The One(ish) A Month Club

Ok...with 9 pairs of shoes this month, I officially fail at this!!!!

:wtf: :biggrin: Maybe just a little more practice :P

Well, I've pulled the trigger on these two from the NAP sale:

Tibi dress
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/351045

BV dress
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/348585

I've taken on board what people have said about the AM jacket I was looking at, very fashion-y and possibly I'd feel a little ostentatious wearing it. The key to my new path is to really honestly consider HOW much wear I am going to get out of ANYTHING - I'm confident with the Tibi dress and the BV dress that I'll get lots of use out of them. So I'm pretty happy for June :yes:

Ok...with 9 pairs of shoes this month, I officially fail at this!!!!
Wow!!? What did you get? :biggrin: :graucho:
Maybe pull back next month hehe

Well, I've pulled the trigger on these two from the NAP sale:

Tibi dress
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/351045

BV dress
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/348585

I've taken on board what people have said about the AM jacket I was looking at, very fashion-y and possibly I'd feel a little ostentatious wearing it. The key to my new path is to really honestly consider HOW much wear I am going to get out of ANYTHING - I'm confident with the Tibi dress and the BV dress that I'll get lots of use out of them. So I'm pretty happy for June :yes:
Lovely buys! They've very elegant dresses in neutral colours, I'm sure you'll be able to wear them lots and lots.

Often I find myself dreaming about what I want to get and making up valid situations where I would wear them... Only to realise I won't. This month and next, I think I need a new pair of reasonably thick, black jeans, and maaaaybe a winter coat. Decided not to get anything from the NAP sales, and currently resisting the OutNet as well at the moment. Two-thirds of the way through June and I still have an item left I can purchase YAY! Maybe something to reward myself after exams...

I knew that I couldn't keep it at just one this month either... I got this IM jacket on sale that I have been wanting for a while. It's a fun jacket that I can't necessarily wear every day but I will definitely treasure it. I love Elvis and I love Hawaiian print!

Have you tried on those sneakers? They remind me of my leather low top converse which unfortunately have zero support for walking.

Omg sales. Several things are on order but I'm working hard at being very picky. So far two pairs of shoes, a jacket and a top. I did get told I have the best shoes at work today - by a male coworker no less!

Let's all be picky this sales season!
Thought I would throw my two cents in on the Golden Goose sneakers. I am obsessed. I have a pair of the Lanvin high tops as well as converse... comparatively my Golden Goose ones are much more comfortable. I never felt like there was that "wearing in" period with them. Hope that helps! This online store always has a HUGE range too- I'm pretty sure they have a few pairs on sale at the moment. Unfortunately I paid full price!

http://www.camarguefashion.com.au/shoes/sneakers.html

Thought I would throw my two cents in on the Golden Goose sneakers. I am obsessed. I have a pair of the Lanvin high tops as well as converse... comparatively my Golden Goose ones are much more comfortable. I never felt like there was that "wearing in" period with them. Hope that helps! This online store always has a HUGE range too- I'm pretty sure they have a few pairs on sale at the moment. Unfortunately I paid full price!

http://www.camarguefashion.com.au/shoes/sneakers.html

I am in love with these Golden Goose sneakers. If anyone sees these, please let me know! (I think they are from FW2013). ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371782958.947489.jpg

I hate sale lol, I just purchased this Acne cardigan. It's still my only purchase this month though. It just looked too comfy and I think they will go great with black tights and my H jumping boots.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371859345.960349.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371859355.444937.jpg

I hate sale lol, I just purchased this Acne cardigan. It's still my only purchase this month though. It just looked too comfy and I think they will go great with black tights and my H jumping boots.

View attachment 2228424 View attachment 2228425

Very cute!!! And that is awesome that you stuck to one purchase this month!!!! How did you manage that?!?!? That's some amazing self control esp at this time of year lol

Very cute!!! And that is awesome that you stuck to one purchase this month!!!! How did you manage that?!?!? That's some amazing self control esp at this time of year lol

Well it's my first month of not failing though. In April I bought christian louboutins and a herve leger dress in NYC. May I bought Hermes scarfs, a kelly bag and jumping boots (big fail!!) but I'm on a holiday in Croatia now and there is no shopping to do here so, it's easy. And most things I find on sale online, don't really appeal to me, since they are seasonal items and I am still building a basic wardrobe so. I did bought a pair of beige skinny jeans from zara though, so two items this month ;)

I just ordered this Isabel Marant Etoile knit blazer. I've been eyeing it since it first came out and with a 50% discount I couldn't help it :smile:

It's counting as a July purchase though, it hasn't been shipped yet so when I receive it it's almost July, right? ;)

Does anyone else have experience with the Etoile line? I know the regular line fits a little small.

etoile-isabel-marant-navy-ariana-knitted-cottonblend-jacket-product-6-5812624-031588368_large_fl.jpg

I just ordered this Isabel Marant Etoile knit blazer. I've been eyeing it since it first came out and with a 50% discount I couldn't help it :smile:

It's counting as a July purchase though, it hasn't been shipped yet so when I receive it it's almost July, right? ;)

Does anyone else have experience with the Etoile line? I know the regular line fits a little small.

View attachment 2228877

Nice jacket, I like IM jackets!

View attachment 2228877

I've found the Etoile sizing tricky. I have a skirt that ran small, but a jumpsuit I got (it is just like the pants featured with your blazer) ran very big.

I wanted to buy a lot at sales this month but I've been pretty good this month. I bought some espadrilles I'd been watching, when they went on their 2nd markdown, a little white dress from Zara, and I ordered some new jeans. I'm trying Current Elliott and DL1961 to see which works best.

Attachments

• espadrille.jpg
    espadrille.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 303