E-Bay and TPF members

Hmmm I'm a member and it never crossed my mind to even put it in my listing. I guess because I know my items are authentic so I don't feel the need to add it to make a buyer more comfortable shrugs!!
However I have seen it and when I do I always ask them their member name and then I look for their reveal or their postings.. Always always get items authenticated :smile:

^Exactly right. I don't trust them any more, or any less. I'm pretty sure there are already threads about this here too. If you do search you might find them and see more opinions on this.:smile:

ETA: Unless tPF starts making members pass a lie detector test before being a member, I won't automatically trust them.:biggrin:

nessie805 said:
but even when someone claims to be a TPF member you would think they would have "required pics" for authentication.

This. I find this so annoying. When they claim they're members and we should trust them. But apparently they don't even know enough to have all the correct photos needed.

No. If I wanted their item I would message them and ask for their tpf id. I would then check them out here and unless they had 500 or more posts I would not consider their tpf comment trust inspiring.

Not really, I will have the item auth first. But of course, hopefully, she is not the one to auth the item! Also, i would look like the rating and the current feedback, its better to be safe than be sorry.

If I'm listing a bag which I didn't buy directly from a retail store, I put it on TPF for authentication (even if I'm happy it's OK) myself before I list - then can state in listing that it's been checked (I also will print off & send with the item, a copy of the post & replies) - If I don't feel an item needs a second opinion then my listing will say I am a PF member but the item hasn't been posted for authentication but bidder welcome to do so themselves.
...but "no", I would agree that stating on a listing you are a PF member is not an automatic reason for the bidders to trust you unconditionally. xH

Unfortunately there are many "inexperienced buyers" on ebay who are
very trusting..

If they see that the seller is a TPF member that may give them that extra
boost of confidence to indeed make the purchase without doing the necessary
research.

So, the long and short of it is NO... do your homework & don't assume anything
until you are sure...

I mention it. because it means that I have an interest in designer handbags and that it is a valuable resource. In addition, I also tell people to check everything before they bid. I have sold a lot of LV and Coach, have been doing it for years and still have a very high rating. (Right now it is at 100 percent. That may drop because of a nut case buyer).
In the beginning, it was a bigger deal; we were such a small community then.

I mention it. because it means that I have an interest in designer handbags and that it is a valuable resource. In addition, I also tell people to check everything before they bid. I have sold a lot of LV and Coach, have been doing it for years and still have a very high rating. (Right now it is at 100 percent. That may drop because of a nut case buyer).
In the beginning, it was a bigger deal; we were such a small community then.

There are many sellers like yourself who take pride in their listings
and disclose what needs to be. However, there are others who
take advantage of unsuspecting buyers & many do say that they
are member of TPF.. so whether they are or not, buyer has to
do their own homework & ask the questions that need to be asked.
Some buyers feel that being a member of TPF is all they need
to know the item is authentic.. as we all know that necessarily is not
the case