Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's adorable, congrats!

Very cute.

Thanks ladies!!

The genius that KrissieNo.5works for ... Zac Posen for 7 for all mankind. Those jeans are DIVINE. I LOVE mine. They are so luxurious and heavy. I'm so glad I nabbed a pair.

Yes that is Beautiful! Just amazing!

Zac is incredibly talented. I have seen him in the atelier and he puts more than 100% into everything.

And thanks it is amazing! I'm a little geeky over it haha

It reminds me of the 120th anniversary tshirt I found at BE for $15 which I sold on the bay and it got lost in the post :sad:

At BE!! I wish. I love lanvin! Love that price! sucks it got lost. It's a shame actually.

Never heard of Alber Elbaz, but I sure do love your bag!

Thanks raven! He's the designer for lanvin and he is just amazing. I love his talent, his attitude, his spirit. He's excellent!

The foxes are the ones to swipe the microwave. There are between 4 and 7 of them. One comes at 5 and sits under my pussy willow tree til I came out and feed him. Then around 8 the twins show up. Then Momma shows up at 10. One night 3showed up with Momma, so not sure if they were the 3 I fed already, or 3 more. If only I could put collars on them. Momma is tame, comes to 5 ft of back door and stays still while I feed her. I feed them leftovers I would throw out and dry food from the Chows. I feel bad for them in the winter, so I bought loaves of bread for 63 cents and put peanut butter and jelly on them to boost their diets. I've cut back now because my neighbors got chickens! So far no rooster, thank God. But I am not averse to the foxes raiding the henhouse as I don't like my neighbors. I believe the deer are off having their babies, I haven't seen them for a few days. When they show up with babies I will try and get pics.

Can you drive with your back? What happened with me was I went to get in my car and lifted my right leg and had excruciating pain. Accelerating and stopping was awful! It was my back, is finally better but a rough 6 weeks. I don't even know what I did to injure myself!

Awww I have never even seen a Fox in real life. I grow Foxgloves. They are these flowers that grow like spikes and have tiny circular flower. The myth surrounding their name is that the Fairies live in them and they give the flowers to the foxes as gloves so that the hunters can not track them. Inside the throat of the individual flowers are the fairies footsteps.

They also create heart medication from foxglove aka Digitalis.

Love the lore of flowers.

I would be feeding foxes. I feel bad for the coyotes up here cause they have no hair left on their tails as they suffer from mange. I cannot help it. I feel bad for them. Racoons ... I don't feel bad for since they eat my fish and I want to make them into a hat and matching coat.

The coons also break my pots and eat my plants like crazed gang members.

Great finds, Raven!!

I'm so sad because when I clicked on your photo it would allow me to see it :sad:. Something about being "a local file". Hmm.

Anyway, loving the bag haul and a 25 cent dress! Can't go wrong!!

You honestly cannot go wrong with a 25 cent dress!

Oh dear, Laz. I hope your back feels better licketty-split! Back pain is no fun:heart:

I can walk and I can almost sit down now. So things are looking up. I have some work today so I am pretending I am ok. I'm big on ignoring my body and pushing thru. One of my least favourite traits but a girl's gotta eat!

Zac is incredibly talented. I have seen him in the atelier and he puts more than 100% into everything.

And thanks it is amazing! I'm a little geeky over it haha

Thanks raven! He's the designer for lanvin and he is just amazing. I love his talent, his attitude, his spirit. He's excellent!

I like that he seems to actually want women to look good. And I think he has a pleasant attitude and lots of talent. Plus ... dang! Those are some cool jeans! Long Live Zac Posen!

OMG! I accidently posted my $2.97 Versace shoes on the Coach Rehab thread...:lolots: They are probably wondering about my state of posting mind. Anyway, I will share with my Peeps...they are in need of polishing.

OMG! I accidently posted my $2.97 Versace shoes on the Coach Rehab thread...:lolots: They are probably wondering about my state of posting mind. Anyway, I will share with my Peeps...they are in need of polishing.

😂 Well Let them wonder :smile: they are really nice though!!

Im so excited today im Westring my First complete second hand/ bargain Outfit 😍 Thank you all the Inspiration :smile:

Today I made my first trip to a Goodwill outlet center. It's different from a store in that clothing and such is sold by the pound. I am not really looking for loathing, basically stuff I can resell on Ebay. First up a pair of lead crystal candlesticks. No marking, butI havenT cleaned them up yet. I may even keep them, such pretty sparkle in sunlight. Second up a mug from Rowe pottery. Selling for $15 or more on Ebay. Next a piece of fabric I grabbed in honor of Lazlo, just loved the print. Next a Liberty of London scarf, and a scarf with Paris print. Both are for me! I got a Petco dog ramp for $4.99 which I didn't picture, it's in the Explorer for the Chows. I am hoping Beau will use it, it's his only shot at getting a car ride. He's too big to hop in like his sister does. Finally a decorator table. I got it to put 2 of my Lynn Haney Santa's on come Christmas, $1.99, and a chair that matches my dining room set for $2.99. I wish they had had 2of them, but a pleased nabbing an extra.

What's fun about the outlet is every 90 min they dump new stuff. I wondered why people were sitting around when I entered. They ring a bell, tell everyone to move to the front of the store, pull all the bins out and bring new bins in. I nabbed my furniture pieces on the first round, and the other goodies on the second. I spent $15 all told!View attachment 2171973View attachment 2171974View attachment 2171975View attachment 2171976View attachment 2171977View attachment 2171978

What an exciting experience!

Went looking for a flapper dress for a Downton Abbey themed event I am going to Saturday (prizes for best costume) and was thinking I would leave disappointed until I spotted this! Its Marciano and I paid $15 for it (ouch) but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it!

Attachments

• 1368046740194.jpg
    1368046740194.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 1368046748064.jpg
    1368046748064.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 373
Hey girlies long time no browse. Today VV was having a 30% event. I know, but I rushed over anyways. VV prices are cray crazy and it reminds me of shopping inside a Ross but with more merchandise. I way overpaid on some items (shame on me!) but the weather was so beautiful and I justified spending nearly department store clearance prices.
I hope these show up, they didnt last time.

30l2gxd.jpg

Made an outfit with the items!

2t5kj.jpg

$12 Talula sweater. Canadians will know the brand and the crazy cult like following they have. VV had another in red but that was $20 instead. This is so warm and comfortable, but only contains a small percentage of cashmere.

edq4i.jpg

$6 shirt with open back. In thrift store logic, this is too much but the sun brainwashed me. Simple yet interesting. Tout es ceux brand.

e6pons.jpg

Most form fitting and comfy pants I've EVER tried on! This is a pair from Bedo (exp. mall brand) and my HG pants for sure. They are black irl. Love the pockets and the stitching :smile:

2z5vwn7.jpg

Brand is This is a tshirt :smile: Couldn't resist. This is my new casual yet cool lounging tee. "Oh what this? Just threw this old thing on...."

vfjtw9.jpg

Not sure of authenticity, I was pawing it over and over in the store trying to see if it was real. But I just had to have it, perfect summer shorts (a bit loud) and makes my petite arse look nice. I hate loud stitching but don't mind when its $15 :smile:

2wr2lxw.jpg

Wilfred cardigan marked at $8, bit undermarked. A bit long but so comfy like the other one!

63rk.jpg

Sweating at this point. Sweating in my sweaters.

Last edited:
I am a huge lanvin and Alber Elbaz fan and have coveted this bag for quite sometime and I cannot believe I finally have it!

:yahoo: Amazing!

Went looking for a flapper dress for a Downton Abbey themed event I am going to Saturday (prizes for best costume) and was thinking I would leave disappointed until I spotted this! Its Marciano and I paid $15 for it (ouch) but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it!

Reminds me of the great gatsy trailer ;) very cute

Leather moisturizer, black polish and elbow grease and good as new!

Ooh, pretty! Great price too.

That's a unique dress! $15 isn't too bad, that brand isn't exactly cheap :smile:.

Hey girlies long time no browse. Today VV was having a 30% event. I know, but I rushed over anyways. VV prices are cray crazy and it reminds me of shopping inside a Ross but with more merchandise. I way overpaid on some items (shame on me!) but the weather was so beautiful and I justified spending nearly department store clearance prices.
I hope these show up, they didnt last time.

Made an outfit with the items!

$12 Talula sweater. Canadians will know the brand and the crazy cult like following they have. VV had another in red but that was $20 instead. This is so warm and comfortable, but only contains a small percentage of cashmere.

$6 shirt with open back. In thrift store logic, this is too much but the sun brainwashed me. Simple yet interesting. Tout es ceux brand.

Most form fitting and comfy pants I've EVER tried on! This is a pair from Bedo (exp. mall brand) and my HG pants for sure. They are black irl. Love the pockets and the stitching :smile:

Brand is This is a tshirt :smile: Couldn't resist. This is my new casual yet cool lounging tee. "Oh what this? Just threw this old thing on...."

Not sure of authenticity, I was pawing it over and over in the store trying to see if it was real. But I just had to have it, perfect summer shorts (a bit loud) and makes my petite arse look nice. I hate loud stitching but don't mind when its $15 :smile:

Wilfred cardigan marked at $8, bit undermarked. A bit long but so comfy like the other one!

Sweating at this point. Sweating in my sweaters.

Cute shorts! You could always get it authenticated if you're worried. You can exchange it if it turns out to be fake.

Today I made my first trip to a Goodwill outlet center. It's different from a store in that clothing and such is sold by the pound. I am not really looking for loathing, basically stuff I can resell on Ebay. First up a pair of lead crystal candlesticks. No marking, butI havenT cleaned them up yet. I may even keep them, such pretty sparkle in sunlight. Second up a mug from Rowe pottery. Selling for $15 or more on Ebay. Next a piece of fabric I grabbed in honor of Lazlo, just loved the print. Next a Liberty of London scarf, and a scarf with Paris print. Both are for me! I got a Petco dog ramp for $4.99 which I didn't picture, it's in the Explorer for the Chows. I am hoping Beau will use it, it's his only shot at getting a car ride. He's too big to hop in like his sister does. Finally a decorator table. I got it to put 2 of my Lynn Haney Santa's on come Christmas, $1.99, and a chair that matches my dining room set for $2.99. I wish they had had 2of them, but a pleased nabbing an extra.

What's fun about the outlet is every 90 min they dump new stuff. I wondered why people were sitting around when I entered. They ring a bell, tell everyone to move to the front of the store, pull all the bins out and bring new bins in. I nabbed my furniture pieces on the first round, and the other goodies on the second. I spent $15 all told!View attachment 2171973View attachment 2171974View attachment 2171975View attachment 2171976View attachment 2171977View attachment 2171978

I'm so jealous, I wish they had those here! Those are gorgeous candlesticks!

Saw these gorgeous boots...I was so sad they were many sizes too small! They were amazing! Something I'd see in my dreams...they even look comfortable!

tumblr_mmi1bqbV3F1ru0xizo1_1280.jpg

Also saw this super ugly Escada coat. It had no shape at all, it was like wearing a garbage bag!

tumblr_mmi1bqbV3F1ru0xizo3_1280.jpg

Also saw a Paloma Picasso pin, but there were no markings so I didn't know if it was real. Plus, I thought it was overpriced at $4.

Turns out it s real, but I really don't like it that much. Anyone know if it's worth picking up for resale? I only see one listing on ebay for $35, but there are no takers.

tumblr_mmi0ujPJwB1ru0xizo10_500.jpg

And.....I giggled when I saw this:

tumblr_mmi1t8pUw91ru0xizo1_1280.jpg

I ended up getting some stuff, pictures soon :biggrin:!

Last edited:
Awww I have never even seen a Fox in real life. I grow Foxgloves. They are these flowers that grow like spikes and have tiny circular flower. The myth surrounding their name is that the Fairies live in them and they give the flowers to the foxes as gloves so that the hunters can not track them. Inside the throat of the individual flowers are the fairies footsteps.

They also create heart medication from foxglove aka Digitalis.

Love the lore of flowers.

I would be feeding foxes. I feel bad for the coyotes up here cause they have no hair left on their tails as they suffer from mange. I cannot help it. I feel bad for them. Racoons ... I don't feel bad for since they eat my fish and I want to make them into a hat and matching coat.

The coons also break my pots and eat my plants like crazed gang members.

You honestly cannot go wrong with a 25 cent dress!

I can walk and I can almost sit down now. So things are looking up. I have some work today so I am pretending I am ok. I'm big on ignoring my body and pushing thru. One of my least favourite traits but a girl's gotta eat!

I like that he seems to actually want women to look good. And I think he has a pleasant attitude and lots of talent. Plus ... dang! Those are some cool jeans! Long Live Zac Posen!
I grow foxgloves, I love them. My foxes had mange a few years back. I contacted a wonderful woman in the UK through her website. She told me I needed Ivermectin, which is what I give the Chows each month to prevent heartworm. She said according to their weight they needed 1 dose for 3 weeks. It worked and they have been mange free.

Raccoons can be nasty. I have one, but rarely see him. They get into everything and are kind of destructive, but cute. Do you have groundhogs in CA? I have a family, they are fine now that I don't grow tomatoes. Otherwise they move their den close to the tomatoes and eat them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.