Thoughts on the New Signature Linings: Yay or Nay

Well, you and I might be the only two that feel this way but I was just so happy to see the elevation of the designs and the real hardware and not an inked stamp that will wear off that the siggy lining doesn't really bother me; however it did all the others who were with me so I guess it's taste. I clean bags for folks and can tell you that trying to get makeup out of a pastel satin lining is a tough deal whereas this brown/black/olive etc. cross being twill and synthetic might be a lot easier not to mention you won't see so many of the stains. Yes, I do remember my first gorgeous lining and it was ultra special but the upkeep is very hard even for me and I baby my bags. So lining is much less important than the design, quality, hardware of the bag. I am truly in love with the new designs and leather. I am a bit concerned about the thickness or lack thereof of the new leather - time will tell. Not sure if this new round is Stuart's work or just the end of the old regime with his influence? I'm talking about the Carlyle, Smythe and Madison (olive) which I love, love, love.

I love the new bags coming in the next floor set too. I've heard - re: the design - that it's the 'end of the regime' but with his influence, which is apparent! I am really looking forward to his full-fledged debut with the August floor set!!

I am very happy about this too!

I have not seen the new bags in person yet. When you say elevated do you mean richer and classier?

Yes, stitching and seam detail is more thought out, more emphasis on design and detail. I love how he is using the Coach turn lock to go into the future. They just need to make sure it is well constructed. I love the olive Madison Triple Turnlock Bag - it is clearly an example of this!

Yes, stitching and seam detail is more thought out, more emphasis on design and detail. I love how he is using the Coach turn lock to go into the future. They just need to make sure it is well constructed. I love the olive Madison Triple Turnlock Bag - it is clearly an example of this!

The lining is nice. It really doesn't bother me. Much more forgiving than purple satin and I can only speak for the Carlyle, but it is very well constructed. Leather is soft and substantial, but not heavy. The hardware is smooth and well constructed. This bag does not feel flimsy in any way. It reminds me of why I fell in love with Coach...good bones!! They sacrificed that for awhile with color and bling (which I love as well). The construction of this bag makes you think without a doubt that you will still have this bag many years from now. So the lining, in my opinion, mirrors the craftsmanship. It is designed to withstand many years of use.

I don't care of the C's on the outside and have never bought anything for myself with initials. However, I do like the lining except it's dark but I'll deal with it if I like the gag well enough.

I'm not a huge fan, however the plain tan linings lately have me bored and are so blah I might like the siggy over the tan. I like the colorful satin ones like the bright pink inside steel sabrina, legacy stripe, tattersall, blue inside black, light pink in the parchment bags- remember the green inside the mahogany Madison bags? Where are these pretty linings they make me happy!

I'm not a huge fan, however the plain tan linings lately have me bored and are so blah I might like the siggy over the tan. I like the colorful satin ones like the bright pink inside steel sabrina, legacy stripe, tattersall, blue inside black, light pink in the parchment bags- remember the green inside the mahogany Madison bags? Where are these pretty linings they make me happy!

I remember the Tatterstall. It was my favorite lining. Remember the striped Legacy lining too? That was the good stuff. I wish they would bring back the Coach of 5ish years ago. That, for me, was the high point. I collected so many bags back then. I stupidly sold off most of my bags from that time period because I never used them; now I'm kicking myself for giving them the heave ho.

Me, too, I love bright, colorful satin linings! I thought the endless tan was pretty boring but I guess I got used to it. I bought a wristlet in Rose Petal at Macy's this past weekend but I can't get past the new lining, so I think she's going back. TBH it would be good for my wallet to take a break :smile: