Woody Allen's daughter details how she was sexually abused by him in the NYT

It seemed so cut and dry to me at first. The man married his step daughter for gods sake. Then I read this http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html Now I am not so sure. The whole Mia Woody relationship thing was so odd. At this point I have decided not to have an opinion on it. I for one am not going to dispute Dylan.

I will just go on disliking Woody because I think his movies suck, and for that reason only.

Yes I read the Daily Beast article too. And the Vanity Fair as well. What's awful is that no matter what it's clear Dylan believes thats what happened and it must be just horrible for her, such torture to see him celebrated and praised. If it is true I keep thinking there must be more girls, for her sake I hope they come forward as well. If its not I can't imagine how he must feel, and his daughters with Soon-Yi. Either way its really a family tragedy for everyone involved.

^^ very interesting article; really does put a lot of doubt into the accusations brought forth by Ronan and Dylan.

I'll admit, I liked some of Woody Allen's movies (ones done long ago); not so much with his latest films. I'm going to stick to the "innocent until proven guilty" on this one ...

Not me. Mia Farrow has so many problems from her own past, I can't help but question the source.

Do you think it's creepy that Mia married Frank Sinatra when she was 21 and he was 50?

Well, it is trivialization at its finest. There is NO cross-correlation whatsoever between Mia Farrow/Frank Sinatra and Woody Allen/Soon Yi(sp?), there was NO child abuse/child manipulation/pedophilia involved, clearly you missed the point greatly.

And btw as messed up as he was also in his relationships with women, Frank Sinatra stayed loyal and threatened to send in his associates (read : Mafia) to break Allen's legs, but Mia Farrow told him not to do such a thing. But the uproar over the split with Allen had the media spiining things around and left Mia's image tarnished irretrievably. Because he is the "genius filmmaker" and Mia Farrow is the bitter woman... Oh.
Not only Mia Farrow has flaws and her relationship with Woddy Allen was a mess, it doesn't undermine by any means that Dylan Farrow was molested. However, Hollywood and the public simply seemed to ignore Mia Farrow "rantings" as that of a scorned woman going through a divorce and other bitterness.
So even if the public didn't initially believe Mia Farrow's accusations, the fact that Woody Allen married Mia's adopted daughter that he also had raised should be a red flag thus like or not, Woody Allen groomed that child into thinking it was ok to have such a twisted relationship and the he rationalized his actions by saying “The only thing unusual is that she's Mia's daughter. But she's an adopted daughter and a grown woman. I could have met her at a party or something." ...
So no, it's not a "fortunate coincidence" as some tried to rationalize it. Not only Woody Allen is sick for sure, but those that support and praise him are just beyond my understanding. So what if he has contributed to films, that doesn't give him the right to be above the law and deprive young children from their human dignity at the expense of his desires and other pulsions.

Generally speaking, people get it twisted when it's convenient. Under any other circumstances, people realize the obvious...artist put themselves into their work. But when they want to defend a pedophile, they want to claim that you can separate the art from the artist. So good on Dylan Farrow calling out those people.

Well, it is trivialization at its finest. There is NO cross-correlation whatsoever between Mia Farrow/Frank Sinatra and Woody Allen/Soon Yi(sp?), there was NO child abuse/child manipulation/pedophilia involved, clearly you missed the point greatly.

And btw as messed up as he was also in his relationships with women, Frank Sinatra stayed loyal and threatened to send in his associates (read : Mafia) to break Allen's legs, but Mia Farrow told him not to do such a thing. But the uproar over the split with Allen had the media spiining things around and left Mia's image tarnished irretrievably. Because he is the "genius filmmaker" and Mia Farrow is the bitter woman... Oh.
Not only Mia Farrow has flaws and her relationship with Woddy Allen was a mess, it doesn't undermine by any means that Dylan Farrow was molested. However, Hollywood and the public simply seemed to ignore Mia Farrow "rantings" as that of a scorned woman going through a divorce and other bitterness.
So even if the public didn't initially believe Mia Farrow's accusations, the fact that Woody Allen married Mia's adopted daughter that he also had raised should be a red flag thus like or not, Woody Allen groomed that child into thinking it was ok to have such a twisted relationship and the he rationalized his actions by saying “The only thing unusual is that she's Mia's daughter. But she's an adopted daughter and a grown woman. I could have met her at a party or something." ...
So no, it's not a "fortunate coincidence" as some tried to rationalize it. Not only Woody Allen is sick for sure, but those that support and praise him are just beyond my understanding. So what if he has contributed to films, that doesn't give him the right to be above the law and deprive young children from their human dignity at the expense of his desires and other pulsions.

Generally speaking, people get it twisted when it's convenient. Under any other circumstances, people realize the obvious...artist put themselves into their work. But when they want to defend a pedophile, they want to claim that you can separate the art from the artist. So good on Dylan Farrow calling out those people.

This is a good post.

Just gonna leave this here:
lMn9yj7.jpg

Last edited:
The only reason I side eye that Daily Beast article is because the writer is good friends w/ Woody and is very bias. Clearly, we may never know the whole story, but you cannot simply write off Dylan's side of the situation. I work in film and I have been a fan of Woody's movies for a long time. When I first heard about these allegations I was crushed. However, I feel like some people's admiration for his work is clouding their judgement and making excuses for him while attacking Dylan (which sucks.) I honestly, can't look at him the same way again.

The only reason I side eye that Daily Beast article is because the writer is good friends w/ Woody and is very bias. Clearly, we may never know the whole story, but you cannot simply write off Dylan's side of the situation. I work in film and I have been a fan of Woody's movies for a long time. When I first heard about these allegations I was crushed. However, I feel like some people's admiration for his work is clouding their judgement and making excuses for him while attacking Dylan (which sucks.) I honestly, can't look at him the same way again.

Like I said above, I'm not quick to dispute Dylan at all. Given the evidence, his marriage, it makes me slightly lean in favor of Dylan. However, there are always two sides to every story, so I think it's important to look at both. That article is the most thought provoking one that I have seen in favor of Woody.
I do think you are right though. Too many people are so smitten with his "genius" that they just don't want to believe it. If he were just your average guy he would be judged much more harshly.

I don't see the comparison to Mia/Frank and Soon Yi/
Woody. None whatsoever.
Hey, I was just responding to a statement that read it was creepy to date his ex's daughter when she was so young, because Farrow did the same. Nothing to do with BF and ex's daughters. Just marrying much older men.

I'm old enough to remember Mia's antics since she came on the scene and she was never stable. Her second husband, who she stole from her good friend, divorced her when she attacked one of his female fans. I was always reading odd stuff about her…

:ghi5:I have yet to disagree with you on anything.

Last edited:
This is a good post.

Just gonna leave this here:
lMn9yj7.jpg

Ew ew ew ew. Beyond creepy. I feel like i need to shower now. I'm sorry but regardless of whether the allegations are true or not, he's a sick f*ck for simply getting with his girlfriends daughter. So gross. If he's capable of that then i don't put anything past him. He clearly doesn't have moral boundaries.

Either she is a liar who is trying to ruin his reputation or he's an abuser who has gotten away with it for years. Either way it's sad and I don't think we'll ever know the truth. My uncle was accused of abuse and it ruined his life and years later the victim admitted it was a lie. So I'm personally not comfortable labeling someone abuser right off the bat.

I don't see the comparison to Mia/Frank and Soon Yi/
Woody. None whatsoever.
:ghi5:

I always thought he was creepy since he started dating his ex girlfriend's daughter Soon-Yi Previn when she was around 20 and he was in his mid 50's. Even though she was legal he had been in her life since she was a child and I have no doubt they hate illegal relations. It's a shame predators like him get a pass. I wouldn't be surprised if more of his children come forth in the future.
All kindsa YESSS!

I will never watch his movies and put a $ in his pocket. No ma'am.