Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It rained here last night ... I hope you are warm enough! I am sure our City will be generous!
BRRR it was really cold. Glad you said to bring a sweater (Thanks). The Swap Meet was really crowded and I didn't find anything (saved some $$), but we did find a great restaurant downtown, although that's not hard in Pasadena. Buffalo Exchange was right next to where we parked, that was the highlight of my day.....soo many SHOES.

So I shopped for about 3 hours today and ended up with some goodies!!!! I think the thrifting gods knew my birthday is tomorrow so they sent me good clothes :smile:

First: Joie silk top $6
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365996693.935405.jpg

Equipment cashmere sweater $20
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365996749.284429.jpg

My favorites...brown Jbrand leather pants!!! Current season! $15!!!! They retail for $1000!!! Not to mention they fit perfectly :smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365996834.634088.jpg

And lastly...an Herve Leger! New with all tags. They doubled the price and now they are $100 :/ but I couldn't resist!!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365996874.784882.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1365996892.035625.jpg

So I shopped for about 3 hours today and ended up with some goodies!!!! I think the thrifting gods knew my birthday is tomorrow so they sent me good clothes :smile:

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

My favorites...brown Jbrand leather pants!!! Current season! $15!!!! They retail for $1000!!! Not to mention they fit perfectly :smile:
View attachment 2142360

And lastly...an Herve Leger! New with all tags. They doubled the price and now they are $100 :/ but I couldn't resist!!
View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

Happy Birthday! That HL looks amazing on you ..color, cut , style all looks great on you!

The Equipment sweater was a great deal... im not sure how long they have been doing cashmere sweaters but Ive had my eye on them ...even on sale in the hundreds!!!

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

View attachment 2142360

View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363
OMG your finds are incredible! Joie is one of my favourite brands. I absolutely love the HL dress and the J Brands and the Joie blouse and the Equipment... who am I kidding this is one major score! Congrats and happy birthday :smile:)

Happy Birthday! That HL looks amazing on you ..color, cut , style all looks great on you!

The Equipment sweater was a great deal... im not sure how long they have been doing cashmere sweaters but Ive had my eye on them ...even on sale in the hundreds!!!

Thank you!!! And yes I only started seeing them on the Nordstrom site this past fall. They are amazing! I want it to be colder so I can wear it. They seem to pill very fast though :/

OMG your finds are incredible! Joie is one of my favourite brands. I absolutely love the HL dress and the J Brands and the Joie blouse and the Equipment... who am I kidding this is one major score! Congrats and happy birthday :smile:)

Thanks!! I was super happy and when I got home my boyfriend couldn't believe what I had found!! Joie is the best and super expensive retail :/ the jbrands are probably my favorite. I'm a sucker for leather pants!!

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

View attachment 2142360

View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

You win!!!

Holy :salute:

Everything you found is unreal...was it all thrifted or found at a consignment shop? That dress looks amazing. Those pants too. Send your thrifting vibes this way haha

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

View attachment 2142360

View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

The HL dress! I die! It looks like it was made for you!

OMG! They are so cute, I love them!

I am dying over the Eiffel Tower that is amazing!!! And the snail!!

Those are so cute:smile:.

Thanks guys! They're really common and priced cheap if you're interested, you can find them everywhere online! Shipping wouldn't be so bad within the US, but I was getting crazy prices...like $10 - $30 for only a few small bottles :rant:.

Oh my goodness. You have no idea what a run down memory lane your post gave me. My grandfather collected Avon perfume bottles. Like at least 1000 of them when he died. He had shelves put up all over the basement to hold his collection. My uncle took most of them when the house was cleaned out. (sorta/kinda~my dh and I still cleared out a ton when we bought the house...). Anyway, my sister and I joke about them when we see them at yard sales. My grandfather was ultra great though, he used to take us yard sale-ing when we stayed with him and my grandmother when my parents were working.

Those are nice memories of your grandpa! He sounded like a sweetheart. I wish I had someone to take me garage saleing when I was young!

Sounds like the same kind of scenario I bought them from! It was from someone's estate....they said he had the largest collection in Canada. They had rooms full, it took me an hour to look through everything! I kind of wish I bought more now, but I was just so overwhelmed I wasn't thinking straight :P.

I got there pretty early on too, so I think the selection was still great.

AHhhhhhhhhh!!!! They are so adorable! I don't have many for the exact reasons you listed. But when I do find them, I buy. I found the 1974 Red Robin with Rose x3 today and it was $2.50! I was happy!

That is so cool wildfury, like an intant collection you inherited! It will look beautiful! You need a few of the vintage mirror vanity trays! Yes yes ... *makes plans for you*

Thanks! You should have seen their collection....I wouldn't be surprised if they had everything ever made. How many would you have bought :P?

I found so many trays in the past, but of course I didn't need them then. Ever since I've wanted one, they've been nowhere to be found! So for now I just made one from a picture frame...for some reason I did have a mirror the right size, so it works for now:

DSC03353.JPG

Makes me really happy to look at! I just have to pour out their nasty perfume and then clean everything...will probably take a while, but it'll be so worth it!

This was the only avon bottle I had before yesterday. I still think it's so neat!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80578763/vintage-avon-royal-elephant-charisma

I love your collection! I collect vintage perfumes and perfume bottles. I bet when you get your vanity and fill it with your perfume bottles, it will be beautiful.

Thanks! I'd love to see your collection! I'd love to have some high end vintage perfume bottles, they're so gorgeous!

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

View attachment 2142360

View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

Those are all amazing! That dress looks so good on you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.