Stella McCartney Falabella Tote

I would be careful buying a Falabella on eBay because they sell a ton of fakes on ioffer.com and people can buy them for like $100 then auction them on eBay. I haven't found anyone on here who can authenticate them either.
I can't view the listing either but if you aren't sure or if the seller doesn't have much feedback then I wouldnt go through with the transaction.

Here is a picture of my falabella with the logo on the button snap:

Thank you so much! That's a gorgeous baby you have there. *drools*
May i know where you got it from?

Hi ladies, just wondering if there is a difference in the metal hardware between gun metal and silver as some of the online sellers indicate the hardware as gun metal and some as shiny silver. Pardon me but am confused!

Also is there a stark difference in faux suede leather and the regular faux leather?

Thank you so much ladies for your help!

I agree that it should be love within 5 seconds, that's why I'm confused! I was literally dreaming about this bag lol. Maybe I'm just not sure because I didn't get to try on all the styles, I might try to get to a store to try the fold over version instead! Do you like that style the best?

I think it looks wonderful on you! If money was no object I'd have both versions! I bought the fold over as it can double up as an evening shoulder bag when using the longer chain. I love how the handle drop on yours is bigger. The only thing with the fold over, is that it's a tight squeeze if you want to wear it on the shoulder using the handles. For practical everyday use, I'd say yours was better. Mine spends most days in a dust bag as it's my weekend/going out for drinks and dinner bag!

Oh nooo! :sad:
I managed to upload pics here. The bags looks like the real thing except for the logo on the magnetic snap button though. Can there be any exception??

It looks good to me. Is it pre owned or new? Perhaps past season ones didn't have a logo on the snap? At the bottom of the inside pocket of mine, there's a white tag stitched in. Mine is S13 which is the new spring 2013 model (mine has the new pink lining). I've attached a photo. Maybe this will determine when yours was made. Failing that are you anywhere near a store that sells Stella McCartney? Many stores are happy to authenticate. Just phone in advance to double check.

Attachments

• image-896322632.jpg
    image-896322632.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 8,323
Even the lettering on the disc is in exactly the same position as mine. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
thought i would share this with you. One of the lovely and helpful tpf-ers here like yourself gave me a tip on how to authenticate. Is this true?

Starting with the dustbag, Stella Mccartney dustbags are all made of STRONG ,thick, waxed cotton with a purple strong string ,in the T (for Stella) there are 9 dots and the dots are purple colour, the fake dustbag was made of flimsy cheap cotton with white strings ,had a 100% organic cotton logo in the corner and the T ( of Stella) had 7 dots and were brown colour.
The stitch was the biggest indicator as it was larger and not perfect as the real ones, the real Stella's stitches are very tight and straight ,the Stella Mccartney printed inside the bag should be clear dots ,not smudge ,the purse that comes attached to the bag's metal inside must be perfectly stitched,not shabby like the phony ones as you can see in the picture and even the little ring that holds the purse should be thick not thin and fragile. Although Stella Mccartney bags are synthetic, they should be heavy ,firm and strong, the quality is as good as leather, it should be sturdy, not thin like cheap plastic and shouldn't be light.The patent bags should be strong and even rubbing against the wall shouldn't make the material deteriorate

thought i would share this with you. One of the lovely and helpful tpf-ers here like yourself gave me a tip on how to authenticate. Is this true?

Starting with the dustbag, Stella Mccartney dustbags are all made of STRONG ,thick, waxed cotton with a purple strong string ,in the T (for Stella) there are 9 dots and the dots are purple colour, the fake dustbag was made of flimsy cheap cotton with white strings ,had a 100% organic cotton logo in the corner and the T ( of Stella) had 7 dots and were brown colour.
The stitch was the biggest indicator as it was larger and not perfect as the real ones, the real Stella's stitches are very tight and straight ,the Stella Mccartney printed inside the bag should be clear dots ,not smudge ,the purse that comes attached to the bag's metal inside must be perfectly stitched,not shabby like the phony ones as you can see in the picture and even the little ring that holds the purse should be thick not thin and fragile. Although Stella Mccartney bags are synthetic, they should be heavy ,firm and strong, the quality is as good as leather, it should be sturdy, not thin like cheap plastic and shouldn't be light.The patent bags should be strong and even rubbing against the wall shouldn't make the material deteriorate

I agree with some of the above. The dustbags all have white strings now and lots has changed to them. Mine has a 100% cotton logo on it and I bought it from a reputable Stella McCartney stockist. I have the fold over, so that doesn't come with a purse inside.

Hi ladies, just wondering if there is a difference in the metal hardware between gun metal and silver as some of the online sellers indicate the hardware as gun metal and some as shiny silver. Pardon me but am confused!

Also is there a stark difference in faux suede leather and the regular faux leather?

I think most websites list the chain color as silver but in real life it's more of a gunmetal color. The shaggy deer fabric is a faux leather but in real life it's not completely smooth so it feels more like a faux suede :smile:

Normally 'silver' tone hardware is shiny and similar to what is seen in silverware. 'Gun metal' tends to have more grey tones and in essence similar to pewter.

'Faux suede leather' has a suede-like look and feel but is not made of leather. It could be a microfiber cloth of some sort.

'Regular faux leather' would have a leather appearance (either smooth or grainy) but again is not crafted in real leather and can be made out of a number of things.

Beware of any description that does not clarify the materials used.

Hi

I have just bought a Falabella wool with blended silk in Greg color. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I can hardly find any review on this bag. Does anyone have any thought to share? I have got it for roughly $700. Is it a good price ?? Cheers

I agree with most of this except the dust bags. I'm in the middle of a move so all of mine are packed away, but I don't remember any purple on mine. They are sturdier material than some dustbags, but I think the string was white in mine. I have purchased all of my Stellas from Saks, Nords, FarFetch and Neimans so I know they are authentic. Once I unpack I'll try and pull them all out and compare parts to see if there is any other authenticating mark.

I think they may have changed the dust bags. Mine is cotton, with a white string as well.

Meanwhile, I just purchased this cross body from Overstock and I'm wondering if the "metallic black" is a different color than black (I have the tote in black).

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-S...tched-Mini-Crossbody-Bag/7660069/product.html

However, it looks identical to the version on the SM site (where don't call it metallic; nor do they specify "gunmetal" or silver.

http://www.stellamccartney.com/us/stella-mccartney/shoulder-bag_cod45191835gc.html

I don't have it front of me, but I'm pretty sure my tote one is silver, not gunmetal, unless of course they are the same thing!

I haven't seen the Spring cross bodies in person, so I'm hoping someone can clarify whether this seemingly new metallic black is in fact more "metallic" looking. The reason I ask is that my regular black tote has a slight sheen to it, so maybe they're the same thing?