The One(ish) A Month Club

Wow cmm62 the dress for your rehearsal dinner is absolutely STUNNING! I love it :biggrin:

I've missed this thread!! Life has been too busy and stressful and just annoyingly demanding over the past two months!! :nogood:

The good news is, I continued on my path of considered consumption :P I have repaired just about every piece of clothing and pair of shoes that needed stuff done - phew!! Exhausting, not as expensive as I'd feared and incredibly satisfying.

Included in all of that was at least 3 pairs of jeans that I have had hanging in my closet but not bothered to get taken up. I also remodelled a really lovely cream cotton jacket very slightly going from a 3 button to a single button, re-ironing the lapels for a broader, blazer-look and took the sleeves to bracelet length.

I've also been adding carefully to my closet, including:

2x Maxmara Pugile pants at 30% off (yay!)
2x JBrand cigarette leg jeans (814) in Pure
2x charcoal grey scopp neck tshirts from Witchery - so lovely and soft.

I'm now considering potential Matches and Net-a-Porter sale purchases (NAP APAC sale hasn't started yet but I'm getting in early for maximum decisiveness :P):

1. Alexander McQueen ivory crepe peplum jacket:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/334188

2. Bottega Veneta ivory crepe dress:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/348585

3. DvF Kaci Top: I've been eyeing this piece for a while but I'm a tiny bit held back by the sleeve detail - I worry on a generous busted shorter person that it might just make me look chunky around the middle? Oh for the slender bust of a model...:girlsigh:

http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/138930

4. Oscar de la Renta lace blouse: again, this might suck on me as opposed to how it looks on the model...

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/332467

5. Lela Rose black and white lace embellished dress:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/346531

This isn't a potential sale purchase, but I am kind of crushing on these skinny white jeans - is that insane for anyone who isn't the size of a runway model?? If so, feel free to b*tchslap me :tup:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/371133 - I'd just love them with my beautiful dark-grey t-shirts :biggrin:

Thank you so much! I searched high and low and when I saw that I knew it was it - pressed buy the minute it popped up :biggrin:

All of your picks are wonderful - the Lela Rose dress is seriously stunning though. Love it!

COPENHAGEN, JDN and Bitten, pictures please? Loving all the things you're describing here, that and I just love seeing pictures of everything :biggrin: It gives me a pseudo-shopping haul high when I see the purchases other people made, it's crazy.
Also, I agree with JDN, I'd cover up with those leggings :yes:

Hmm... for June, I was eyeing this skirt as a good winter basic
...but my boyfriend found out and bought it for me :yahoo: It was lovely of him, but does that mean I get to buy something else for this month? Jeez I sound so greedy... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• saveus-3048-740001-1-zoom.jpg
    saveus-3048-740001-1-zoom.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
COPENHAGEN, JDN and Bitten, pictures please? Loving all the things you're describing here, that and I just love seeing pictures of everything :biggrin: It gives me a pseudo-shopping haul high when I see the purchases other people made, it's crazy.

...but my boyfriend found out and bought it for me :yahoo: It was lovely of him, but does that mean I get to buy something else for this month? Jeez I sound so greedy... :rolleyes:
Lovely skirt. I don't count presents ;) But if you don't absolutely need anything this month you shouldn't shop. Which I myself could learn from! :roflmfao:

These are the boots I got with a 25% discount :smile:
http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/women/shoes/cypress-con-solid-black.html I might actually return them a get a pair with a lower heel for more everyday wearable boots.
The Bayswater I got in London http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c6668/1367/moreviews/ and a smaller bag from Lommé:

LOMME_VEGA_SNAKECHAIN_1024x1024.jpg

Here's the Zoe Karssen sweatshirt from Theoutnet where I also got the HL leggings (thanks for advice reg what to wear with them, and you too JDN).
375717_in_xl.jpg
392509_in_xl.jpg

The sandals from Mango, which are so comfy - def a summer favorite already:
83622026_30.jpg
I feel really bad posting all this in the ONE a month thread! I am banned until August that's for sure.

Last edited:
Lovely skirt. I don't count presents ;) But if you don't absolutely need anything this month you shouldn't shop. Which I myself could learn from! :roflmfao:

These are the boots I got with a 25% discount :smile:
http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/women/shoes/cypress-con-solid-black.html I might actually return them a get a pair with a lower heel for more everyday wearable boots.
The Bayswater I got in London http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c6668/1367/moreviews/ and a smaller bag from Lommé:

View attachment 2219659

Here's the Zoe Karssen sweatshirt from Theoutnet where I also got the HL leggings (thanks for advice reg what to wear with them, and you too JDN).
View attachment 2219662
View attachment 2219661

The sandals from Mango, which are so comfy - def a summer favorite already:
View attachment 2219670
I feel really bad posting all this in the ONE a month thread! I am banned until August that's for sure.

Love everything you got, especially the boots and the sweatshirt!!!! Great additions!!! :smile:

What a sweet boyfriend!!!!
And of course, gifts don't count....lol

Here are the Susanna's that I got (blue and nude pairs are new)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1371222433.507798.jpg

Okay ladies. I have a dilemma. :panic:

I've already tanked on the one-a month this month, but that's okay. I have another week before I'm heading to ban island for the summer. :noggin: In the meantime, I'm trying to decide on the damage for my last "binge". I'm thinking: small damage or really really big damage? :lolots:

1. Designer dress: I've been stalking this dress every day for weeks. It's finally reduced to a price I accept. So far, I've talked myself out of it, because I'm not 100% about the fit. Even though I can return it, by not buying it at all, I avoid the temptation to keep it. A designer dress is not something I really need, after all.

2. Clutch: I've been stalking this clutch for nearly 2 years. It's finally reduced. So far, I've talked myself out of it, because it's not 100% perfect. But I think I can live with the imperfections (especially at the reduced price). On the other hand, my track record is pretty low, with regard to my ability to live with imperfect handbags.

3. Shoes: This is a sandal in a basic color that I already own, in two other colors. I've had 1 pair for 2 years and another pair for 6 months, and I wear them both a lot. They're so practical, and they'd fit in really well with my wardrobe. But every little bit count... and if I don't buy them, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

4. Clutch: I've been stalking this clutch for months and have been given a close to 0% chance of scoring it in the foreseeable future. So when it became available, I bought it. Even though it's not my preferred color. There's a lot of inspiration on the Internet about how to wear this color, so I think I can wear it. But, will I regret buying this clutch in a non-preferred color, if it means saying no to a prefererd color in the foreseeable future (even with the near impossible chance of this happening)?

As for what I've already purchased this month:
Summer necessities (3)
Boots
Cardigan

And last month:
Boots
Shorts
Sweater
Summer tees (3)
Bag

So... should I return #4 and buy none of them? Or buy everything and go out with a bang? :panic: :help:

Last edited:
Jut saw this thread. What a nice idea! But when I think about all that I purchased this month, there will be no shopping for me until January of 2014! Haha!

Can I revert back to zero and try again next month? 😁

I've already tanked on the one-a month this month, but that's okay. I have another week before I'm heading to ban island for the summer. :noggin: In the meantime, I'm trying to decide on the damage for my last "binge". I'm thinking: small damage or really really big damage? :lolots:

1. Designer dress: I've been stalking this dress every day for weeks. It's finally reduced to a price I accept. So far, I've talked myself out of it, because I'm not 100% about the fit. Even though I can return it, by not buying it at all, I avoid the temptation to keep it. A designer dress is not something I really need, after all.

2. Clutch: I've been stalking this clutch for nearly 2 years. It's finally reduced. So far, I've talked myself out of it, because it's not 100% perfect. But I think I can live with the imperfections (especially at the reduced price). On the other hand, my track record is pretty low, with regard to my ability to live with imperfect handbags.

3. Shoes: This is a sandal in a basic color that I already own, in two other colors. I've had 1 pair for 2 years and another pair for 6 months, and I wear them both a lot. They're so practical, and they'd fit in really well with my wardrobe. But every little bit count... and if I don't buy them, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

4. Clutch: I've been stalking this clutch for months and have been given a close to 0% chance of scoring it in the foreseeable future. So when it became available, I bought it. Even though it's not my preferred color. There's a lot of inspiration on the Internet about how to wear this color, so I think I can wear it. But, will I regret buying this clutch in a non-preferred color, if it means saying no to a prefererd color in the foreseeable future (even with the near impossible chance of this happening)?

Summer necessities (3)
Boots
Cardigan

And last month:
Boots
Shorts
Sweater
Summer tees (3)
Bag

So... should I return #4 and buy none of them? Or buy everything and go out with a bang? :panic: :help:

Um, I got a little confused but I would say don't buy anything unless it's perfect. Why? The perfect thing will come out eventually.

Sooooo, no designer dress unless you'll have it tailored.

No imperfect clutch because a better one will come out and it probably doesn't have a strap anyway so it will be annoying.

Maybe the sandals if you really want them. You can change up the look with nail polish! But if they are not on sale, there is no hurry to buy them.

You may learn to love clutch number 4. Think about it for awhile and design some outfits around it. What color is it? I love bright colors! Although I am passing up a lemon penny purse at 50% off in the Coach Factory Sale. The reason? I have resisted it for this long that I must not want it very much.

Did I ruin your fun? If so, never mind, buy what you want! I am good at talking myself out of purchases.

Thanks Jesssh! :wave: And you didn't ruin my fun!

Okay... the designer dress would either look great on me or it would be something I would not have tailored.

The sandals are on sale. I'm waiting for them to drop once more in price before I have to face the real temptation to buy them or not... Eeek!

Unfortunately, I think you're right about clutch #2. Does it help to know that the current retail for a similar, brand new clutch retails for 10x the price of this one? Sigh.

Clutch #4 just arrived!! :graucho:

I think I still have some more thinking to do... :smile:

Um, I got a little confused but I would say don't buy anything unless it's perfect. Why? The perfect thing will come out eventually.

No imperfect clutch because a better one will come out and it probably doesn't have a strap anyway so it will be annoying.

Maybe the sandals if you really want them. You can change up the look with nail polish! But if they are not on sale, there is no hurry to buy them.

You may learn to love clutch number 4. Think about it for awhile and design some outfits around it. What color is it? I love bright colors! Although I am passing up a lemon penny purse at 50% off in the Coach Factory Sale. The reason? I have resisted it for this long that I must not want it very much.

Did I ruin your fun? If so, never mind, buy what you want! I am good at talking myself out of purchases.

Summer necessities (3)
Boots
Cardigan

And last month:
Boots
Shorts
Sweater
Summer tees (3)
Bag

I'd go for the sandals. You know you like the style and wear them.

I think it depends on your general feeling with the 2. clutch (don't get the other, it's not 100% perfect so you'll maybe end up regretting it). Do you think you'll get a lot use out of it if you look at your clothes and lifestyle and how it matches?

It's hard to say no-no to a beautiful designer dress, but if you won't wear it it would be such a shame. Some I'm going to be the boring one and say don't for this one. There will be other pretty dresses :smile:

Good luck!

I'm blaming Copenhagen for my main purchase because her super cute sweatshirt prompted me to start browsing around on the Outnet. I scored this MuuBaa leather jacket for such a steal! http://www.theoutnet.com/product/388442 Thanks Copenhagen :P Hopefully the color really is a brownish grey like it looks on my screen, it seems really versatile for casual wear. It was kind of an impulse purchase but I had my brown leather jacket stolen a few years ago so it's sort of a replacement.

I also got a really cute Maje sweater/top at the consignment store for $30, so that's my ish. Now I have to be a good girl and save all my pennies for the Nordies Anniversary sale next month :graucho:

View attachment 2219659

View attachment 2219662
View attachment 2219661

I vote for the shoes since you already know they are comfy and will get lots of use. But then again, I am also boring :P

June update :smile:
Well it's the sales month and I was in NYC!
- Rick Owens tailed biker jacket in sand
- Rick Owens Lilies dress in dust
- Charlotte Olympia cat face flats in red
- Bottega Veneta zip wallet
- Bottega Veneta credit card case
- Prada Vela messenger crossbody
- Joie cashmere cardigan (it was so cold in NY)
- Alexander McQueen skull scarf
And I put myself on a ban after this!

This was such a great comment - so good to remember when we all go shopping and are on the fence about imperfections.

Thanks Jesssh! :wave: And you didn't ruin my fun!

Okay... the designer dress would either look great on me or it would be something I would not have tailored.

The sandals are on sale. I'm waiting for them to drop once more in price before I have to face the real temptation to buy them or not... Eeek!

Unfortunately, I think you're right about clutch #2. Does it help to know that the current retail for a similar, brand new clutch retails for 10x the price of this one? Sigh.

Clutch #4 just arrived!! :graucho:

I think I still have some more thinking to do... :smile:

well congrats on the one purchase! i don't know what the dress looks like or if it's complicated to tailor, but i find tailoring items that don't fit just right always works out - it looks amazing and since it's designer you'll have it forever.

Thanks for the vote for the sandals!

I was actually really surprised by how versatile clutch #4 is! As soon as I received it, I tried it with several outfits to make sure that it really worked with the clothes that I already have. It's definitely a keeper! :heart:

I'd go for the sandals. You know you like the style and wear them.

I think it depends on your general feeling with the 2. clutch (don't get the other, it's not 100% perfect so you'll maybe end up regretting it). Do you think you'll get a lot use out of it if you look at your clothes and lifestyle and how it matches?

It's hard to say no-no to a beautiful designer dress, but if you won't wear it it would be such a shame. Some I'm going to be the boring one and say don't for this one. There will be other pretty dresses :smile:

Good luck!

I love the sales at Nordstrom!! :graucho:

Thanks for the vote for the shoes. And, since that's the consensus here, if you're boring... well, then, we all are! :amuse:

Now I have to be a good girl and save all my pennies for the Nordies Anniversary sale next month :graucho:

I vote for the shoes since you already know they are comfy and will get lots of use. But then again, I am also boring :P

Thanks!!

The quest for perfection is tricky. I'll add that the "imperfect" clutch is pretty close to perfect, and most people would consider it perfect. However, if I'm looking for a reason not to love something, I'll often focus on tiny details. This generally gives me pause for "on the fence" decisions. On the other hand, I'll accept miniscule imperfections on things I really love. :girlsigh:

Thanks for the vote of confidence re: tailors. My two cents for anyone considering tailoring - is to know what can and can't be done - the skillset of the tailor - etc. etc. As for me? When I use a tailor, I know that whatever alterations will be made to my garment will never look the same as the original tailoring. So, I think carefully about whether or not that's important to me for a particular garment. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. ;)

well congrats on the one purchase! i don't know what the dress looks like or if it's complicated to tailor, but i find tailoring items that don't fit just right always works out - it looks amazing and since it's designer you'll have it forever.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vote for the sandals!

I was actually really surprised by how versatile clutch #4 is! As soon as I received it, I tried it with several outfits to make sure that it really worked with the clothes that I already have. It's definitely a keeper! :heart:

I love the sales at Nordstrom!! :graucho:

Thanks for the vote for the shoes. And, since that's the consensus here, if you're boring... well, then, we all are! :amuse:

Thanks!!

The quest for perfection is tricky. I'll add that the "imperfect" clutch is pretty close to perfect, and most people would consider it perfect. However, if I'm looking for a reason not to love something, I'll often focus on tiny details. This generally gives me pause for "on the fence" decisions. On the other hand, I'll accept miniscule imperfections on things I really love. :girlsigh:

Thanks for the vote of confidence re: tailors. My two cents for anyone considering tailoring - is to know what can and can't be done - the skillset of the tailor - etc. etc. As for me? When I use a tailor, I know that whatever alterations will be made to my garment will never look the same as the original tailoring. So, I think carefully about whether or not that's important to me for a particular garment. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. ;)

Very true - and it takes a lot of trial (and error) to find a great tailor. I have one in NYC, only thanks to the many ill-fitting bridesmaid dresses I've taken to tailors over the years lol :smile: