The FABULOUS ALMA Club!!!

Hey alma lovers! I was so excited to get my first alma today. I had went to my local LV store seeking for the alma pm in damier ebene. As I was looking at the bag...I was shocked that there was no red interior!:confused1: I had ask my SA about it and he says no it doesn't come in red lining...but the LV site has it in red interior and doesn't DE always have a red interior? Is this new? I didn't end up purchasing it because of that, it didn't look right:weird:
Really? Oh no! This is strange. I love the Alma DE and last time i was at LV which was about one month ago the Alma DE had the red lining . :shocked:

Yeah I thought it was suppose to have a red lining! Instead it was just a dark brown lining...:shrugs:
Are you still going to get the Alma? If you really want the red lining, maybe you can call a few stores and ask and they can ship it to you. Do you remember if it was the regular lining material or the soft material thats in the portobello. Sorry, do not know the correct name of it. :smile:

Hey alma lovers! I was so excited to get my first alma today. I had went to my local LV store seeking for the alma pm in damier ebene. As I was looking at the bag...I was shocked that there was no red interior!:confused1: I had ask my SA about it and he says no it doesn't come in red lining...but the LV site has it in red interior and doesn't DE always have a red interior? Is this new? I didn't end up purchasing it because of that, it didn't look right:weird:

I bought a preloved DE alma that has the red interior...what color was the interior if not the red? This must be a very recent change. I know they had just changed the interior pockets at the end of last year for the de alma...

The contrasting red was a nice touch! Bummer!!!

+1. I love that red lining! Brown lining wouldn't look bad or anything, but it just wouldn't "pop". I remember that some of the older DE bags had a terra-cotta orange lining, either in cross-grain leather or soft alacantra. That lining was discontinued years ago and replaced with red. I like the red much more than the orange. If LV has discontinued the red lining, that's a bummer: DE bags are still beautiful, but without the red, they'll be a little less exciting now ( at least, to me.)

I'm in with my monogram Alma as of yesterday! At first I was really excited just because of the price so I couldn't pass it up. But now after looking at everyone's pretty Alma's - I love her! She grows on me more each time I walk into my closet. :biggrin:

This problem is normal for the alma vernis bags since 2011. The quality is going down hill, honestly.
The reason I know this problem because I have been collecting alma vernis since 2007. Old versions from 2007-2010, the handles are very smooth. But since 2011 collection has come out, I was so disappointed. I had to change them again and again until I got the best ones which have the most smooth handles. I complained this with the SA. She stated it is out of her control but she is more than happy to find the best ones for me.
Hope this help friend. ^ ^
Your collection is like an Alma Candy Store... I love it!! Congratulations!