The Best Man Bag???

cjkuhl

Dec 15, 2009
Hi all!
My husband is finally joining in my love for LV :smile:. He's interested in purchasing his very first & would like a messenger/cross body style bag in classic monogram.
So, my question is for you fellas: which is your favorite/least favorite & why?
Many thanks for any advice!

Does he want something to carry around in the city/work or that can be used to travel? Or both?

For casual use:
Abbesses
Icare
Porte-Document Voyage GM
Torres
Clearence
District
Drake

And Keepall 45 for dual use. :smile:

Does he want something to carry around in the city/work or that can be used to travel? Or both?

For casual use:
Abbesses
Icare
Porte-Document Voyage GM
Torres
Clearence
District
Drake

And Keepall 45 for dual use. :smile:
Thank you for the ideas!
It would definitely be used more as casual bag-work, outings, but not really for travel (yet!).
I was thinking abbesses or district...any pros/cons to either?

Thank you for the ideas!
It would definitely be used more as casual bag-work, outings, but not really for travel (yet!).
I was thinking abbesses or district...any pros/cons to either?

I don't own any of either bags...but they are on top of my wishlist! :P
But one is magnetic flap (District) and one is something...I cannot describe the closure very well. But it has a string hoop to attach to a metal knob. (Abbesses) . :sweatdrop:

Is it strictly the classic Monogram you'r intrested in? There isn't many messengerbags for men to choose from in this particular line. I think Abbesses, Valmy and Icare would be a good choice.

From the other lines, I woukd check out:

-District
-Brooklyn
-Shelton
-Torres
-Tadao pm

Do you know which size he has & how tall your dbf is?
My husband is 6'3", muscular build. He, unfortunately, works ridiculous hours & can't easily get to the boutique to try on different sizes :/

Thank you for the recommendation!

My DBF is around that height as well and medium built. He initially got the District PM which looked absolutely ridiculous on him because it was TOO SMALL! I would suggest going at least a size up to MM, but think it looks best as a GM on taller men.