Mulberry bags that you hate and why?

Well said Plemont thats because you are a good natured soul and dont have a bad temper like me. :hugs:
Teachers are always patient and tolerant.
I do have strong some opinions sometimes though.;)

I couldnt sleep last night and just came up with this thread proves one thing though i truly hate that dorset.:lol:

Haha I'm patient and tolerant most of the time! However I am the world's nosiest and that's why I'm enjoying the thread so much :lol:

Following Melus lead here are MY PERSONAL opinions

Hideous design:
Tillie
Buckle bags
Lizzie
Travel bag bags
Maisie
Tassle bag
Hettie

Awful quality:
Dorset tote
New effie range- extra bad that the original effie was thick juicy darwin leather- so why reuse the name on such an inferior shoddy leather style??

Incredibly unpractical:
SBS
Del Rey
Love on others but not for me

Love love love:
Reg Alexa
Bays but not in garish colours (sorry lovers of brights, orange and pinks- just hate pink) or non practical leathers

Haha I'm patient and tolerant most of the time! However I am the world's nosiest and that's why I'm enjoying the thread so much :lol:

Me too.:yahoo:

Hmm...I'm not a fan of the Antony, it's just a bit too utilitarian for me...and I'm sure this won't go down well, but I just can't get my head around the Del Ray...it just looks exactly like a Topshop bag I bought for about £30. I don't get all the hype...I think I'm much more of a fan of classic Mulberry :-s

Hmm...I'm not a fan of the Antony, it's just a bit too utilitarian for me...and I'm sure this won't go down well, but I just can't get my head around the Del Ray...it just looks exactly like a Topshop bag I bought for about £30. I don't get all the hype...I think I'm much more of a fan of classic Mulberry :-s
I have to agree the standard del rey is not for me either but i love the oak small Anthony.
The classic bags are lovely.

DISLIKE (but don't hate):
Daria Satchel - strap too short for across body and disc too blingy for me

Daria Hobo - disc too blingy although petrol with gunmetal is lovely as its toned down

Lily - strap too short for across body, chain strap not comfy for me

Mitzy - too big, open top, dislike brown strap

Antony - too masculine

Any handheld bag - don't work for me as I get pins and needles up arms, has to either go on shoulder or preferably across body

LOVE:
SBS - perfect size and shape for me and love it across body

Alexa - love style but sold ink and just haven't found perfect leather /colour combi yet to replace

Funny how some I love others dislike, and others I dislike others love. I have to say all the ones I dislike I do actually like them on others, they are just not for me.

Not liking the Maisie. Notice that no one is buying them in the sale.... I woukdnt. I have seen a Maisie being carrried. Agree with what another lady said on here about the denim Mulberry bags, when I spend my money, I want good quality leather. Unsure about the Del Ray at the moment, though it will probably win me over, it seems like hand luggage.

Hi ladies. Controversial thread! I hope nobody takes offence...

I dislike..
Daria (like others have mentioned too blingy and I don't like big obvious logos)
Effie same as above.
Roxy-too busy
Anthony-too boxy
Alexa- too boring and too many copycats on the high street
Maisie- cheap looking
Eliza- too seasonal with the studs although love the leather
Sbs- find the whole short handles and the cross body strap odd. Definitely would look weird on me
Trout- not for me but definitely can see some people looking great with it.
Bryn- a bit boring?

Eek I didn't realise how many I don't like at the mo. what makes me laugh is how ridiculously fickle I am as I've bought many of the above in past but then sold them on. Hmmm

Love....
Lily
Bays
Carter
Polly
Del rey
I like the willow but again for such an expensive bag perhaps too seasonal.
Cecily

Love reading this thread, all the different opinions are really interesting! I don't think there's any mulberry bags I hate - I.e. if somebody gave me one for free I think I'd use it! But bags I never have any intention of purchasing:

Alexa (to over-done in my opinion although I did see a lovely oak one on don't tell the bride)
Bryn or similar manly bags
SBS - don't get this one at all, looks like a child's bag to me.

I absolutely adore the bays and would have lots of them if I could :heart: I also really like the Lily's, Carter and some of the tote bags.

I'm very picky with my bags... but I LOVE the Maisie! (Specifically black with the shearling) honestly dreaming of that back (I know i'm in the minority for that, maybe everyone else has nightmares?!) I guess it's more my 'style' than a lot of TPFers!

However, I really dislike any bag in oak! I agree with a lot of you, really don't like any of the Darias, Bays Tote and not even that keen on Lily!!

Wow, I'm not going to be very popular with this post I feel :P

This could be a long list!

Anything with tassels, glitter or metallic/shiny/hairy finishes, studs

Gosh these are the ones I adore :loveeyes:...............Love it when Mulberry add all these extras :hbeat:

I am a hardware junky, I think it makes the bag & hope to do a hairy reveal later!!!!!!!!

Roxy got me into Mulberry when it first came out but I have to admit very impractical but just had to have another in black when they hit the Outlets.

Other than my initial reply that i hate Mitzy Sacks & Bus Conductor bags When I read all of your comments it brings quite a few more to mind I don't like

Del Ray.........really naff, just so plain & I would never buy a bag I can't get over my shoulder

Cant think why it's taken another season for Mulberry to introduce a satchel. We all seem in agreement that was a good idea

The new style Effie

& those zigzag bags.................and tweed, Mulberry should stick to leather

Think we could go on for ever....

Have you had a count up Jan. there seem a lot of votes for Antony :tdown:

Of the recents.........
Multicolour Bayswater / Lily - bit like buying a Aston Martin and spraying it Council van yellow (back in the day)
Alexa - tried it but just dont *get it*.
Daria - all of them because of the huge badge (until the day i buy one that is !)
Tweed Cecily and all the Zig Zag bags - i think they were really taking the mickey with those.
New Effie - its that huge rim round the edge that spoils it for me.

Sure there are more but Corrie is about to start.................

I'm very picky with my bags... but I LOVE the Maisie! (Specifically black with the shearling) honestly dreaming of that back (I know i'm in the minority for that, maybe everyone else has nightmares?!) I guess it's more my 'style' than a lot of TPFers!

However, I really dislike any bag in oak! I agree with a lot of you, really don't like any of the Darias, Bays Tote and not even that keen on Lily!!

Wow, I'm not going to be very popular with this post I feel :P

Have you seen thelittlestar's reveal? Your black shearling Maisie looks fab on this! ;) It's great to be different - I'm still in a minority of three who like the Marmite Bays of the sale, the floral scribble! Heaven knows why, but I just do!! :biggrin:

Have you seen thelittlestar's reveal? Your black shearling Maisie looks fab on this! ;) It's great to be different - I'm still in a minority of three who like the Marmite Bays of the sale, the floral scribble! Heaven knows why, but I just do!! :biggrin:

Just saw it! *In love* however I've just splurged on a Bal so I don't think it'll be mine any time soon! Maybe outlet next year?!

Ooo me too! I think I like any of the 'classic' Mulbs that have funky patterns more so than the plain!

Definitely good to be different!!