Stella McCartney Falabella Tote

I've been wanting to buy a Falabella bag for a while now but got sidetracked by other purchases. Anyway, I was in selfridges yesterday and they had the large one marked down to £500 in the damaged section. It said that on the description the chain strap was tarnishing. The SA told me that it wasn't tarnishing but that it was just that parts of the chain strap had missed out on being coated during the coating process for some reason. On inspecting it more closely I realised that she was speaking rubbish because it was obvious that the silver coating on the straps was actually peeling off. And when I rubbed it lightly, a huge piece of silver coating actually flaked off. I've just been looking through this thread and saw a picture that somebody had posted which shows that the exact same thing happened to the chains on their bag. This has really put me off buying this bag. The silver had peeled off most of the underside of the whole chain on the bag I saw yesterday. But I don't understand why this would happen to some and not all of the bags.

Love these bags!!! The hardware is chunky and tight on these pieces. A combination of friction between the two pieces of metal and something corrosive...lotion, hand oils ect, can cause the hardware to "peel" or turn.

Hi all, I am planning to get the Falabella small tote in black soon but I'm trying to figure out which website to order from. While looking at the websites I noticed that the inside color is different. On the Nordstrom website the inside is a tan color and on the Stella McCartney website it's a pink color. Here are pictures of what I mean:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/stella-mccartney-falabella-small-shaggy-deer-tote/3302384?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

http://www.stellamccartney.com/us/stella-mccartney/tote_cod45191305px.html

The Stella McCartney website says FALL 2012 so I'm wondering if the pink is a seasonal color.

Does anyone have this same bag? I was wondering what color your bags are inside. :smile:

Hi all, I am planning to get the Falabella small tote in black soon but I'm trying to figure out which website to order from. While looking at the websites I noticed that the inside color is different. On the Nordstrom website the inside is a tan color and on the Stella McCartney website it's a pink color. Here are pictures of what I mean:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/stella-mccartney-falabella-small-shaggy-deer-tote/3302384?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

The Stella McCartney website says FALL 2012 so I'm wondering if the pink is a seasonal color.

Does anyone have this same bag? I was wondering what color your bags are inside. :smile:

Ill have to double check, but I'm pretty sure all of my Falabellas are tan on the inside. I do know 100% my black one is tan inside (like the Nords one you posted). I wonder if its the way the stella site one is photographed? I'll check later tonight to be sure though.

Ok, I checked all of my Stellas and every single one has the same tan lining, even my crossbody's and smaller falabellas. I'm thinking that is the standard lining and the picture may just look pink due to lighting (but I'm not an expert on Stella so I am not positive).

emcosmo1639 said:
Ok, I checked all of my Stellas and every single one has the same tan lining, even my crossbody's and smaller falabellas. I'm thinking that is the standard lining and the picture may just look pink due to lighting (but I'm not an expert on Stella so I am not positive).

Thank you so much for checking! :smile: All the ones I have seen online were tan too. I emailed the Stella McCartney customer service yesterday asking about it and they responded saying:

"We would like to confirm that the colour of the inside of the bag is the one shown in the picture of the Product Page."

It didn't really answer my question whether or not it's pink but I might just take the plunge and order it :P

Thank you so much for checking! :smile: All the ones I have seen online were tan too. I emailed the Stella McCartney customer service yesterday asking about it and they responded saying:

"We would like to confirm that the colour of the inside of the bag is the one shown in the picture of the Product Page."

It didn't really answer my question whether or not it's pink but I might just take the plunge and order it :P

I recently bought the shaggy deer fold over tote from a reputable store and the lining was the pink colour. I was worried that they accidentally sent me a fake! The new SS13 tagged bags have this lining. Hope this helps!

emilyenglish said:
I recently bought the shaggy deer fold over tote from a reputable store and the lining was the pink colour. I was worried that they accidentally sent me a fake! The new SS13 tagged bags have this lining. Hope this helps!

Thank you!! Very helpful, I thought it might have been a seasonal color but wasn't sure :smile:

I just scored a Falabella clutch bag from Harvey Nichols in the sale. It had been marked down from £495 to £198 and it's a lovely burgundy colour. So pleased as I've wanted a Falabella clutch for a while and I'd also been looking at burgundy clutches.

Yes, I'm delighted! I never find great bargains.

I just wondered if anyone knew how to clean the bag in case it gets dirty? My evenings out tend to be to restaurants these days, so I was wondering what could be done if some food got onto it? I also wear a lot of hand cream and I'm always applying it but it could be a potential disaster if I handled the bag after applying it. The fabric looks like the sort that would show every bit of dirt or grease, and would be really hard to remove.

Last edited: