Stella McCartney Falabella Tote

Hi everyone,

I’m considering buying a mini falabella tote in light grey. I’ve loved the style of the bag and how versatile it is for years. Such a beautiful bag!

Before deciding whether to buy the bag I just wanted to know what the wear and tear of it is like? Has anyone experienced any issues with the whipstitching around the chain or tarnishing of the chain for example? If so did SM offer to repair the bag? I have a couple of Mulberry’s and I’m used to dealing with them for repairs with great customer service. I can’t seem to find any info on SM website about their warranty or repairs policy?

In addition to this does the grey ever go in the sale or is it more seasonal colours?

I don’t tend to sell my bags on and would like to know if there have been any issues before taking the plunge and spending the money. Thanks very much
I have had experience with a lot of Stella bags with both gold chains and silver chains. I also have a wallet, 2 card cases and a cross body with black chains. I have used some of my Stella bags as everyday bags. None of my Stella items have any issues whatsoever and look great despite years of use. As a result, I have never had to deal with customer service.

I have never had a grey colored bag so I don't know if you have to be a bit more careful with it but it can be washed with water and soap.

I have seen all colors go on sale. I purchased my black on black crossbody bag on sale.

Reactions: BagLady1983
Thanks for
I have had experience with a lot of Stella bags with both gold chains and silver chains. I also have a wallet, 2 card cases and a cross body with black chains. I have used some of my Stella bags as everyday bags. None of my Stella items have any issues whatsoever and look great despite years of use. As a result, I have never had to deal with customer service.

I have never had a grey colored bag so I don't know if you have to be a bit more careful with it but it can be washed with water and soap.

I have seen all colors go on sale. I purchased my black on black crossbody bag on sale.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the information which is really helpful! I’ll be having a look at the sale to see if I can get one

Reactions: jess236
For anyone needing to clean Falabella bags, here is my experience (buying and selling them frequently, and every time I buy a used one I clean it):
- Most stains will come out with a microfiber cloth and lukewarm water. The material is some kind of polyester, so there's a plus right there for cleaning
- For stubborn stains, you can try a textile cleanser, that doesn't impact the colour. Very important that you need to TEST this out before rubbing it on the stain and leaving it there.
- Keep water away from the stitching and the chain (definitely don't wash your bag) - because water impacts these materials differently, and I have seen bags distorting shape upon shrinkage from water. It is also not good for your metal plating on the chain.

Reactions: Pluim
Hi everyone, it's been several years since this came out but I like the slouchy casual yet elevated design of the bag. I'm thinking of buying a pre owned Falabella tote, but wanted to get your opinion if this is real or fake.. Seller said that some of the faux leather parts are disintegrating into some kind of dusty material but is still in good condition. Maybe the vegan leather is starting to biodegrade already but I hope not LOL

Does this happen to any of your Falabella bags?

Attachments

• sm5.jpg
    sm5.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 12
  • sm4.jpg
    sm4.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 12
  • sm3.jpg
    sm3.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 11
  • sm2.jpg
    sm2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 10
  • sm1.jpg
    sm1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 11
Hi everyone, it's been several years since this came out but I like the slouchy casual yet elevated design of the bag. I'm thinking of buying a pre owned Falabella tote, but wanted to get your opinion if this is real or fake.. Seller said that some of the faux leather parts are disintegrating into some kind of dusty material but is still in good condition. Maybe the vegan leather is starting to biodegrade already but I hope not LOL

Does this happen to any of your Falabella bags?
It looks authentic. To be absolutely certain ask for a picture of the tag inside.
None of my Falabellas have any "shedding". This bag must have been very heavily used. May I ask what is the price?