Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed another Hermes on the authentication thread. I think that one is fake. Someone take a look and tell me what you think?

Congrats on the scarves...

I believe this one is auth as well it's the Jungle love scarf which is amazing. I am pretty sure it's auth the only thing is I have never seen that color combination but otherwise everything looks spot on! I adore that scarf!

Went looking for a flapper dress for a Downton Abbey themed event I am going to Saturday (prizes for best costume) and was thinking I would leave disappointed until I spotted this! Its Marciano and I paid $15 for it (ouch) but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it!

That's adorable! You have a 20's-ish kind of hairstyle, so I could see you winning.

Well, VV was having a 30% off sale so I decided to go take a look. I almost didn't go since they're having a 50% off sale in 5 days! I ended up not going to as many as I normally would because of it.

Anyway, this is my favourite find: a Mackage trench coat! I don't know if anyone outside of Canada knows about this brand, but they're amazing. Their stuff is so fitted and fashion forward, but pricey....this one retailed for around $600, which of course I wasn't going to pay :P.

attachment.php

It was $14, which was more than I wanted to pay...it would have only been $10 in a couple of days! But I just couldn't risk it, the coat is gorgeous!

It's military style and has lambskin leather accents at the collar and the shoulder. There are even wires at the collar and along the chest! The sleeves are even removable! This company's thought of everything!

Even the lining is gorgeous. It has contrasting colours and even a pretty pleated ruffle running along the inside:

attachment.php

Also got this neat hinged top purse for $3.50:

Also found a vintage looking red/black wool coat for $10.50. I've been looking for one forever! All of the other ones have been way too boxy for my tastes, but this one is amazingly fitted...you can tell by how the buttons line up. They form a straight line when you're wearing it!

The only problem is those horrible shoulder pads...those have gotta come out! They are really, really, 80's.

The buttons are beautiful:

Finally, some random knicknacks:

Alabaster jewelry box: $3.95
Birks - Glass and steel swans: $2.95 for the pair

I couldn't believe the jewelry box was so cheap! It's pretty big and just amazing. I think it would have been at least $20 anywhere else.

The wings sold me on the swans. They're moveable! Turns out they're salt holders, and I saw a pair on ebay go for around $100! Didn't expect that at all.

Finally found a mirrored vanity tray for $1.99, but this one's pretty small:

I can't wait for Monday :biggrin:!

Oh I just love everything you got ESP that trench! Way to go! I had no clue about Mackage. Nice. I do notice that many of my nicer vintage coats were made in Canada. Eh?

Love the vintage fume mirror! And the swans! Of course you need two cause they mate for life.

I did it! I did it! I found an authentic Hermes scarf! Woohooo:yahoo:http://[URL="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/raven3766/media/IMG_20130430_215431-1_zps3db48247.jpg.html"]
I guess I will pull it out of the plastic bag now. :biggrin:
[/URL]

amamaaazzzzzinngggggg you are so very lucky!! I am so happy for you! Are you doing the crazy chicken dance right now?

Congrats on the scarves...

I believe this one is auth as well it's the Jungle love scarf which is amazing. I am pretty sure it's auth the only thing is I have never seen that color combination but otherwise everything looks spot on! I adore that scarf!
Wow! If it's authentic then I will be two for two. I paid under $3 for it.

Oh I just love everything you got ESP that trench! Way to go! I had no clue about Mackage. Nice. I do notice that many of my nicer vintage coats were made in Canada. Eh?

amamaaazzzzzinngggggg you are so very lucky!! I am so happy for you! Are you doing the crazy chicken dance right now?
Thanks Laz and yes, I am doing the chicken dance!:biggrin:

Oh lady ash you need long gloves nd some form of darling head jewelry! Take that prize! Jitterbug it up! And carry a flask! Hopefully one with "Daisy" on it ...

The dress is divine! I'll say you did great!

I went to two thrift stores today (got the dress at the first and was recommended to try the second for gloves) and came up empty handed so my mission tomorrow if I have time is to go to some of the vintage places near me and see if I can't find some cheap gloves. I have my hair appointment tomorrow to prep for a photo shoot so hopefully I have enough hair left for Saturday to do finger waves since I just practiced after getting out of the shower and it's super easy to do!
I will take pics Saturday when I get all suited up...I need to be there early because they are giving out limited edition copies of Zoomer magazines Downton Abbey special. Plus there is food, period related cooking lessons, and they will have period costumes on display from one of the local museums that is styled in the 20's era. I'm such a huge Downton Abbey nerd that I anticipate being there the entire 12-5 time frame LOL!

I did it! I did it! I found an authentic Hermes scarf! Woohooo:yahoo:http://
I guess I will pull it out of the plastic bag now. :biggrin:

Love it congrats!! I applied to work at Hermes part time a few weeks ago *crossing fingers* though they said they wanted 2-5 years luxury retail experience...Hoping they at least give me a chance!

Well, VV was having a 30% off sale so I decided to go take a look. I almost didn't go since they're having a 50% off sale in 5 days! I ended up not going to as many as I normally would because of it.

Anyway, this is my favourite find: a Mackage trench coat! I don't know if anyone outside of Canada knows about this brand, but they're amazing. Their stuff is so fitted and fashion forward, but pricey....this one retailed for around $600, which of course I wasn't going to pay :P.

attachment.php

It was $14, which was more than I wanted to pay...it would have only been $10 in a couple of days! But I just couldn't risk it, the coat is gorgeous!

It's military style and has lambskin leather accents at the collar and the shoulder. There are even wires at the collar and along the chest! The sleeves are even removable! This company's thought of everything!

Even the lining is gorgeous. It has contrasting colours and even a pretty pleated ruffle running along the inside:

attachment.php

Also got this neat hinged top purse for $3.50:

attachment.php

Also found a vintage looking red/black wool coat for $10.50. I've been looking for one forever! All of the other ones have been way too boxy for my tastes, but this one is amazingly fitted...you can tell by how the buttons line up. They form a straight line when you're wearing it!

attachment.php

The only problem is those horrible shoulder pads...those have gotta come out! They are really, really, 80's.

The buttons are beautiful:

tumblr_mmi1t8pUw91ru0xizo7_r1_1280.jpg

Finally, some random knicknacks:

attachment.php

Alabaster jewelry box: $3.95
Birks - Glass and steel swans: $2.95 for the pair

I couldn't believe the jewelry box was so cheap! It's pretty big and just amazing. I think it would have been at least $20 anywhere else.

The wings sold me on the swans. They're moveable! Turns out they're salt holders, and I saw a pair on ebay go for around $100! Didn't expect that at all.

Finally found a mirrored vanity tray for $1.99, but this one's pretty small:

attachment.php

I can't wait for Monday :biggrin:!

I learned about Mackage on tPF, lol! That trench is to die for!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.