The One(ish) A Month Club

I said no purchases this month since I'm moving, but the shoes I ordered back in March finally shipped this week. The Manolos I'll be wearing in my wedding this fall - can't wait to put them on! :yahoo: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1372159397.100121.jpg

Gorgeous! Congratulations on the wedding too, I take it this will be your something blue? :graucho:

thank you :smile: and yes, it most definitely will, haha.

Beautiful color blue and congrats on your upcoming wedding

thanks! Whichever CL you decide on, don't forget to share with us. And if you buy more then one, remember the club is called the one-ish club :graucho:

Omg congratulations on the gorgeous Manolos! (And the wedding, of course :biggrin:)

They look absolutely divine :yes: :tup:

Haha - thank you on both! I am so excited to finally get to wear these, and so excited to get married too :biggrin:

I'm returned the Muubaa jacket, it had a discolored spot on the front and frankly wasn't that flattering on me anyways. The color was stunning but the cut made me look very boyish. But then I ordered a dress from the Allsaints sale so I'm still at 3 for the month.

I said no purchases this month since I'm moving, but the shoes I ordered back in March finally shipped this week. The Manolos I'll be wearing in my wedding this fall - can't wait to put them on! :yahoo: View attachment 2232933

Stunning shoes. I vote that wedding related purchases don't count against you ;) Best wishes on your upcoming nuptuals!!

I'm returned the Muubaa jacket, it had a discolored spot on the front and frankly wasn't that flattering on me anyways. The color was stunning but the cut made me look very boyish. But then I ordered a dress from the Allsaints sale so I'm still at 3 for the month.

Stunning shoes. I vote that wedding related purchases don't count against you ;) Best wishes on your upcoming nuptuals!!

Thank you! I think they shouldn't either :smile:

I need your input! I was thinking of selling my Lady Dior and Vintage H Kelly (1990) to buy a new H B or K (yes I love both models!) . Both the Dior and H were eBay purchases and I love them very much, but I don't think I would mind getting rid of them and have a brand new bag instead. It's not that I have anything against secondhand bags, but I love the whole process of buying things in store. Wrapping everything nicely for you etc. So what would you do in my position? Will it be a smart move? I don't mind waiting, I know I will probably need to wait a while, even though I found a really nice SA at H who helped me find my Jumping Boots and I'll need loads of luck probably!

Simply gorgeous! They remind me of the pair that Carrie wore in Sex and the City for her wedding :love:

Thank you! You have a good memory - they are the exact same shoes Carrie wears :P

I need your input! I was thinking of selling my Lady Dior and Vintage H Kelly (1990) to buy a new H B or K (yes I love both models!) . Both the Dior and H were eBay purchases and I love them very much, but I don't think I would mind getting rid of them and have a brand new bag instead. It's not that I have anything against secondhand bags, but I love the whole process of buying things in store. Wrapping everything nicely for you etc. So what would you do in my position? Will it be a smart move? I don't mind waiting, I know I will probably need to wait a while, even though I found a really nice SA at H who helped me find my Jumping Boots and I'll need loads of luck probably!

The way I see it, your feelings on owning new vs. second-hand aren't going to change, and these bags are not going to cease production, i.e. they're not a special or limited edition. If that was the case I might say keep your bags, but since you want a classic, timeless bag that is always going to be sold, you're not losing anything by selling your current bags and waiting to get one you really want. Plus you already have a good SA, so with a little luck and a little time I think you'll have the bag of your dreams :biggrin:

Thought I would throw my two cents in on the Golden Goose sneakers. I am obsessed. I have a pair of the Lanvin high tops as well as converse... comparatively my Golden Goose ones are much more comfortable. I never felt like there was that "wearing in" period with them. Hope that helps! This online store always has a HUGE range too- I'm pretty sure they have a few pairs on sale at the moment. Unfortunately I paid full price!

http://www.camarguefashion.com.au/shoes/sneakers.html

I don't post here but must add this store is fantastic ... I have been contemplating purchasing some GG sneakers..my partner has them and he said they are very comfortable. I love their Carven Suno and Sofie d'Hoore range ..I love this thread:smile:

My July purchase got here a liiittle early :biggrin: Isabel Marant Étoile knit jacket:

View attachment 2235605 View attachment 2235606

You look really really good! This thread is invaluable for a fashion roundup. Kind of 'the best of...':smile:is the colour red or more burgundy?

I agree with you. I only buy second hand things if the price is substantially lower. For example say a CHANEL cashmere for £500 instead of £1200.

Last edited: