Thoughts on the New Signature Linings: Yay or Nay

It's hard to tell from the photo, but IMO it looks a little cheap for such an otherwise classy bag. I'm sure it wont be a deal breaker for me, but I'm not crazy about it.

I saw it today and it doesn't bother me. Especially some of the bags I saw it in. The bags are nice! They have a different look between the leather, the lining, and hardware. So the C's lining doesn't bother me. Also, I never saw it the first time around so it's all new to me. I prefer an understated logo exterior, very subtle, so the modern signature on the inside seems almost elevated to me.

Wow, I'm late to the game on this one. Lol. I'm not liking these linings. They just don't fit the look of the bag. The outside of the bag is a nice elegant leather and the inside is a cheap looking lining that resembles a Foach bag? I don't understand the changes that Coach is making right now. I know they want to elevate their brand but I think they're going in the wrong direction.

I totally agree. I wish MK would also have better linings. Sad to see that Coach is doing this.

I agree with you about the MK linings! I've always thought the coach ones were nicer. I'm disappointed that Coach is moving to this. There is something so luxurious about opening a bag and having that shiny, glossy lining in a wonderful color in there. (for example I have an olive Abigail that has a peacock blue lining - its lovely) I feel the signature linings look a little cheap and my bags look cluttered enough with all my junk in them. However, It won't be a deal breaker for me….I'll still buy 'em!

I agree with you about the MK linings! I've always thought the coach ones were nicer. I'm disappointed that Coach is moving to this. There is something so luxurious about opening a bag and having that shiny, glossy lining in a wonderful color in there. (for example I have an olive Abigail that has a peacock blue lining - its lovely) I feel the signature linings look a little cheap and my bags look cluttered enough with all my junk in them. However, It won't be a deal breaker for me….I'll still buy 'em!

That peacock blue lining is my absolute favorite Coach lining. I also like the purple and I have a Steel Sabrina with a hot pink lining which is really pretty. I think it adds something to that bag not having a plain tan lining

I saw it today and it doesn't bother me. Especially some of the bags I saw it in. The bags are nice! They have a different look between the leather, the lining, and hardware. So the C's lining doesn't bother me. Also, I never saw it the first time around so it's all new to me. I prefer an understated logo exterior, very subtle, so the modern signature on the inside seems almost elevated to me.
Well, you and I might be the only two that feel this way but I was just so happy to see the elevation of the designs and the real hardware and not an inked stamp that will wear off that the siggy lining doesn't really bother me; however it did all the others who were with me so I guess it's taste. I clean bags for folks and can tell you that trying to get makeup out of a pastel satin lining is a tough deal whereas this brown/black/olive etc. cross being twill and synthetic might be a lot easier not to mention you won't see so many of the stains. Yes, I do remember my first gorgeous lining and it was ultra special but the upkeep is very hard even for me and I baby my bags. So lining is much less important than the design, quality, hardware of the bag. I am truly in love with the new designs and leather. I am a bit concerned about the thickness or lack thereof of the new leather - time will tell. Not sure if this new round is Stuart's work or just the end of the old regime with his influence? I'm talking about the Carlyle, Smythe and Madison (olive) which I love, love, love.

Here is a picture for those who have not seen an example . It would not necessarily be a deal breaker for me if I LOVED a bag. But I would be a bit bummed to learn a bag I loved had this lining instead of hoping for something fun and vibrant. Just surprised the new designer is going old school with this
Saw this yesterday - fabulous bag isn't it?!! I like the new leather - looks more elevated. What was your take?

I was just so happy to see the elevation of the designs and the real hardware and not an inked stamp that will wear off.

I am very happy about this too!

Saw this yesterday - fabulous bag isn't it?!! I like the new leather - looks more elevated. What was your take?

I have not seen the new bags in person yet. When you say elevated do you mean richer and classier?