NBC's The Blacklist starring James Spader

Red went to the house he purchased, peeled back some panneling on a wall to reveal height marks from someone growing up, had a memory of a little girl blowing bubbles in the backyard, then blew the house up.
This was the first episode that I actually found kind of boring. Maybe cuz they didn't really show her husband much even though we still have no answers?

Red went to the house he purchased, peeled back some panneling on a wall to reveal height marks from someone growing up, had a memory of a little girl blowing bubbles in the backyard, then blew the house up.
This was the first episode that I actually found kind of boring. Maybe cuz they didn't really show her husband much even though we still have no answers?

Thanks Buzzy!

The episode was OK, but I sometimes have a difficult time following along. One minute she doesn't trust her husband and then the next she is all over him and picking out paint colors.

Whatever happened with the kid they were going to adopt?

Boring. This has devolved into the Mass Murderer of the Week. How stupid to explode the house and nearly set the neighborhood on fire. Just call in the wreckers.

I want more of Elizabeth's husband. He is just too good to be true and you know something is up with him. You have to love a guy who can get rid of all the dining room furniture, and repaint in one day all by himself. Sure. So why didn't he find the hidden camera in there?

Boring. This has devolved into the Mass Murderer of the Week. How stupid to explode the house and nearly set the neighborhood on fire. Just call in the wreckers.

I want more of Elizabeth's husband. He is just too good to be true and you know something is up with him. You have to love a guy who can get rid of all the dining room furniture, and repaint in one day all by himself. Sure. So why didn't he find the hidden camera in there?
Good question!

I'm tired of the horrific event that may happen , all to be thwarted by the useless (unless helped by Red) FBI agents. In the last few seconds of the show, of course.

I want to see more Spader and I like the husband story-line too… I don't like anything else.

Boy, this thread dried up real fast....

Anyone have thoughts on the revelation last episode? I'm so confused as to why Red did what he did?

That last seen was the absolute best as it told us so much. Such a simple but revealing scene.

Boy, this thread dried up real fast....

Anyone have thoughts on the revelation last episode? I'm so confused as to why Red did what he did?

That last seen was the absolute best as it told us so much. Such a simple but revealing scene.

I can only think he didn't want Lizzy's dad telling her who her real father is??? They implied it's Red. Best scene was Red sitting next to Lizzy's dh.

my friend told me awhile back that she thought red was lizzie's father. i'm still not sure i believe that!! TOO predictable.

i also think he killed lizzie's "dad" because he wanted to tell her the "truth" and i also think he wanted red to kill him. he didn't want to live with the cancer

my friend told me awhile back that she thought red was lizzie's father. i'm still not sure i believe that!! TOO predictable.

i also think he killed lizzie's "dad" because he wanted to tell her the "truth" and i also think he wanted red to kill him. he didn't want to live with the cancer

I agree he killed "dad" because he didn't want him to tell the truth. I think he is Izzie's father. I thought that was pretty obvious in the scene between him and the adoptive dad. (or am I falling for the obvious?)
If her husband is a bad guy, he does a great job of seeming good. Not sure I really like Izzie.....she seems a bit too smart for her experience level.....and all the vacillating between telling Red to stay out of her life and then sharing stories about her father.....I guess she's supposed to be conflicted but really - and like someone else said, she just got over thinking her husband was a bad buy and now she's all over him.

people were guessing from the second episode that red was lizzie's dad. would they make it that obvious?

i liked how terrified lizzie's husband looked as red said that her father will always be watching her and protecting her - which i guess would also be another indication that red is her dad.

Did anyone get a good look at whose file Red was looking at on the computer? The woman looked like Lizzie or resembled her-im guessing if not Lizzie, then her mom? And what kind of system is that? they might have mentioned it in the beginning but i didnt catch it. is it a criminal database? or is it a general population database?

and yes, i think interest in the show have died a little. they went too much with the criminal of the week and useless fbi agents story week after week...maybe if they want to continue past a season, they need to slow it down. I definitely still think the husband is/was bad.

So her husband didn't find it weird that this creepy guy was telling him her father will always be around? He seemed to be talking for a while and then hubby just says, "I hope so.". Weird!! I wonder if by "her father will always be around", he meant Red himself!

Did anyone get a good look at whose file Red was looking at on the computer? The woman looked like Lizzie or resembled her-im guessing if not Lizzie, then her mom? And what kind of system is that? they might have mentioned it in the beginning but i didnt catch it. is it a criminal database? or is it a general population database?

and yes, i think interest in the show have died a little. they went too much with the criminal of the week and useless fbi agents story week after week...maybe if they want to continue past a season, they need to slow it down. I definitely still think the husband is/was bad.

I think it said " VACD: violent apprehended criminal database."

I think the husband and Red know each other. I am beginning to think that Red set the husband up to marry her and the husband's quid pro quo is that he can walk away from his career as a spy/killer.