Mean, mean... and rather dumb... elitist people.

Mar 26, 2007
I can't believe this.

I am now working two jobs-- training for Coach as well as my full time job at an advertising agency, designing ads, which is what my degree is in. Today I was chatting with one of the girls from work talking about how I was headed to the boutique this evening to work.

I thought this girl was pretty sweet, she always has been to me, but she stared me right in the face and said, "I'll bet you won't be as proud of your Coach bags now. Don't you feel less classy WORKING for them? I know I would. I'd NEVER work in RETAIL, especially not somewhere that I actually SHOP." Then she said "Ew." SHE ACTUALLY SAID "EW"! Then she smirked, threw away her soy latte and tottered off on her heels.

I was just floored. I just stood there with my mouth open and stared. I wanted to chase her down and be like, "Dude, it's a privilege!" and rant and rave at her and tell her all the reasons why working for Coach was so great. But I just stood there and stared. I'm still just like... :wtf:

I mean, since when does working in retail make you less of a person? And, excuse me, but, isn't Coach Retail like... as good as it gets?! Augh! I'm trying so hard not to just pimp-slap her and be like "WAKE UP!"

OK. Sorry. I just had to get that out there. I know my sisters from different misters on here will agree that... well, that girl must be NUTS, kwim? Are there really people that think that way? Fellow SA's, what's your input??

I don't think I'd let it get my panties in a bunch, kwim? You're working there for you so big deal if she has some kind of issue with it? If you like the job and enjoy meeting people then it won't matter what anyone else thinks.

Oh gosh how can she say that! Coach SA are NOT just retail employees. They are knowledgable friendly and helpful Associates! They help women make decisions and give great customer service. Just ignore her, she obviously has never been in an amazing boutique . Some people just don't understand the quality of coach. The quality of their products and associates!

What a B****! I keep telling my dh that after I have this baby, I may seriously consider looking for a PT evening teaching job (I currently teach at a career school) and get a PT job at Coach during the day b/c I know they treat their employees well. Not to mention the discount and extras, like scarves, incentive programs, etc. I'd be proud to be an SA - you should be too!

What a biotch!! Tactless people like that really bother me......I would have slapped her, then kicked her in the shins, lol. But, you really have to ignore people like that, they really don't know know better.

She is just a rude and insensitive person. Don't waste your time with people like that. I would give my right arm to work at Coach, unfortunately for me I don't have the time. I would be honored to work in such an establishment that has such great Customer Service and great SA's. Don't pay that tactless wanabe any mind. She just doesn't have a clue.

Where are all these idiots coming from??? Bet she'll be the first idiot asking you to buy her something with your discount!! Forget her!!! I think it's great you're working for Coach!!!

You broke your ban? What'd you get? :graucho::girlsigh:

And thanks everybody. I'm glad to know I'm not going nuts, and that the girl really is just... BLAH. There isn't even a WORD for her. I'm about to leave the office and trying to decide if I wanna use a snappy comeback on her or just walk and ignore it. I should be the bigger person and ignore it I know, but.... :yucky: