie!")

Awesome! Triple Points through Sunday!! I just posted my collection in the "Let's see your shoes!!" sticky and noticed they have that classic look so should be able to rock these styles for years to come.

About being narrow, I've seen people returning their boot if they have a wide foot, so yes they can run narrow. The 'G' family (i.e. Geneva, Gutsy, etc.) I was told runs a little wider than say the 'F' (Finn, Fleur, etc.) family. So you'll find that your fit will be pretty consistent in the same family 'cause they're made with the same last.

Enjoy your fashionable, timeless, comfortable Aquatalia's!!!

Oh, and the zipper pull. My Riley's do that. I can snap it into place on its side and it stays quiet.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Hi! I'm new to Aquatalia (and the shoe forums, actually!) - could you elaborate more about these "families?" Is there a new family each season?

I live in Seattle and need a pair of cute shoes that can withstand the rain (emphasis on cute). I've always wanted to get a pair of Aquatalia's b/c of their weatherproofing, but they're expensive! I got super lucky at NR's Clear the Racks yesterday and got a pair for $112. There was no box but I believe they are the Fabulous booties. I'm super psyched to have a cute shoe I can wear when it rains, and now I have a pair of booties too to round out my wardrobe for the season.

Hi! I'm new to Aquatalia (and the shoe forums, actually!) - could you elaborate more about these "families?" Is there a new family each season?

I live in Seattle and need a pair of cute shoes that can withstand the rain (emphasis on cute). I've always wanted to get a pair of Aquatalia's b/c of their weatherproofing, but they're expensive! I got super lucky at NR's Clear the Racks yesterday and got a pair for $112. There was no box but I believe they are the Fabulous booties. I'm super psyched to have a cute shoe I can wear when it rains, and now I have a pair of booties too to round out my wardrobe for the season.
Hi klynneann!
So if the shoe begins with 'S' it will fit like the other 'S' boots and that is season to season. So the 'U' boots run small for me so I would have to go up a size. But any 'R' boot fits me true to size. As do the 'O' boots.

So pretty!

I don't think they make tall boots wide enough for my calves. It's ok, less temptation.

The romas arrived today (that was QUICK!) and they are GORGEOUS. And perfect. Perfect size, perfect taupe gray color, perfect heel (stacked, not covered :tup:).

This is a dangerous habit you all are encouraging. Italian leather boots. Argh! They really ARE much nicer than my others. At least if they last, I should not need to buy more for a while - my collection of black moto, black heel and taupe heel booties should go with everything, right?
So this is one of the things that I love about Aquatalia. They go on sale and they can go on sale deep! Especially this summer before the 2014 boots came out, they were heavily discounted on sites like Amazon.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Hi klynneann!
So if the shoe begins with 'S' it will fit like the other 'S' boots and that is season to season. So the 'U' boots run small for me so I would have to go up a size. But any 'R' boot fits me true to size. As do the 'O' boots.

Thanks TG! It sounds like I'll have to do some exploring to see what fits me best, but at least I know the 'F's are good. It's a start!

I only own one pair of Aquatalia boots, the Minnow style, and I love them! Tall black suede boot and totally water proof! Not to mention they are extremely comfortable :smile:

I bought my first pair of Aquatalia boots yesterday. I bought the Oralie riding boots. I love them so far. They are a touch snug in the calf and I am hoping it will stretch out a little. I am not sure if it will though since the back of the boot has elastic. Do you think a cobbler could stretch it out some? I only need about 1/2 inch to make them more comfy and not struggle to get my pants tucked in.

Hi jiffer! Oh my, I'm hardly over here anymore! Hmm, the elastic is supposed to have a nice stretch to it. In fact, the elastic on my Orso stretches 3 more inches; I was wondering if the Oralie has a different material, but they both say "elastic back panel." And you are zipping them after your pant is in place?

Hi there! I have just tried on aquatalia rhumba in suede at the mall and absolutely love it! I see that rhumba comes in nappa leather as well online. Has anyone of you tried the leather rhumba? Is it as good as the suede one? Does it feel as snug around the ankle? Thanks!!

I absolutely love my black suede Rhumba but, no, I haven't really looked at the leather ones. Did you see the silver leather ones celebrating 20 years? You'll probably still have gaping at the ankle; I have terribly skinny ankles so I've learned to like the look, rather than worry about it. Maybe someone can chime in who has tried the leather ones...