The pink predicament

Very true about not feeding into popular opinion! I value tpfer's assessment greatly and appreciate the vast number of pictures being posted since my schedule did not allow me to view them in person.

I am normally drawn to both patents and lambs but lambs seemed to be getting more "votes", so to speak. However, when I have finally decided to get myself a flap in the medium size, the puffier quilts on a lamb flap is what drawn me in getting it in lamb!

Of course I could not stop thinking about the patent and I ended up getting the patent fuchsia in the WOC as well. I'm not concerned about color transfers since I've had really good runs with Chanel patents, flaps or not. Patent in a woc works out better for me because of its durability since I will be wearing it as a crossbody purse/clutch.

Glad to hear that patent is pretty durable as a crossbody.....that is a factor for me as well....

I haven't thought of it in terms of color tones! I just like what I saw in both!:lol:

I'm probably a minority though but true red flaps do not tempt me in general, I'm not a red color person but dark pinks are one of my favorite colors! I love coral/orange toned reds, fuchsia pinks but not hot pink or baby pinks. I'm very picky when it comes to pinks and Chanel made it right, twice in a single season! I agree patent does look a bit like candy watermelon, a very accurate description!:tup:

I'll ask everyone this time....View attachment 2570445

Narrowing ********'s comparison pic....

For those of you who have seen the fuchsias in patent and lamb....

Since the patent has a blue-ish undertone.... Would you say that the fuchsia patent would appeal more to the blue lovers (cooler toned) crowd? Conversely, would you believe the bright fuchsia on the lamb is more appealing to the reds/orange (warmer toned) loving crowds? Anyone can chime in.... I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Absolutely! Since my WOCs gets "handled" a lot more than my flaps (shoulder carry), I need it in patent! I chose my clutch flap with a chain in patent for this very reason as well.

After deliberating and agonizing over the colors/sizes/leather, I'd say I came to the following conclusion in terms of size/leather.
Maxi/jumbo flaps: patent because they exude more casual and carefree vibes
Medium flap: lamb because of the puffy quilts and of the elegant/classic size
Mini flap: patent because of the crossbody use. Lamb may get transfers more easily than patent through use.
Woc: patent, same reason as mini flap
boy: patent or lamb as the style compliments the leathers equally.

Glad to hear that patent is pretty durable as a crossbody.....that is a factor for me as well....

Absolutely! Since my WOCs gets "handled" a lot more than my flaps (shoulder carry), I need it in patent! I chose my clutch flap with a chain in patent for this very reason as well.

After deliberating and agonizing over the colors/sizes/leather, I'd say I came to the following conclusion in terms of size/leather.
Mini flap: patent because of the crossbody use. Lamb may get transfers more easily than patent through use.
boy: patent or lamb as the style compliments the leathers equally.

No caviar for bluekit?

I hesitated, rationalized, analyzed and reconfigured every possible combination of the pink classics, to see if there was any way to get away with owning just one...

But m/l lamskin was simply tooooooo perfect in every way for me to forgo and a patent jumbo would be perfect by day (in an all pink world)

So sitting a million miles away I had my SA have one delivered to my home, I had to have DH give it the preliminary inspection (for obvious flaws), (over face time of course, hehe) and leave it waiting in the study for me...

I LOVE your pics and how dedicated you are (Face time inspection lol!) I amtorn between the 2 as well and will prob decide on getting only 1. I do love both colors I wish the lamb was maybe just a tad darker and or had that blue undertone as many have noted in the patent so that way they would be closer to each other in the realm of the fuchsianess :smile:

I'll ask everyone this time....View attachment 2570445

Narrowing ********'s comparison pic....

For those of you who have seen the fuchsias in patent and lamb....

Since the patent has a blue-ish undertone.... Would you say that the fuchsia patent would appeal more to the blue lovers (cooler toned) crowd? Conversely, would you believe the bright fuchsia on the lamb is more appealing to the reds/orange (warmer toned) loving crowds? Anyone can chime in.... I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Yes the patent is for sure a bluer I would say purple pink and that's why I love it so! My ultimate favorite color is a purple pink because it combines my 2 favorite colors into 1! Why cant we have that color!!!!!

Hi ladies, sorry to chime in but wanted to voice my love for the patent! I'm probly in the minority but here are my reasons why...

I agree with bluekit... Since I will be using my woc or minis crossbody, there is a lot more friction. I have a mini in lamb and caviar. I have a woc in caviar. My mini in lamb seems more delicate? It looks fine from use but I am careful with it. I've had numerous times knocking it into doors or walls. Maybe it's cuz I'm clumsy but why my second mini is in caviar.

Because of that this time I'm stocking up on patent WOCs. Lol! I also like the patent look better this time for fuschia than lamb because the lamb is too saturated of a color. Too hot pink for me but patent tones it down. I don't put emphasis on how puffy the quilts are but at least in woc, I don't think there is much difference.

I want a pop of color but not worry if it might look too "young" in a few years. I got the fuschia and blue patent wocs this season. Super excited to start using.

Good luck with ur decisions ladies!

when I saw lamb I knew it was it for me. But then pictures of patent came flooding so I thought to myself maybe I should look at it just to be sure. the thought of buying both to ship to me so I can see them both IRL has crossed my mind. but I wanted them both shipped at the same time or otherwise I don't want to hang on to one bag for a while and ended up STUCK with it in case the other one get held up. Since both are not available at the same time, I decided to stick to my original decision and jump on the lamb, forget about the patent and move on... there are already some tough decision on colors - blue, yellow, orange, light pink? and I don't want to add another on top of all of that.

I haven't received my lamb yet... (it will be here this week for sure) but I am hoping it will be love at first sight.

H-Angel it absolutely will be...what size are you getting in this beauty?:smile:

Gorgeous pics! This is definitely a hard color to capture. Even after seeing countless pictures posted on tpf, it was still not like seeing it in front of me when the bags arrived.

For me, the lambs arrived first and I had actually lost my first lamb woc within a matter of minutes (the reserve list hasn't been created at that point) and midway through my communication with my SA. I knew I had to jump as soon as the next came in.

Thanks so much my friend, glad you like the pics :balloon:...bluekit I couldn't agree more, there is an 'UNPHOTOGRAHIC' quality to these shades of fUCHSIA. To truly capture the essence and the differences, they must be seen in person :love:

Yes with the craziness of this frenzy to get the bags ASAP by the SA's, it's imperative to get these items before they are sold out... but at the same time we need to figure out what it is we love vs not feeding into what popular opinion is.... So it's very hard to come to a decision on your own unless you know exactly what you love or see for yourself....

Hello ********!

I'm so glad that you started this thread! And of course you've titled this conundrum perfectly!

Here is my cut and paste below from the "other" thread. (Not sure if I am doing any of this correctly btw, since I am a total Luddite, so it may end up looking really wonky!)

Originally Posted by Escala
I received "the call" yesterday morning from my Saks SA letting me know that my fuchsia lamb mini had FINALLY arrived. However, I decided to pass on it and I have no regrets.

In fact, I'm kind of glad that it took this long to arrive. Because had it arrived earlier in the season, I would have purchased it immediately and I wouldn't have looked back. But because it took so long, I purchased the Patent Fuchsia in the meantime, something I never would have even considered doing since all my Chanels are lamb or caviar. Patent wasn't even on my radar! However, when I saw the Patent Fuchsia next to the Fuchsia Lamb, I discovered that I much preferred the Patent. It just looked more "special" to me (maybe because of the shine?), but I know for a fact that I LOVED the slight blue undertone! It just seems to suit my skin tone better (I've always favoured reds with a blue undertone too). I also feel like the blue undertone makes this bag a lot easier to match with shoes based on my observation of the fuchsia shoes available this season from various designers which also appear to have a blue undertone. But the clincher for me was when I brought my patent fuchsia home, I noticed that it really complemented all the colours in my wardrobe and looks particularly nice with anything navy blue (thanks to the blue undertone!)

Anyway, the only thing that caused me to doubt myself at any point was the fact that EVERYONE on TPF was raving about the Fuchsia Lamb. So, when I finally saw it in person, I was kind of disappointed to be truthful and I started to question myself and wonder why I wasn't loving this Fuchsia Lamb like everyone else? To me, it looked better (darker & more saturated) in the photos than in real life which is probably why I was disappointed. Furthermore, just as you have pointed out, the leather didn't seam as soft or luxurious. It felt like it had been treated with a coating of some sort that gave it a very matte appearance which I wasn't crazy about. The Fuchsia Patent, on the other hand, was a pleasant surprise and much prettier than any of the photos that I had seen.

So, I think it's a good idea for you to see the Fuchsia Patent in person if you can.

The lamb is pretty too and had I not seen the patent next to it, I probably would have purchased the lamb and been perfectly happy.

So, there is really no wrong decision here. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Best of luck with your decision!

Originally Posted by Escala
I am glad to hear that ******** will be weighing in on this discussion later today.

The fact that it is so difficult to choose between the patent and the lamb, tells me that both are pretty in their own way and wouldn't our lives be so much easier if one of them was just plain ugly?

Oh well, these are what my husband likes to refer to as "first world or one percent problems."

I too had the same concerns regarding patent colour transfer and the lack of ability to refurbish it. However, they were allayed after I reached out to Nadineluv who owns patent minis and described them as "very worry free."

So, in terms of overall durability, I think the patent fuchsia will look newer for longer than the lamb. This is kind of important to me because I am a bit of a freak when it comes to my Chanel bags. All of mine look brand new which can sometimes be a problem because my husband will often ask if I just bought a new bag and my response typically goes something like this, "Don't you remember when you bought this for me in Paris five years ago?!"

I am very careful to avoid colour transfer with all my bags, caviar or lamb. And although it is not discussed very often on this forum, colour transfer can and DOES occur easily on lambskin.

I realize that in these instances you can have the bag refurbished and re-dyed. However, refurbishing is a pain in the butt and can be costly too. You will be separated from your bag for months and the quality/finish of your lamb may not be the same afterwards, so I would not rely on refurbishing as a "safety net". In my opinion, it's best to exercise care and avoid colour transfer in the first place.

I own several rectangular minis and if you wear them as they are intended (crossbody), over time due to the rubbing against your hip, you will have abrasion wear on the back pocket of the lamb (similar to what happens on the corners of all lamb bags), whereas the coating on patent makes it more resilient to this type of wear.

I'm am usually a silent reader on this forum, but when I noticed that others were struggling just like me to choose between these two pretty options, I figured it was time for me to break my silence and chime in, especially since it looked to me like the patent wasn't getting a lot of love compared to the lamb!

Anyway, I hope this helps!

I think the problem is that ALL the photos so far that show BOTH the Lamb and Patent together are misleading because in the photos the two look quite similar, as if one is just a shiny version of the other. However, in real life the two are VERY different which is why so many are compelled to own both! If they looked as similar as they are portrayed in the photos, you would not be compelled to own both.

In your opinion would you say the fuchsia lamb is the red lovers type of pink and the patent fuchsia more of the blues lovers type of pink?

Your observations are absolutely correct! Despite the photos that we see, there is a distinct difference in the 'TYPE' of pink, or the VIBE that each gives off. The lambskin is definitely a more intense POP of color than the patent.

I guess I'll jump right into what I think: The patent fuchsia is an EASIER pink to assimilate into ones rotation of bags, its just a softer, and a little less dramatic of a pink. I have been using my pink patent non-stop for about a week now. I am still in blacks/greys/reds because no spring in sight, however this patent of mine has managed to stay with me and NOT feel out of place with almost anything I have worn. Its not just the color that has allowed this is also the PATENT FABRICATION that makes it an easy up and go bag. Its a effortless pink, if that makes sense. I dont feel I need to stop and analyze its co-ordination with my outfit.

I am going to take a leap here and call it a NEUTRAL PINK, IN COMPARISON TO THE LAMBSKIN VERSION

Its still bright and vibrant, but somehow easier to work with. This is the very reason I felt I needed THE patent fuchsia in my closet. I know that the m/l lambie would be more of an occasional use bag in comparison to the patent.

In your opinion would you say the fuchsia lamb is the red lovers type of pink and the patent fuchsia more of the blues lovers type of pink?

I totally get what you are saying here, but I don't see a different type of person gravitating more to the lambskin vs the patent because of 'undertone' preference. I think ultimately many factors would go into determination. I see the casual user seeking the patent more than lamb, I also see the mini and WOC as more practical in patent for the obvious reasons discussed before (such rubbing when cross body, more of a casual look, etc)
I absolutely agree with bluekit's breakdown and have purchased many more patent bags in recent days because I find them just SOOOOO easy to use. They always look new and fresh and I personally have not had any transfer issues BUT i do take very good care of my bags. They are all stored well when not in rotation and I never just leave them around...

I QUOTE BLUEKIT:
"After deliberating and agonizing over the colors/sizes/leather, I'd say I came to the following conclusion in terms of size/leather.
boy: patent or lamb as the style compliments the leathers equally."

I must add though that I have bought a few m/l's in patent too as again I find them to be glossy and carefree on nights out with drinks, tight areas etc

I guess I see patent as user friendly in any size, although I would consider lambskin my favorite for m/l (although I even have maxi's in lamb :graucho:)